No announcement yet.

Commodities pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for commodities pricing, the commodities market is manipulated by the "big boys" and that's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel1210 View Post
      As for commodities pricing, the commodities market is manipulated by the "big boys" and that's all there is to it.
      Yes it is but let's ask why???
      reduced oil supply hmmm let's go green cap and trade??? hmm tax ownership of other industries?? when Oil went up almost 600% in a 36 month period starting in 2005 so did all the other prices with food and shipping costs meaning household budgets were stretched to meet that need which in turn meant some bills went unpaid... where the budget for a hosuehold took into account the ARM they signed up for in many cases no one saw the oil prices jump as well as food and goods and in turn money saved to pay up on ARM's in that case was redistribueted to accomadate Gas for cars to go to work... now the money put away was no longer there the dominoes tipped and those with ARM's begain to default... not alot at first but again once the dominoes are put into motion the rest start to fall how ever they are layed out.. As more dominoes fell there was some minor cut backs in the markets... Hourly service industry started to see this in cut backs of hours again another dominoe.. then there were lay off in 9-5 jobs meaning more cuts in service as more defaults on home loans happened.... Yes many abused the system which also added to the crisis but the oil and gas went up even further more defaults and hearlding in the need for green technology... Many asked why not drill here in the USA?? well gee that would bring prices down and the green plan would be silenced.. The green plan take control of major industry...So far banks and Major goods like appliances and thier parts, Cars and their parts, and Homes and their parts have dropped through the floor requiring the support of the government in some way. The only thing that surprises me is the telecommunications not being hit yet??? haven't figured out why that haasn't happened yet? but as for food,water and shelter they are the essentials that all require and with no money and no jobs and rising costs this requires more government to take control of more aspects of our lives.. including healthcare as no one has considered the fact that more people without jobs are getting treated with no insurance meaning providers are not being paid meaning a collapse of the healthcare system... Hmmm but had oil not jumped like it had in 2005 and 06 in the spikes none of this would have happened... Again look to the oil commdities brokers and buyers and you will see the manipulation.. now they have made great money in the oil markets it is time to take on many other commodities and drive prices even further higher to create a climate of more governemnt needed controls

Comment

Originally posted by Pendragon View Post
        Hmmm I know that guy out there with a well.. Just hope the cost of the electricity he has to pay isn't so high that he has paid the bill so the pump works..and the governemnt has't siezed it as of yet
        Yes, if it isn't one thing it will be another. We can talk all day about water restrictions and then it will be electric restrictions...

Maybe new technology is the way to go...hook up a couple of solar panels to the well pump, or a wind generator and battery bank and then you don't have to pay the power for the well.

You have to take matters into your own hands creatively, find new solutions and resources. New technology does work, we're proof, it saves money and is reliable. And I don't have Satan in my heart because I'm using solar or wind, you know <boo, hiss> "green technology" We've been using it in one way or another for years now and the money we've saved has helped us to be on track to pay off the house many years early. Criticize all you want, but the technology is there to be independent. There is nothing evil about a solar panel and then you don't have to gripe about any regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Holding Pattern View Post
          Yes, if it isn't one thing it will be another. We can talk all day about water restrictions and then it will be electric restrictions...

Maybe new technology is the way to go...hook up a couple of solar panels to the well pump, or a wind generator and battery bank and then you don't have to pay the power for the well.

You have to take matters into your own hands creatively, find new solutions and resources. New technology does work, we're proof, it saves money and is reliable. And I don't have Satan in my heart because I'm using solar or wind, you know <boo, hiss> "green technology" We've been using it in one way or another for years now and the money we've saved has helped us to be on track to pay off the house many years early. Criticize all you want, but the technology is there to be independent. There is nothing evil about a solar panel and then you don't have to gripe about any regulations.
          So who will be the first genius energy czar to implement a cap and trade tax to recover the losses from improper diversion of solar energy for the benefit of the individual? And that acid in your storage batteries is a toxic accident waiting to happen. Your storage area will have to be approved and inspected on an ongoing basis, and subject to remediation at any time......

