Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Your Calendar for January 15th, 2017.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    Well let's add to the crazy as the House of USA condemns the UN through a vote.
    I will quote:
    Lawmakers voted 342-80 in favor of the bipartisan non-binding resolution, which declares unwavering support for Israel and insists that the United States reject any future U.N. actions that are similarly "one-sided and anti-Israel."

A visibly angry House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis. opened debate on the resolution by saying that the Obama administration "abandoned our ally Israel when she needed us the most."

"Do not be fooled," Ryan said. "This U.N. Security Council resolution ... was about one thing and one thing only. Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish, democratic state.

"These types of one-sided efforts are designed to isolate and delegitimize Israel. They do not advance peace, they make it more elusive."
    That isn't crazy. That is the first sensible thing I have seen come out of Washington in years. Of course, there is a new Congress, and that may have something to do with it.

Or did you mean stuff like this is crazy:
    "The point of the measure seems to be to bash Obama on the way out," said Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., who along with many other Democrats still voiced strong support for Israel. They said Obama deserved credit for engineering last year's new, long-term security agreement

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
      I will quote:
      That isn't crazy. That is the first sensible thing I have seen come out of Washington in years. Of course, there is a new Congress, and that may have something to do with it.

Let's just say that Obama and the other world leaders do in fact divide Isreal and create a Palestinian state on the 15th. Can congress do anything about it? Can all that really go down in 5 days before Trump/Pence is inaugurated?

Comment

I will quote:

When I said crazy it wasn't meant to include a lack of support for the vote (which it supports israel so yay) but it's continuing the path of political movement right before people leave office.
        Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
          Let's just say that Obama and the other world leaders do in fact divide Isreal and create a Palestinian state on the 15th. Can congress do anything about it? Can all that really go down in 5 days before Trump/Pence is inaugurated?
          On the one hand, they can't really do anything in 5 days, but on the other hand, it is now out of our hands, and unless Trump really puts the hurt on the UN, they will go ahead and partition Israel, eventually, using this as the wedge to divide the land.

When I said crazy it wasn't meant to include a lack of support for the vote (which it supports israel so yay) but it's continuing the path of political movement right before people leave office.
          You do realize that the old Congress is out, and as of Tuesday, a new Congress is now seated. Most people don't realize this, as Congress gets seated about 3 weeks before the Presidential Inauguration.

Comment

You do realize that the old Congress is out, and as of Tuesday, a new Congress is now seated. Most people don't realize this, as Congress gets seated about 3 weeks before the Presidential Inauguration.
            Ahh! I thought they took seat next week! Very interesting and good!

If congress does support this, could it be delayed to not go to Obama?
            Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

All I can say is good riddance to the old Congress and let's pray that the new Congress gets some good things done.

Comment

Israel halts 6M to UN

Good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...VJTnyA5F3w_3:0

“It is unreasonable for Israel to fund bodies that operate against us at the UN,” Israel’s UN ambassador, Danny Danon, said. “The UN must end the absurd reality in which it supports bodies whose sole intent is to spread incitement and anti-Israel propaganda.”

Comment

Ahh! I thought they took seat next week! Very interesting and good!

If congress does support this, could it be delayed to not go to Obama?
                  Since it is a non-binding resolution, it does not need his signature.
                  Unfortunately, it is informative, and has no lawful force.

Comment

Since it is a non-binding resolution, it does not need his signature.
                    Unfortunately, it is informative, and has no lawful force.
                    But the original UN resolution has no lawful force, either, does it?

Comment

That 70 nation thing...here is another article.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/8...p8v1J3LhJ7T.97

Comment

Originally posted by DerRickster View Post
                        That 70 nation thing...here is another article.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/8...p8v1J3LhJ7T.97
                        That's a very interesting article. I wonder if that group of nations can pull off their plan before Mr Trump is inaugurated.
                        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

It would not surprise me at all to see them unilaterally declare a palestinian state . Would a 7 year peace treaty follow? It will be interesting to see what comes from this meeting.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...?client=safari

A Palestinian who may be linked to ISIS rammed his speeding truck into a group of Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem Sunday, killing four people and wounding 15 others before being shot dead in one of the deadliest attacks in a year-long campaign of violence, Israeli police said.

Comment

Originally posted by my2babysmama View Post
                              But the original UN resolution has no lawful force, either, does it?
                              The UN does not operate in the same fashion as the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...cil_resolution
                              Article 25 of the Charter says that "The Members of the United Nations agree to accept and carry out the decisions of the Security Council in accordance with the present Charter".
                              In my understanding: yes, the UN resolution has some legal force, although it is basically used in support of things like giving the 70 nation gathering legitimate power or authority to force Israel to comply with partitioning. Should there be hostilities, and should someone be brought before an "International Court" of some sort, the court is obligated to consider the UN Resolution to be "international law," and it basically makes any resistance to the partitioning of Israel illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                                I wonder if that group of nations can pull off their plan before Mr Trump is inaugurated.
                                I am assuming that's why they are meeting 'before' January 20th, but I don't know if that is truly the reason. Maybe the conference room was booked up and that was the only date it was available.
                                sigpic
                                -Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X