No announcement yet.

Unemployment - The worst is yet to come, says Roubini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Jimmy Carter economy on steroids. I remember those days and it took a Republican to fix the mess. This time it maybe too much of a mess to fix.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Originally posted by ron4jesus View Post
      Another Jimmy Carter economy on steroids. I remember those days and it took a Republican to fix the mess. This time it maybe too much of a mess to fix.
      That is a real possibility. Anyhow, if we are blessed with a conservative president elected in 2012, I pray he (or she) has the wisdom and ability of a Reagan....that is EXACTLY what will be needed to get us on track again.

Comment

Originally posted by jb777 View Post
        That is a real possibility. Anyhow, if we are blessed with a conservative president elected in 2012, I pray he (or she) has the wisdom and ability of a Reagan....that is EXACTLY what will be needed to get us on track again.
        If GOD allows us another President I totally agree with you .

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Originally posted by cocopea9052 View Post
          Oh Ruth I feel for you. I see a lot of businesses closing, but then when a new one does open, so many people come to apply. They just closed another BlockBusters near us, and a Chase bank that never opened is now some type of discount diamond outlet....Who can afford to buy diamonds now???

On one corner is a closed Mervyns, a closed Target (they moved down the street) and a closed Cosco they moved also down the street. But this did not add jobs, they just moved the people over. We have a Staples and a Office Depot directly across from each other, and I just wonder how long two of the exact same businesses can last before one cancels the other out.
          Retail, retail, retail...folks selling stuff to folks.

What happened to making stuff as opposed to selling it? Manufacturing? Or even IT?

I found the answer in the next post from BigMoose.

Back in the 90s, there were a series of gloomy articles lamenting the "hollowing out" of American industry. Nobody cared because they thought the Internet was going to change everything.

Yep. They supposed Amazon, Twitter and Facebook would substitute for American manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by JY11 View Post
            You mean Rope and Chains?
            Yes I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by JY11 View Post
              You mean Rope and Chains?
              Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X