Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

God's answer for your worry

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true and powerful words! I have never been able to find the phrase "your rights" in the bible,
    [SIGPIC]1 Peter 4:16
    However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.sigpic

Comment

WHEREBY SHALL I KNOW?

"I thank Thee, 0 Father . . . because Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes." Matthew 11:25

In spiritual relationship we do not grow step by step; we are either there or we are not. God does not cleanse us more and more from sin, but when we are in the light, walking in the light, we are cleansed from all sin. It is a question of obedience, and instantly the relationship is perfected. Turn away for one second out of obedience, and darkness and death are at work at once.

All God's revelations are sealed until they are opened to us by obedience. You will never get them open by philosophy or thinking. Immediately you obey, a flash of light comes. Let God's truth work in you by soaking in it, not by worrying into it. The only way you can get to know is to stop trying to find out and by being born again. Obey God in the thing He shows you, and instantly the next thing is opened up. One reads tomes on the work of the Holy Spirit, when one five minutes of drastic obedience would make things as clear as a sunbeam. "I suppose I shall understand these things some day!" You can understand them now. It is not study that does it, but obedience. The tiniest fragment of obedience, and heaven opens and the profoundest truths of God are yours straight away. God will never reveal more truth about Himself until you have obeyed what you know already. Beware of becoming "wise and prudent."

http://www.myutmost.org/10/1010.html

Beloved, obedience to 'worrying not' has its own rewards. As the man Jesus walked this earth, He worried not, and He prayed often. Take your concerns to our Father, that He show you what you are to do, and then do it. It is in His hands now, worry not and walk before Him.
      Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

LOOK AGAIN AND THINK

"Take no thought for your life." Matthew 6:25

A warning which needs to be reiterated is that the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the lust of other things entering in, will choke all that God puts in. We are never free from the recurring tides of this encroachment. If it does not come on the line of clothes and food, it will come on the line of money or lack of money; of friends or lack of friends; or on the line of difficult circumstances. It is one steady encroachment all the time, and unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up the standard against it, these things will come in like a flood.

"Take no thought for your life." "Be careful about one thing only," says our Lord - "your relationship to Me." Common sense shouts loud and says - "That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, I must consider what I am going to eat and drink." Jesus says you must not. Beware of allowing the thought that this statement is made by One Who does not understand our particular circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things so as to make them the one concern of our life. Whenever there is competition, be sure that you put your relationship to God first.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." How much evil has begun to threaten you to-day? What kind of mean little imps have been looking in and saying - Now what are you going to do next month - this summer? "Be anxious for nothing," Jesus says. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the "much more" of your heavenly Father. http://www.myutmost.org/01/0127.html

Brethren, nothing is more important and difficult than the foundation of our lives, our focus, our fret and our very lives must be given to Christ. Remember in those anxious moments, remember the Lord, He is beside you at all times.

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Thank you for your encouragement. Its rare we get it nowadays, so let us encourage each other all the more, as we see the day approaching

Comment

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
            LOOK AGAIN AND THINK

"Take no thought for your life." Matthew 6:25

A warning which needs to be reiterated is that the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the lust of other things entering in, will choke all that God puts in. We are never free from the recurring tides of this encroachment. If it does not come on the line of clothes and food, it will come on the line of money or lack of money; of friends or lack of friends; or on the line of difficult circumstances. It is one steady encroachment all the time, and unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up the standard against it, these things will come in like a flood.

"Take no thought for your life." "Be careful about one thing only," says our Lord - "your relationship to Me." Common sense shouts loud and says - "That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, I must consider what I am going to eat and drink." Jesus says you must not. Beware of allowing the thought that this statement is made by One Who does not understand our particular circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things so as to make them the one concern of our life. Whenever there is competition, be sure that you put your relationship to God first.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." How much evil has begun to threaten you to-day? What kind of mean little imps have been looking in and saying - Now what are you going to do next month - this summer? "Be anxious for nothing," Jesus says. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the "much more" of your heavenly Father. http://www.myutmost.org/01/0127.html

Brethren, nothing is more important and difficult than the foundation of our lives, our focus, our fret and our very lives must be given to Christ. Remember in those anxious moments, remember the Lord, He is beside you at all times.
            HIE: thanks a ton for these words & this study. As I'm sitting here reading & typing, jobless, nursing career potentially over (due to burn-out), bills to pay, money very short, etc. etc., I'm perfectly at peace. And I know this peace is only from my Lord and Savior. Until the next door is open (whether nursing or not), I'm content to sit, read the word, learn, come here, & rejoice that one day quite soon, we will be called home. And on that day, I will finally be able to fall at the feet of my Savior & worship Him forever.
            1 Thess 4:16-7 (KJV): For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, & with the trump of God: & the dead in Christ shall rise first.Then we which are alive & remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: & so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Comment

