Operation Hanukkah 2014 - Gifts and Moral Support for IDF Soldiers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Hanukkah 2014 - Gifts and Moral Support for IDF Soldiers

Some members here once recommended this organization (Tsahal Pizza) as a good one to patronize when showing support to Israel. I've had a good experience with them, so I'm really glad to have seen that recommendation.

The owner of Tsahal Pizza, Henri Sebbane, is actually in the reserves there in Israel, so during Operation Protective Edge this past summer, he was fighting along side his fellow Israeli soldiers. Besides all this, he also works very hard to gather support from friends of Israel, in order to buy necessities, tools, snacks, pizza, BBQ cookouts, etc for the soldiers. This helps to boost their morale, as many are away from their families, and they often feel like the world is against them. Tsahal Pizza partners with American Friends of Tsahal-Zion and IDF commanders to bring this much needed support to the soldiers.

Tsahal Pizza just sent out brochures in the mail, with news updates, as well as info about supplies needed in the next few weeks. Henri and volunteers will be making visits to the units along the Syrian border to drop off care packages. It gets cold there, so they are putting together winter kits, along with treat boxes and special Hanukkah jelly donuts called "sufganiyah."

They always appreciate word of mouth, so I thought I would post this here, in case anyone is interested in donating one or more of the items. They've got options for Hanukkah donuts, fleece jackets and winter kits (fleece jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) The Home page has options for pizza and goody baskets. This is not a Christian based organization, but it's still a great way to bless Israel by showing their soldiers that they are loved and supported.

This is the link for the winter/Hanukkah supplies they will be needing soon: http://www.tsahal-pizza.com/paypal-d....php?langue=EN

ETA: Please pray for Henri Sebbane and his fellow volunteers, that they would come to know Jesus.
    Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

I agree! Years ago I also saw that post here on rr, and I donated pizza and donuts to Tsahal Piszza, and they sent me an Israeli flag and t-shirt. I love wearing the t-shirt, it says IDF on the front.

Very nice company and not too much spam or anything. I probably only get between 4 and 8 emails a year from this company, just enough and not too many.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Awesome!

Henri is an awesome person with a lovely family. Since being introduced to his co. a few years ago on RR, I have had the privilege of helping to support the IDF through his company. It make you feel like you are an active participant in the defense of Israel, and the "blessing" God commanded us to do. I love seeing the pics of the troops with their new fleece jackets, and holding up their "care packages" and saying thanks in Hebrew.
      I remind Henri frequently that Israel is God's chosen land and where He chose to come to earth. He doesn't comment on those points, but doesn't seem to be offended at the same time.
      I tell him that true Christians pray for all the people, their leaders, and their military, and asked him to convey that to the troops when he sees them.
      I just try to let him know we support them, and to show God's love to him and the troops. I pray for all their salvation before it's too late.
      To see the most recent picture of all the young women soldiers holding up their fleece jackets, was just heart-wrenching. Just knowing they are trying to defend their tiny country against Satan himself, and not knowing Jesus, is just very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by madcat View Post
        To see the most recent picture of all the young women soldiers holding up their fleece jackets, was just heart-wrenching. Just knowing they are trying to defend their tiny country against Satan himself, and not knowing Jesus, is just very sad.
        It is very sad. The best we can do is love and pray for them. I don't think I saw that photo. Was it in an email or on the internet? I'd love to see it if you know where it is.
        Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

Working...
        X