No announcement yet.

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I realize these quakes are not large scale, but their location is what caught my attn.

I've noticed over the past 3 to 6 months, there has been a quake in the same area of Oklahoma about every two weeks.

I looked at www.usgs.gov & three are shown in the last week. The strongest was 4.1.
    The location has been 26 to 45 miles NE of OKC.

I grew up in the Great Plains area, & never remember there being quakes in the states from TX to ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxinblu View Post
      I love the Lord too, but for some reason I can't see the joy in all these deaths and injuries and homeless people and children without parentss. This, to me, is not a reason to celebrate. Just my opionion.
      I also see no joy in all these deaths and injuries. I don't rejoice that people have lost their homes, their businesses and their livelihoods. My heart aches for children who have lost parents, parents who have lost children and for all those who have lost loved ones. We do not rejoice over the losses and the suffering, but we do rejoice that the Lord will soon take us home. We rejoice because some day soon, the Lord will finish setting the stage so that He can and will finally fulfill His promises to His chosen people Israel. We rejoice because all those Who have slandered the Lord and His people will soon learn that just Who the Lord is and they will bow down before Him and they will confess that He is Lord. It breaks my heart that there are so many people who will refuse to humble themselves before the Lord until it's too late. When they finally do so, it will be one of the last things they'll do before they are cast into the Lake of Fire. Now is the time to pray and to share the gospel with anyone you can get to listen, before it's too late.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
      I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

• Regarding the pain and suffering and what it means when we say we rejoice:
        I have this perspective on it.
        While in labor with each of my children my husband was at my side, holding my hand, taking care of me, trying to comfort me, reminding me he was there for me and it would be over soon. He knew I was in extreme discomfort and did all that he could for me. He didn't enjoy seeing me go through such pain.
        He was looking forward to the delivery of each of his children, eagerly awaiting their arrival. That doesn't mean he was insensitive and uncaring of my pain-but he knew it would be over soon with a wonderful result. I'm trying to look at the horrible pain this earth's peoples are suffering that way. The pain for the present is unpleasant and there is nothing, absolutely nothing I or anyone else can do about it but trust in God that He knows what He's doing and we want to see His purposes accomplished.
        The sooner we get through with it the sooner Jesus will come back and wipe every tear away from every eye.
        I understand the concern that we have to be careful how we come across to unbelievers, as if we WANT "all these horrible things to happen to fulfill our Bible prophecies and bring your Jesus back" as I have heard some of the unbelievers accuse. We have to be sensitive to not looking as if we are calloused to the pain people are enduring. It's complicated to try to explain to an unbeliever how we can find any satisfaction in any of these things that are happening.

Comment

• Folks,

You know, I use to get excited at what I felt were "signs", but I have since had a change of heart. What I really wish is that the Lord would come for us right now as oppose to shaking the earth lose. I realize these are things he already said would come, but perhaps more folks will come to faith when they see us Raptured-- as oppose to being in an earthquake.

Right now in Chile folks are looting just like in Haiti, just like in New Orleans, just like during the riots, just like all the times when a crisis occurs-- and they think eyes are not watching. These folks are not somewhere on their knees praying and coming to the Lord. Even 9/11 could not produce the mass revival needed to have many saved before the Rapture.

So I don't rejoice one way or the other. God may well cause half this earth to split before he comes for us. Many more folks are going to die unsaved and not just from disasters. Continued death and destruction affects everyone...not just non-believers.

And BTW, I am the Safety Office at my job, so when our quake strikes I will have to be the last one to leave the office....the first one to provide assistance. But do I worry-- no. If God wants to crumble CA, so be it-- but I would really rather he just say our names, sound the trump and be done with it.

Comment

• I raised the question back on page 4 about whether these quakes are signs that we should step up our efforts to witness to others. Maybe these signs aren't just for the unsaved, but for those of us who are waiting for the Lord.

Sure we see the pictures and videos of the looters, but how many do we not see that are on their knees praying? How many are out there around the world who also see these signs and allow just a bit of curiosity to enter their minds. How many are like the ripe fruit just waiting to be picked?

Maybe this isn't the right thread for these thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Never alone View Post
              I raised the question back on page 4 about whether these quakes are signs that we should step up our efforts to witness to others. Maybe these signs aren't just for the unsaved, but for those of us who are waiting for the Lord.

Sure we see the pictures and videos of the looters, but how many do we not see that are on their knees praying? How many are out there around the world who also see these signs and allow just a bit of curiosity to enter their minds. How many are like the ripe fruit just waiting to be picked?

Maybe this isn't the right thread for these thoughts?
              I think these quakes should litterally be shaking us all awake, the lost for their need for a savior, and us to be faithful and ever mindful that Jesus' coming could happen at any moment. We really should be living everyday as if its our last; witnessing, praying, and leading the lost to Christ.
              Last edited by carlos.c304; March 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: mr typo strikes agin

Comment

• 2 saved from rubble after China quake kills 2000
                The Associated Press - Anita Chang - ‎16 minutes ago‎
                The death toll from the quake in Qinghai province climbed to 1944, the official Xinhua News Agency said Monday. More than 12100 people were hurt

Quake hits central Afghanistan, at least 7 killed
                Washington Post - Bashir Mohammadi, Jonathon Burch - ‎5 hours ago‎
                The quake's epicenter was 190 km (120 miles) northwest of the capital Kabul, at a depth of 10 km (6 miles)

Quake rattles Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic
                The Associated Press - ‎14 hours ago‎
                The quake struck Sunday at 4:16 pm in the Mona Passage separating the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico

Series of small quakes keep rattling Calif. desert
                San Jose Mercury News - ‎9 hours ago‎
                A moderate earthquake and scores of smaller ones have rocked the California desert near the US-Mexico border in an area where a magnitude-7.2 quake slammed ...

6.4-magnitude quake hits Papua New Guinea
                UPI.com - ‎11 hours ago‎
                The quake, whose epicenter was 20 miles east of Lae, struck at 9:15 am Sunday, the US Geological survey said. The National Disaster Center in Guinea in Lae ...

This was just from a google news search this morning.....its like the whole planet is shaking apart....

Comment

• 3 earthquakes 6.0 or more in the last hour, Japan New Zealand, Cuba.

http://twitter.com/#!/breakingnews
                  Japan, New Zealand, Cuba

Comment

• Hmmm I saw that too.
                    sigpic
                    I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

Comment

• I saw that too.... Can't seem to find any tsunami info yet, though.
                      Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

• Originally posted by grace-saved View Post
                        I saw that too.... Can't seem to find any tsunami info yet, though.
                        Here is the link.
                        http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/
                        Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

• Talk about "earthquakes in divers places" . . .

Comment

• http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

Comment

• Uh-oh.
                              "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

Comment

• Guess the Lord doesn't like all these headlines about Palestinian statehood and making a Jew-free state either.

Comment

Working...
                                X