Comment

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...821_065859.htm

Commodities August 23, 2009, 7:45PM EST

Commodities August 23, 2009, 7:45PM EST text size: TTSugar Prices Reflect a Commodity Rife with Regulation
            Trade restrictions on sugar by the U.S. and other nations have led to short supplies, doubled prices, and angry American food companies By Esm&#233; E. Deprez
            Lufkin, Tex., a small city north of Houston, has been the home of family-owned Atkinson Candy since 1932. As sugar prices reach highs not seen in almost 30 years, that's about to change.

Sugar accounts for some 60&#37; of the ingredients used to make Atkinson's candies, such as its signature Chick-O-Sticks and Long Boys, says Eric Atkinson, the company's president and the grandson of the founder. Because the U.S. Agriculture Dept. places quotas on the amount of sugar that can be imported, the company has been forced at times to pay double what its international competitors pay. And with U.S. sugar prices nearly doubling so far this year, Atkinson has decided he has no choice but to reincorporate in Guatemala, where he can take advantage of lower, open-market sugar prices.

"There's still equity in 'Made in America,' but costs have been going up precipitously and customers have taken a hard line—they won't accept an increase in prices," says Atkinson. "If it was only about labor I could still be here—it's the price of sugar that we're having to leave for." Atkinson argues that "protectionist" measures intended to aid U.S. sugar growers and producers end up hurting domestic food and confectionery companies. At least 30 workers of his 225-member staff will lose their jobs, Atkinson estimates, as production shifts south. "We've been between this rock and hard place for 25 years," he says. "When you don't let the market control the commodity, this is what happens."

The price of the most active sugar futures contract soared from $11.70 on Oct. 24, 2008, to $22.97 on Aug. 12, 2009. That 96% increase happened much faster than the time it took the price of gasoline in the U.S. to double to more than $4 a gallon last summer
            . This provided new ammunition for American food companies, most of them much larger than Atkinson Candy, that have railed against the Agriculture Dept.'s quota policy for decades. In response to the recent price spikes, a group of large U.S. food companies sent a letter on Aug. 5 imploring Agriculture Secretary Thomas J. Vilsack to boost the sugar quotas. The companies, including Conagra Foods (CAG), General Mills (GIS), Hershey (HSY), and Kraft Foods (KFT), warned that government inaction could lead to higher consumer prices, job cuts, and "distorted" trade patterns.

Comment

within the next week is when these should begin to edge and then steep incline with in a few months later

Comment

Sugar commodities remain on an average increase... Oil I would espect will start to spike fairly quickly with the looming Israel line in the sand and the discovery of extra atomic sites as well as Iraq launching short and mid range if not long range missle tests on monday... If I were an investor even a short in and outer Oil,Gold/presious metals, and Sugar/Grains IE rice wheat and corn.. Why these items... Refugees and food stuffs that will be sent over in the case of I would think would be a motivation for "Betting calls" on the rise of these... this is a very fuild scenerio but as we come closer to the weopon in Iran we also come closer to 200 to 300 dollar oil and food and nessisties will follow which then be prepared for localized looting and fighting and home break ins.. If Israel and or the US make the strike this will be a real nightmare...Look at the green lines on the average remember all food products other then meat and milk have some sort of sugar base.. the only balancing point is the tax on soft drinks and junk food by congress in the works.