This thread is still a blessing.
              I am going to repent from worry and every time I feel anxiety rise up in me, I am committed to
              taking it to the Lord in prayer.
              I want deliverance from the sin of worry.
              The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Comment

It's easy to worry with everything going on in the world and in our own lives. But it's just as easy to accept Jesus' burden, for He tells us His yoke is easy and His burden light. He never gives us more than we can bear, and we can give our troubles to him to carry when they become too much for us to carry. We serve a merciful Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                  [CENTER]The Overshadowing Personal Deliverance

The Sermon on the Mount indicates that when we are on Jesus Christ's errands, there is no time to stand up for ourselves. Jesus says, in effect, Do not be bothered with whether you are being justly dealt with or not. To look for justice is a sign of deflection from devotion to Him. Never look for justice in this world, but never cease to give it. If we look for justice, we will begin to grouse and to indulge in the discontent of self-pity - Why should I be treated like this? If we are devoted to Jesus Christ we have nothing to do with what we meet, whether it is just or unjust. Jesus says - Go steadily on with what I have told you to do and I will guard your life. If you try to guard it yourself, you remove yourself from My deliverance. The most devout among us become atheistic in this connection; we do not believe God, we enthrone common sense and tack the name of God on to it. We do lean to our own understanding, instead of trusting God with all our hearts.

Six months later and this is still a timely message. I really, really needed this today.

Comment

I'd be a wealthy woman if I could run a business entitled, "Worrying For Others". I'm a Worldly Worrier when I should be a Biblical Warrior.

Always a timely message!

sigpic

Comment

God’s Assurance
                      "He Himself has said . . . . So we may boldly say . . ."
                      —Hebrews 13:5-6

My assurance is to be built upon God’s assurance to me. God says, “I will never leave you,” so that then I “may boldly say, ’The Lord is my helper; I will not fear’ ” (Hebrews 13:5-6). In other words, I will not be obsessed with apprehension. This does not mean that I will not be tempted to fear, but I will remember God’s words of assurance. I will be full of courage, like a child who strives to reach the standard his father has set for him. The faith of many people begins to falter when apprehensions enter their thinking, and they forget the meaning of God’s assurance— they forget to take a deep spiritual breath. The only way to remove the fear from our lives is to listen to God’s assurance to us.

What are you fearing? Whatever it may be, you are not a coward about it— you are determined to face it, yet you still have a feeling of fear. When it seems that there is nothing and no one to help you, say to yourself, “But ’The Lord is my helper’ this very moment, even in my present circumstance.” Are you learning to listen to God before you speak, or are you saying things and then trying to make God’s Word fit what you have said? Take hold of the Father’s assurance, and then say with strong courage, “I will not fear.” It does not matter what evil or wrong may be in our way, because “He Himself has said, ’I will never leave you . . . .’ ”
                      Human frailty is another thing that gets between God’s words of assurance and our own words and thoughts. When we realize how feeble we are in facing difficulties, the difficulties become like giants, we become like grasshoppers, and God seems to be nonexistent. But remember God’s assurance to us— “I will never. . . forsake you.” Have we learned to sing after hearing God’s keynote? Are we continually filled with enough courage to say, “The Lord is my helper,” or are we yielding to fear?

Comment

Wow! I don't know how I ever missed your first post, HeIsEnough! Thank you! May God Bless you! This is exactly what I need to hear and read since I am probably one of the world's best "worriers"---always have been! So very true about "our difficulties becoming giants." These giants have been trampling over me for most of my life (especially the past few years ), but I fully have known that God is Who is holding me up. I need to remember to put my armour of God on and say "The Lord is my Helper!!"
                        Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

sigpic

Comment

Take hold of the Father’s assurance, and then say with strong courage, “I will not fear.”

I will not fear.

Thanks, HIE, this is a great thread!
                          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                            Take hold of the Father’s assurance, and then say with strong courage, “I will not fear.”

I will not fear.

Thanks, HIE, this is a great thread!
                            AMEN, iSong6, and you know what else I just realized (standing at the kitchen counter)?--- HIE's name here in RR certainly strongly rang that bell for me! HE IS ENOUGH!!!!
                            Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X