Hawaii volcano shoots lava into sky; evacuations ordered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii volcano shoots lava into sky; evacuations ordered

HONOLULU (AP) -- Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupted Thursday, sending lava shooting into the air in a residential neighborhood and prompting mandatory evacuation orders for nearby homes.

Hawaii County said steam and lava poured out of a crack in Leilani Estates, which is near the town of Pahoa on the Big Island.

Footage shown on local television showed lava spurting into the sky from a crack in a road. Aerial drone footage showed a line of lava snaking through a forest.

Resident Jeremiah Osuna captured drone footage of the lava burning through the trees, a scene he described as a "curtain of fire."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hawaii-vo...031722985.html

Praying for our brothers and sisters on the big island.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Praying!

Comment

I have been watching this swarm from the beginning and wondered if it was bad news.
      sigpic

Comment

The whole planet is groaning with all of Creation. It's, IMHO, God asking "Can you hear me NOW?"
        sigpic
        Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Amen!!!
          Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Never occurred to me that Kilauea is dead center in the ring of fire....

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...eruptions.html

Comment

They were concerned how it might effect others on the Ring of Fire.
              Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Volcanoes erupting, earthquakes, and just around the corner, June 1 start of hurricane season! Yes Lord, God....I hear you and am praying for Your mercy upon us.

Also Praying for Hawaiis safety This would be terrifying for me if I saw a volcano erupting because I have never seen one up close.

​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Will keep for them. As beautiful as the islands are, I just could not live there, too much uncertainty and volcanic violence and the toxic gases are making the situation terribly dangerous, all so unpredictable.
                  John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

IMHO the prophetic throttle is going to be stuck wide open from this point forward.......

Comment

Yes, I pretty much think we are stuck on wide open too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just reading on the Rapture Ready daily news articles that the volcano is now spewing blocks the size of a microwave oven into the parking lot near the cauldron. Wow! They are saying it could be getting ready to spew even much bigger stuff and more ash over the area. Don't people realize if the ash gets really thick, it will keep vehicles from running? How will they manage to get to airports to get out of there? And, will the planes be affected by ash, too? They may not be able to fly. Then what???? How will they get supplies in and out of the area? I'd be getting off that island for a while if it were me.........

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
                          Just reading on the Rapture Ready daily news articles that the volcano is now spewing blocks the size of a microwave oven into the parking lot near the cauldron. Wow! They are saying it could be getting ready to spew even much bigger stuff and more ash over the area. Don't people realize if the ash gets really thick, it will keep vehicles from running? How will they manage to get to airports to get out of there? And, will the planes be affected by ash, too? They may not be able to fly. Then what???? How will they get supplies in and out of the area? I'd be getting off that island for a while if it were me.........
                          I agree..I'd be evacuating as well. I think ahead, if the officials are telling people to leave the area, I'd leave asap because like you said there will come a time when that won't be possible. Very scary! I would be on my knees praying to God above for His protection!!

Comment

Just read of a volcano eruption in Guatemala today too

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN1IZ0Y7

Comment

Working...
                            X