http://www.investmenttools.com/futures/softs/

Comment

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
                  2009 11.43 12.59 12.48 12.22 14.95 14.80 16.96 19.14 20.87
                  2008 10.73 11.86 11.69 10.16 9.97 9.52 12.01 12.76 11.65 10.76 11.28 10.57
                  2007 10.55 10.12 9.85 9.24 8.63 8.45 9.24 9.09 9.27 9.74 9.70 9.71
                  2006 14.18 16.55 16.28 16.49 15.46 14.71 14.76 11.52 9.75 10.89 11.31 11.22
                  2005 8.52 8.42 8.52 8.08 8.23 8.67 9.16 9.58 10.10 11.26 11.20 12.86
                  2004 5.70 5.36 6.06 6.25 6.29 6.66 7.77 7.54 7.38 8.56 8.35 8.48
                  2003 7.40 8.40 7.46 7.17 6.68 6.22 6.22 6.29 5.86 5.44 5.30 1.52
                  2002 6.38 5.89 5.78 5.51 5.20 4.99 5.16 5.70 6.07 6.64 6.92 7.17
                  2001 9.58 8.92 7.75 8.08 8.55 8.50 7.93 7.63 6.70 6.15 6.63 6.95
                  2000 5.29 4.65 4.96 5.81 6.40 7.79 8.66 10.35 9.16 9.36 8.73 9.20

A LOOK AT THE HISTORY ON SUGAR LOOK AT THE PAST AND SEE WHERE WE ARE RIGHT NOW

http://tradingeconomics.com/Economic...spx?Symbol=SB1

Comment

http://www.infinitytrading.com/sugar...s_trading.html

Sugar has more than doubled this year, reaching a 28-year high on Sept. 1, as adverse weather limits cane harvests in Brazil and India, the world’s largest producers. Hedge-fund managers and other large speculators increased their net-long position, or bets prices will rise, in New York futures by 14 percent in the two weeks ended Sept. 22.

“We’re still rising on the deficit,” said Jimmy Tintle, an analyst at Transworld Futures in Tampa, Florida. “We’re looking at a short-term rally again. Speculators will take this next rally into November.”

Again still a major factor go to your kitchen and read every label and you will find sugar in just about everything you own and eat.. that Said if sugar goes up as well as the other commdities like oil you will see huge jumps in food prices and possibly most likely other items Infaltion is coming quickly

Comment

So I am watching the Left Behind Movie last week and it just kept running through my mind over and over and over.. Finallly I came to the point I had to post this as it was eriely odd and almost some of what we are seeing pre rapture to what happens... I look up in hope for his coming.. The world seems upside down right now and we sit and wonder what is going on... I have talked about Soros and Friends many times concerning the commodities So in watching the Left Behind Movie the Stonegall and Cotheran Guys kept reminding me of the Soros and Buffet thing..Hence on the first video and the other videos I am posting there is almost what i see them doing...Tell me it is not freaky the similarities at about 6 min on the first video... I am just floored by what is going on in the world and how this parallels so closely to where we are before the rapture...I can only ask you indulge me and pass on the movie to all you know now more then ever it is a great witness to where we are right now in the commodities market things going on in the world and where people maybe if they do not take christ

30 sec. on

The rapture itself

6min.40 sec,

5min 40 on

again 5 min 40 sec on

1min on

from the beginning

Comment

Commodties begin to Soar

Again as the dollar falls the commodities continue to climb... Keep your eyes open as these will effect your pantry and your untilities and ultimately all other areas from travel to mortgages/rent as you will have to budget where the money goes to pay... it is beggining and I fear it will get worse as winter sets in

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Dis...9101165417.xml

LONDON: The price of gold soared to a record high above 1,060 dollars an ounce this week, spurred on by a weakening dollar and doubts about the greenback’s future as the world’s leading reserve currency.

PRECIOUS METALS: The price of gold struck a series of all-time highs this week, beginning on Tuesday, as the dollar slid on a reported plan by Gulf states to stop using the greenback for oil trading.

Gold hit $1,061.52 an ounce on Thursday, beating the all-time peak of $1,032.70 struck in March, 2008. “Gold prices hit an all-time high as the dollar weakened,” said Barclays Capital precious metals analyst Suki Cooper. “The dollar weakness appears to be related to ... (reported) secret talks about oil being priced in a basket of currencies including gold rather than the dollar, which has added to concerns about the future role of the dollar in international financial markets,” she added.

