X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShowUsTheFather View Post
    Wait what?

I'm totally lost - where is Caledonia??
    Do you mean New Caledonia? It's south of Vanuatu.

Comment

What happens when one of these babies hits California? Glad I live in the middle of a manure-laden corn field in the desolate reaches of Iowa's farm belt. It may not quake here much, but the unwholesome stench of fertilizer wafting into town at night will make your stomach turn.

Comment

Do you have google earth? It will take right to it.
        sigpic

Comment

SUVA, October 8, 2009 (AFP) - Low-lying areas in Fiji evacuated after tsunami alert.

Comment

Wow, they must be so terrified!

Comment

Originally posted by caligal View Post
              Do you have google earth? It will take right to it.
              thanks, didn't think of that before

the USGS maps are lacking the detail

Comment

New tsunami warming for Pacific region

New tsunami warming for Pacific region

New Zealand is back on tsunami alert after an earthquake struck near Vanuatu at 11am (NZ time) this morning.

The 7.8 magnitude earthquake was located 373 km north-northwest of Santo, Vanuatu, at a depth of 33 km, the US Geological Survey reports.

http://news.msn.co.nz/article/872963...pacific-region

Comment

It even shows recent quakes.
                  sigpic

Comment

"CARE staff on Ambae Island, Vanuatu monitoring the impact of an 7.8 earthquake. Staff in Port Villa on high ground, can see big wave coming" - 1 hour ago

from their twitter --> http://twitter.com/CAREAustralia/status/4694873232

Comment

• This is just some of the locations for the show Survivor:
                      (Changed Heart I tried to PM this to you as a reply to your ? and was told you storage is full)

Survivor: The Australian Outback

Survivor: Vanuatu - Islands of Fire was set on islands in the archipelago nation of Vanuatu, located in the South Pacific Ocean

Survivor: Palau was set in the island nation of Palau, located in the Philippine Sea.

Survivor: Cook Islands took place on the Cook Islands in the South Pacific Ocean.

Survivor: Fiji the fourteenth season, took place on the island of Fiji in the South Pacific Ocean.

Comment

• ALL TSUNAMI's WARNING and WATCHES CANCELLED!! This just in from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre...

Comment

• Originally posted by mom4Yehoshua View Post
                          You guys, my husband is an atmospheric, oceanic, environmental scientist. He has a lot of education about earthquakes and tsunamis. He said that the instruments used in the USGS facitlies and others, are extremely accurate and up to date. They dispense the information/data in seconds. The "update" is most likely a scientist trying to keep his job, so he/she makes slight modifications. Have ya'll noticed that whenever there is a moderate size quake, there is an intitial and then a new "update"? Just keep in mind, the computers don't make mistakes. The initial is the one I look at, never the second.
                          I'm not quite sure that I understand the implications in this post. Could you pm me to explain? Sorry, just don't want to derail the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by 00.7 View Post
                            ALL TSUNAMI's CANCELLED!!
                            Yep. All warnings and watches canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's 1111 Girl View Post
                              This is just some of the locations for the show Survivor:
                              (Changed Heart I tried to PM this to you as a reply to your ? and was told you storage is full)

Survivor: The Australian Outback

Survivor: Vanuatu - Islands of Fire was set on islands in the archipelago nation of Vanuatu, located in the South Pacific Ocean

Survivor: Palau was set in the island nation of Palau, located in the Philippine Sea.

Survivor: Cook Islands took place on the Cook Islands in the South Pacific Ocean.

Survivor: Fiji the fourteenth season, took place on the island of Fiji in the South Pacific Ocean.
                              That must be why I'm not getting anymore PMs . Need to do some house cleaning, getting cluttered in there lol.
                              Last edited by heart_changed99; October 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM. Reason: not pms!! typo czar strikes again!

Comment

• :runhills
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X