X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division of Israel Coming under attack next Year

One-fifth of incoming UN Security Council has no ties with Israel

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Pol...-Israel-379256

Israel is losing a good friend on the council with the exit of Australia.

The United Nations, in an annual exercise, voted in five countries last week to begin serving two-year stints on the Security Council, beginning on January 1. Although there was some good news for Israel in the results, most of it was bad.

The good news is that the Turkey of Israel-bashing President Recep Tayyip Erdogan failed in its bid for one of the five rotating, non-permanent seats, losing in balloting to Spain. The bad news is that of the five new members, two of them – Venezuela and Malaysia – do not even have diplomatic relations with Israel.

What that means is that when the members of the new council take their seats in January for a year in which Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is likely to make the Israeli-Palestinian conflict a major agenda item on the council’s schedule, fully 20 percent of the 15-member body are so hostile to Israel as to refuse to have diplomatic relations. (Venezuela and Malaysia will be joining Chad – which still has another year to serve on the council – in this dubious distinction.) In 2011, when the Palestinians tried unsuccessfully to secure the nine votes on the council needed to gain membership as a UN state, only one of the 15 countries – Lebanon – did not have ties with Israel.

Even if the Palestinians do get nine votes, the US can – and probably will – use its veto to quell the type of resolution that the Palestinians are now considering: calling for a strict timetable for a full Israeli withdrawal to the 1967 lines if an agreement is not reached within a year. But not only does Washington not want to have to use this veto – which would seemingly pit it against the opinion of the world – but Israel does not want to put the US in the position of having to do so.

The Palestinians are likely to wait until the new Security Council to push through their measure, because the incoming class is considerably more favorably inclined to them than the outgoing one.

In addition to the five permanent, veto-wielding members of the Security Council – the US, China, Russia, France and Britain – the outgoing, 2014 council includes Lithuania, Chile, Jordan, Chad, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Korea, Argentina, Australia and Luxembourg.

The last five countries will be replaced in January, with Rwanda being replaced by Angola, South Korea by Malaysia, Argentina by Venezuela, Australia by New Zealand, and Luxembourg by Spain.

Israel is losing a good friend on the council with the exit of Australia.

More at link..

"3Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident."

Psalm 27:3

I have a question...isn't it Biblical that Israel will never be divided again, or am I wrong? I'm not sure about this teaching.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

Divison---and meaning

Division, under this case is that it is losing support as a Nation from the fact that Aussy will be withdrawing, not land will be divided

This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:22-24 NIV)

Comment

The "1967 borders" fuss is all about dividing Israel's land. In that arrangement, half of Jerusalem would go to the "Palestinians".

Comment

Do you think that the United States - under the governance of Barack Obama - would veto a UN resolution to effectively dissolve the state of Israel? I'm not sure. I think BO would sit on his hands and refuse to even look at the papers.

This just might set the stage for the Ezekiel 38 war. Israel would end up at war with most of the UN if this were to happen.

Comment

Hello All,

A couple of scriptures to support a possible future Palestinian state and Jerusalem being divided. If this happens, I personally doubt that Israel will actually agree to a Palestinian state. In my mind the scriptures seem to indicate that it will be forced upon them. Time will tell.

Zechariah 14:2

2. For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city.

Joel 3:2

2. I will gather all the nations
            And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat.
            Then I will enter into judgment with them there
            On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel,
            Whom they have scattered among the nations;
            And they have divided up My land.

Luke 21:20

20."But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near.

Mathew 24:15-16

15. "Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
            16. then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.

Dan 11:39

39. Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.”

Revelation 11:1-2

1. Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, "Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.
            2. "Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.

milo3

Comment

Update: Palestinians to ask U.N. Security Council to end Israeli occupation

Hold on to your hats, it's getting very interesting.

RAMALLAH, Palestine: The Palestinians are to present a draft resolution to the United Nations Security Council Wednesday that would set a two-year deadline for Israel to end its occupation, an official said.

“The Palestinian leadership took a decision to go to the Security Council next Wednesday to vote on their project to end the occupation,” senior Palestine Liberation Organisation member Wassel Abu Yussef told AFP Sunday after a meeting in Ramallah.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry declined to comment ahead of Monday’s meeting in Rome between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.

Kerry arrived in Italy Sunday amid a European-led drive to push moves toward Palestinian statehood, with U.S. officials saying he sought to learn more about the European position.

After Netanyahu called snap elections for March, some Europeans have pointed to a narrow window of opportunity to push a Palestinian resolution at the Security Council.

In the past the United States has consistently used its U.N. veto power to block moves it sees as anti-Israel, but U.S. officials said they drew a distinction between a unilateral step, and an effort to draw up a multilateral resolution at the U.N. Security Council, which would have the backing of many nations.

More at the link below....

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...ccupation.ashx

Comment

I will be surprised

if "O" doesn't vote for it....it is something he obviously wants. He hates Israel and the US.

I can even see him making an executive order so 'we' Americans cannot provide military support when the nations come against her.

If all what a president has to do is an 'executive order' for everything then how is there a balance of power?

Yep, with this resolution hell will indeed be let loose...........

Comment

Originally posted by M4EVERHIS View Post
                  if "O" doesn't vote for it....it is something he obviously wants. He hates Israel and the US.

I can even see him making an executive order so 'we' Americans cannot provide military support when the nations come against her.

If all what a president has to do is an 'executive order' for everything then how is there a balance of power?

Yep, with this resolution hell will indeed be let loose...........
                  Yep. I can see that happening.
                  1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

They can vote in 24 hours

I read where there can be a vote on this on 24 hours. Which could be today -- December 18. I have looked for any updates on Google and have not found any yet. Can someone post updates when you find them on this. THIS IS HUGE !

May God protect Israel.
                    MARANATHA!

Comment

I think if it comes to ,the UN will expect Israel to take care of the palistinians as they are doing now .I know one thing and that is that they are evil .

Comment

No Opposition from the US ?

I think this time it is different because there doesnt seem to be any opposition from the US on this resolution...

Jesus come soon !!
                        MARANATHA!

Comment

Its a gimmick

Israels foregin minister is saying its a gimmick. Latest that I can find on it.
                          MARANATHA!

Comment

The US has said it won't support the resolution and will use veto power. Not sure I believe that, but we'll see what happens.
                            What a wonderful day it will be when we hear the trumpet blasts!!

Comment

Working...
                            X