The dollar’s future as the world’s top currency was thrown into doubt on Tuesday as a report said Arab states had launched secret moves with China and Russia to stop using the greenback for oil trading.

Arab states have launched moves with China, Russia, Japan and France to stop using the dollar for oil trades, British daily The Independent reported on Tuesday, but the story was denied by a number of nations. The United Nations meanwhile on Tuesday called for a new global reserve currency to end dollar supremacy, which has allowed the United States the “privilege” of building a huge trade deficit.

Gold, viewed as a safe-haven investment, has won back favour in recent months as the global economy struggles out of its worst slump in decades.

The run-up in gold has been largely driven by weakness in the dollar which makes dollar-priced commodities cheaper for holders of stronger currencies, boosting demand. Gold traditionally wins support from fears about higher inflation because the metal is widely regarded by investors as a safe store of value.

Precious metals consultancy GFMS last month warned that the current upwards trend in gold may not be sustainable should global stimulus packages fail to boost flagging demand in the battered world economy and inflation fall as a result.

The Group of 20 leaders of emerging and developed nations recently agreed at a summit in Pittsburgh not to roll back massive stimulus measures that helped contain a severe global recession.

Gold’s run higher this week meanwhile offered support to other precious metals, with silver hitting a 14-month peak of $17.92 an ounce. Palladium reached the highest point since August, 2008. By late Friday on the London Bullion Market, gold surged to $1,051.50 an ounce from $1,003.50 a week earlier.

Silver jumped to $17.63 an ounce from $16.21. On the London Platinum and Palladium Market, platinum climbed to $1,337 an ounce at the late fixing on Friday from $1,269. Palladium advanced to $323 an ounce from $292.

OIL: World oil prices rallied as the dollar weakened on the report that Gulf states considered dropping the greenback for oil transactions. Prices meanwhile closed up more than two dollars a barrel on Thursday as investors sought refuge in commodities amid a weakening dollar and as economic recovery won a lift in the United States, traders said. Alcoa surprisingly swung into profit in the three months to September 30 after three quarters running of losses, the US aluminium giant announced Wednesday. The company said its net income was $77m or eight cents a share in the quarter ended September, compared with a net loss for the second quarter of $454m or 47 cents per share.

Oil market traders also digested news from the main armed group in southern Nigeria which on Wednesday said it would resume attacks on the oil industry when its ceasefire expires on October 15.

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) dismissed a government amnesty programme as a “charade” and warned it would no longer limit its attacks on pipelines.

Limiting gains on Friday was a report from the International Energy Agency that warned demand for crude was “in the doldrums” and that forecast prices would next year fail to rise much higher compared with current levels. Oil demand is firming but the global market is still weak, trapped in a bull-bear conflict over how a groggy recovery from the global crisis will affect energy consumption next year, the International Energy Agency said. On London’s InterContinental Exchange (ICE), Brent North Sea crude for November advanced to $70.14 a barrel from $67.93 a week earlier.

BASE METALS: Base metals prices rallied, boosted by a falling dollar. Aluminium won additional support on Alcoa’s results, while tin was in focus after a single investor bought up more than 90 percent of the metal traded in London.

A senior industry source said that British hedge fund Ebullio Capital Management had bought more than 90 percent of tin traded on the London Metal Exchange, echoing press reports. A spokesman for Ebullio declined to comment on the matter, which has failed to boost tin prices significantly this week. By Friday on the London Metal Exchange, copper for delivery in three months jumped to $6,260 a tonne from $5,853 a week earlier. Three-month aluminium gained to $1,895 a tonne from $1,812. Three-month lead increased to $2,260 a tonne from $2,100. Three-month tin advanced to $14,700 a tonne from $14,175. Three-month zinc rose to $2,066 a tonne from $1,871. Three-month nickel climbed to $19,053 a tonne from $17,125.

COCOA: Cocoa prices hit the highest level for 24 years for a second week running by reaching 2,185 pounds a tonne on expectations of lower output in leading producer Ivory Coast. By Friday on LIFFE, London’s futures exchange, the price of cocoa for delivery in December jumped to £2,150 a tonne from £1,998 a week earlier. On the New York Board of Trade (NYBOT), the December cocoa contract climbed to $3,248 a tonne from $2,993.

