Fire Fire Everywhere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Fire Everywhere

I know that I am not the only person noticing this. But.... there is fire fire everywhere. We had our share here in Colorado, and some are still raging. I don't think there is much left in California that hasn't burned. Washington and Oregon are having fires and very little rain this Summer. And you can add Montana, Utah, Idaho, New Mexico and Arizona to that list BUT... what caught my eye this morning are the fires in Europe. Spain and Portugal are in extreme fire danger.

Areas of our world are burning as never before. I have always looked to climate change as a "cycle". Cycle or not, it is our Lord who controls all. This probably sound cliche, but I do believe these are birth pangs. We need to wake up and look up. Growing up, we never heard of these constant weather disturbances all over the world, and all at once.

Disasters have always been around, but they are getting closer and closer, and on top of each other. It prompts me to read my Word all the more, and ask what the Lord would have of me in these days.
    a Monarchist awaiting
    "The Return of the King"

The worse humanity gets the worse and more frequent these "natural" disasters get it seems.
    sigpic

Comment

There are fires all over Canada as well and they are uncontrollable and spreading. They said the one going in my Province right now was deliberately set.

Comment

A lot of them have probably been deliberately set.
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Anyone look at the Pacific? 4 major hurricanes, and growing. And it isn't even hurricane "season" yet. Perhaps our Lord is trying to get out attention!
          a Monarchist awaiting
          "The Return of the King"

Comment

I think Greece was burning too.

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Believers are watching...God certainly has OUR attention!
              It's those who have not chosen to follow Him who need to recognize Jesus as Lord, and receive Him as savior!
              sigpic
              I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Comment

You know, maybe they shouldn't have named their pagan festival 'burning man'....
                "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Absolutely, it should be clear to any Watchman now....

Review systems manual, activate beacon, prepare to eject........

Comment

I am so glad that I am not the only one to notice that parts of the world that don't get a lot of devastating fires are certainly getting some now. Odd indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                      You know, maybe they shouldn't have named their pagan festival 'burning man'....
                      I just have to clarify that Burning Man isn’t a pagan festival. It is simply an arts festival. Everything must be built on site, and it is one of the better art festivals in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Endtimes77 View Post

I just have to clarify that Burning Man isn’t a pagan festival. It is simply an arts festival. Everything must be built on site, and it is one of the better art festivals in the country.
                        Calling this AC circus "simply an arts festival" is a little lacking in the discernment department IMHO....
                        Somebody literally sacrificed themselves in the fire last year...which is what the historical (druid wicker man) context
                        of it is all about to begin with...human sacrifice! Modern day Baal worship with shade tents!

Comment

Endtimes77, you might want to check out Carl Teichreib. He's a Christian investigative journalist who's covered Burning Man and others like it, and he says it's as pagan and hedonistic as it gets.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion SumSam, but it’s not really needed. I have experienced the arts festival firsthand, and, like most experiences in life, it is whatever you make of it. I can assure both of you that it is most certainly not about “human sacrafice” as you put it. Apparently one guy a couple years ago decided to commit suicide at the festival by throwing himself into a fire. Does that mean that all of the artists that attend are godless pagans that encourage suicide and human sacrafice? {Mod Edit}

Comment

Well, you go out there and set-up a booth, and wander around with tracts and an evangelical mission
                              and then report back on the response you receive......

Meanwhile, I'll keep watching the overwhelming convergence of signs (just like Burning Man!) and for the Blessed Hope!

Comment

Working...
                              X