X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous map!

Originally posted by FrankBeMe View Post
    The one I could never figure out was Gomer and how many prophecy writers identified it with Germany.
    I just finished The Ezekiel Option by Joel Rosenberg and here's his take on that (as explained by the character in the book, Dr. Mordechai):

We know from Genesis 10 that Gomer---like Magog, Meschech, and Tubal---was a son of Japheth, which puts them all into one big, violent clan. Josephus writers that 'Gomer founded those whom the Greeks now call Galatians, but were then called Gomerites.' Galatia, of course, is in modern-day Turkey. But there's evidence that some of the Gomerites drifted northward over the centuries...

Voltaire...believed Gomer migrated to France and Spain. That may be partly true, but I believe most of Gomer's tribe headed northward into Europe. Genesis 10 identifies one of Gomer's sons as Ashkenaz. We know for certain that the Ashkenazi people migrated to central and northern Europe, where they lived in the Rhineland Valley and the region we now know as Germany and Austria. In fact, Israelis actually call European Jews---specifically those from Germany---Ashkenazis, to distinguish them from Sephardic Jews who come from Spain, North Africa, and the Middle East. (p. 243)
    Joel also notes that the Talmud states Gomer to be the Germani (Germans).

Info about Ashkenazi Jews:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews
    The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Comment

ron4jesus thanks alot! I know the all these facts, but having a map ( for my family to see in the Biblical aspect ) is a much better tool!
      John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Comment

Awesome Map!!!
        Wow.. that is quite a visual,, no wonder the Lord will have to step in, otherwise Israel would be obliterated.

Comment

well, now it makes sense that evil from all 4 corners of the earth will go there.

They're literally surrounded!

Comment

Egypt ?!

I wonder why Egypt is not mentioned / included in this alliance. To get to Israel from Libya or Ethiopia / Sudan you MUST go through Egypt ?!!

Any ideas ?

Comment

Whenever I read a book that includes anything about Gog/Magog, I add the author's list of countries that will attack Israel to a spread sheet. There are lot's of variations in which countries are believed to make up the coalition. Russia and Iran are gimmes... most include Libya but I believe Arnold Fruchtenbaum is adamant about saying Libya won't be involved... most include Turkey, Ethiopia and/or Sudan, some include Germany/Austria as gomer, which I think is fitting given the history of the world and how those peoples have exercised some of the most extreme antisemitism.

We'll see, I guess, either from here or from heaven depending upon the timing of our rapture in relation to Gog/Magog.
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

great map thank you

Comment

I can understand where many might think about Germany/Austria being one of the countries to attack Israel.

Anti-Semitizm is at an all time high in Germany right now.

http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-urban-f04.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken5516 View Post
                    I can understand where many might think about Germany/Austria being one of the countries to attack Israel.

Der Führer would be so proud.

Comment

Is Egypt one of the "many people with thee" meaning one of those who aligns itself with Russia and attacks along side them?

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                        I wonder why Egypt is not mentioned / included in this alliance. To get to Israel from Libya or Ethiopia / Sudan you MUST go through Egypt ?!!

Any ideas ?
                        Quite true.

Iraq isn't mentioned either, even as Babylon. Somehow Egypt and Iraq won't be involved in this. How? Hard to figure.......God knows what He's doing, we just have to trust.

Comment

Originally posted by EndIsNear View Post
                          Der Führer would be so proud.
                          satan is just continuing where he left off with Hitler, same m.o.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken5516 View Post

http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-urban-f04.htm
                            in Germany? wow.this is terrible.yup,der fuhrer would be proud.

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                            satan is just continuing where he left off with Hitler, same m.o.
                            yep,fraid' so
                            Last edited by Buzzardhut; May 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM.
                            In God I Trust

Comment

I like Jack Van Impe's map. although it seems absurd that the peaceful Kazakhs would be Magog who leads the attack
                              Last edited by impigpen2; December 10th, 2008, 09:39 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Great map!

Question....why doesn't Jerusalem have any star showing it is the Israeli capital?

Comment

Working...
                                X