SUGAR: Sugar futures fell, one week after striking 28-year highs of £640.50 a tonne on tight supplies. By Friday on LIFFE, the price of a tonne of white sugar for delivery in December fell to £573 from £614 pounds a week earlier.

GRAINS AND SOYA: Maize, wheat and soya prices all rose. By Friday on the Chicago Board of Trade, maize for delivery in December climbed to $3.69 a bushel from $3.33 a week earlier.

Comment

Please Notice where this is reported from and where the meeting is in relation to the date... Hmm Olympics...Nobel Peace prize... Are we seeing a connection and the dates?

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...5992BJ20091010

Soros aims to invest $1 bln in green tech
                          Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:57pm EDT

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Billionaire George Soros said on Saturday that he would invest $1 billion in clean energy technology as part of an effort to combat climate change.
                          The Hungarian-born U.S. investor also announced he would form and fund a new climate policy initiative with $10 million a year for 10 years.

"Global warming is a political problem," Soros told a meeting of editors in the Danish capital where governments are scheduled to meet in December to try to hammer out a new global climate agreement to replace the 1997 Kyoto Protocol.

"The science is clear, what is less clear is whether world leaders will demonstrate the political will necessary to solve the problem," he said, according to a brief email statement.

His remarks came a day after climate talks in Bangkok ended in deadlock over how much cash should be made available to poorer nations to help them cope with climate change and over the size of rich countries' greenhouse gas emissions cuts.

Soros said he would apply stringent criteria to his investments in clean energy technologies.

"I will look for profitable opportunities, but I will also insist that the investments make a real contribution to solving the problem of climate change," Soros said.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pendragon;1503927]Please Notice where this is reported from and where the meeting is in relation to the date... Hmm Olympics...Nobel Peace prize... Are we seeing a connection and the dates?
                            QUOTE]

Connect the dots for us please...what is it that you are concluding here? Coppenhagen is the NWO headquarters?
                            Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

We should really create a thread for members to share knowledge in creating a more self sustainable home and help one another with how-to's and what to buy etc. We have opportunity right now before prices really get peaking to purchase some items that may help. I live in the rainiest state and can save water in barrels, or create downspout runoff vats where we can atleast boil it for use. Others may not get much rain and need answers and advice. Also growing our own food indoors, outdoors etc would be a great help, Heirloom seeds reproduce, others don't that I know of. Also, ways to save energy or where to purchase solar panels and how to install them etc. Let's create a co-op of knowledge for our brothers and sisters.

Comment

Please keep in mind rule 13 when posting in this thread:

[13] No Liberal Left Wing Political Agendas, Pacifism, Socialism, Tax Dodging, Anti-American Conspiracies, Anti-War Propaganda, or that the United States is Israel or Mystery Babylon. No "Financial Fear and panic" threads stressing America is going down the tubes and Jesus is leaving us stranded. No plotting to overthrow the American government. No Conspiracy theories such as FEMA camps....Practice your faith through prayer trusting God always providing our needs and never forsaking us. Hebrews 13:5 Psalms 37:25
                                Commodity prices overall have been quite flat during this recession. As the recession ends commodity pricing will go up, that's just a normal part of any economic recovery.

Regarding the earlier comments about a well being a "safe" supply of water, don't count on it. That's what the people who live around Canton, TX thought too. Then Ozarka moved in and started drawing down the aquifer to sell bottled water. The level dropped below the well pickups of many local residents. If the water drops below your pickup, then you have no choice but to dig a new well and depending on the depth, that can run thousands of dollars. If water supply becomes a serious issue in the US then I have no doubt the government would tap into the underground supplies and control what people previously thought was their "right". Our goal should not be independence, it should be surrender and dependence on our Savior

Will leave thread open for now, please stay within the rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X