Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is the temple mount to the 'Palestinians'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is the temple mount to the 'Palestinians'?

This video will prove it as if we didn't already know...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU9Ca...eature=related

'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.' PSALM 12:5.

The Palestinian Arabs (how they should be referred to) make the fight for Jerusalem sole so Jews (and Christians) cannot have their most sacred city. Everything and everyone must be subordinate to Islam according to the Qu'ran and the Hadith.

This is partly why the commonly accepted and modern theology on end time doctrine is incorrect, THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER JEWISH TEMPLE BUILT ON THE HOLY SITE, as long as Muslims have breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Springburst View Post
      The Palestinian Arabs (how they should be referred to) make the fight for Jerusalem sole so Jews (and Christians) cannot have their most sacred city. Everything and everyone must be subordinate to Islam according to the Qu'ran and the Hadith.

This is partly why the commonly accepted and modern theology on end time doctrine is incorrect, THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER JEWISH TEMPLE BUILT ON THE HOLY SITE, as long as Muslims have breath.
      If you are implying that the temple will not be built until all of Islam is eradicated I would disagree. Though it is no easy task to build a temple while Muslims fight against it, Muslims do not have our God of wonders on their side. There will be a new temple, and it is very likely that there will be plenty of Muslims who will not want that but they cannot stop prophecy.
      John 15:13
      "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

1 John 4:16
      "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

Comment

Originally posted by Nate928 View Post
        If you are implying that the temple will not be built until all of Islam is eradicated I would disagree. Though it is no easy task to build a temple while Muslims fight against it, Muslims do not have our God of wonders on their side. There will be a new temple, and it is very likely that there will be plenty of Muslims who will not want that but they cannot stop prophecy.

Comment

I didn't say the temple would not be built SOLELY for the reason of the Muslims, I said:

This is partly why the commonly accepted and modern theology on end time doctrine is incorrect,

Your response would indeed be correct if your interpretation of end time doctrine regarding this matter was correct, but if it isn't, then our all-powerful God with whom nothing is impossible, will NOT be involved in building a third temple.

If you cannot concede that your interpretation of scripture may be faulty, then I cannot speak further on the matter.

Additionally, this line of investigation is subsequent to my main point of answer to the OP's original question:
          Which I believe is an accurate response

Comment

I didn't say the temple would not be built SOLELY for the reason of the Muslims, I said:

Your response would indeed be correct if your interpretation of end time doctrine regarding this matter was correct, but if it isn't, then our all-powerful God with whom nothing is impossible, will NOT be involved in building a third temple.

If you cannot concede that your interpretation of scripture may be faulty, then I cannot speak further on the matter.

Additionally, this line of investigation is subsequent to my main point of answer to the OP's original question:

Which I believe is an accurate response
            Hey I never said I was a bible scholar, I'm learning just like everyone else is no need to jump the gun so quickly brother, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong about something when I am proven I'm wrong. Please explain, are you saying you do not believe the temple will be rebuilt? It is the general consensus of this board that we believe there is going to be a literal rebuilding of the temple just as scripture says it will.
            "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

Comment

Hey I never said I was a bible scholar, I'm learning just like everyone else is no need to jump the gun so quickly brother, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong about something when I am proven I'm wrong.
              There is no jumping of guns and no 'stressing out' on my part, I'm as calm as a gentle breeze

I do apologise that my 'matter of fact' way of posting, can be seen as me being 'short' (not in stature LOL), it's not that at all, I'm just getting down to the point which unfortunately is my nature.

are you saying you do not believe the temple will be rebuilt?
              Let me say it this way, what scripture can you put forth that EXPLICITLY describes the building of a third temple?

Again, sorry for my abrupt nature.

Comment

Hope this helps! Again I would like to say these are not just my thoughts or my own findings. Rapture Ready holds that there will be a third temple and it is essential to end time prophecy and I believe even the millenial kingdom.

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1665...+jewish+temple
                The above link has some good info on this if you read it all the way through.

http://www.gotquestions.org/seventy-sevens.html
                The above link is an explanation of Daniel's prophecy. The 70 weeks of Daniel are nearly complete only that it needs the last 7 years (the tribulation). The seven years cannot come about until the temple is rebuilt and the antichrist signs a covenant with them.

In the explanation below, the antichrist is described as desecrating the temple which is where he will profess himself to be God which in pretty sure begins the great tribulation. It shows that there is a literal temple that will be rebuilt for this to happen.

http://www.gotquestions.org/abomination-desolation.html

The phrase “abomination of desolation” refers to Matthew 24:15 (KJV): “So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand.” This is referring to Daniel 9:27,“He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.” In 167 B.C. a Greek ruler by the name of Antiochus Epiphanies set up an altar to Zeus over the altar of burnt offerings in the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. He also sacrificed a pig on the altar in the Temple in Jerusalem. This event is known as the abomination of desolation.

In Matthew 24:15,Jesus was speaking some 200 years after the abomination of desolation described above had already occurred. So, Jesus must have been prophesying that some time in the future another abomination of desolation would occur in a Jewish temple in Jerusalem. Most Bible prophecy interpreters believe that Jesus was referring to the Antichrist who will do something very similar to what Antiochus Epiphanies did. This is confirmed by the fact that some of what Daniel prophesied in Daniel 9:27 did not occur in 167 B.C. with Antiochus Epiphanies. Antiochus did not confirm a covenant with Israel for seven years. It is the Antichrist who, in the end times, will establish a covenant with Israel for seven years and then break it by doing something similar to the abomination of desolation in the Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

Whatever the future abomination of desolation is, it will leave no doubt in anyone’s mind that the one perpetrating it is the person known as the Antichrist. Revelation 13:14 describes him making some kind of image which all are forced to worship. Turning the temple of the living God into a place of worship for the Antichrist is truly an “abomination.” Those who are alive and remain during the tribulation should be watchful and recognize that this event is the beginning of 3 1/2 years of the worst of the tribulation period and that the return of the Lord Jesus is imminent. “Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man” (Luke 21:36).

Comment

What about the abomination of desolation? Where is the AC standing when he makes the claim that he is God? I don't think there is a verse explicit to the building of the temple, but don't Daniel 9:27 and Matthew 24:15, among others, imply a third temple beyond the one Antiochus Epiphanes desecrated in 170 BC? IMO, "And he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week" in Daniel separates the instance described from the pig sacrifice desolation that occurred earlier. That temple was destroyed 70 AD, right?

I may not be following the question, but there has to be a third temple for the AC to stand in. For which plans are right now in the works, right? Priests trained, bulls bred? Am I confused?

eta: What Nate said.

Comment

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER JEWISH TEMPLE BUILT ON THE HOLY SITE, as long as Muslims have breath.
                    Two things -

First, typing in all CAPS denotes shouting and is hard to read.

Second, there will be a third temple built. Please do spend the time necessary to review the information linked to in the posts above.
                    sigpic
                    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
                      What about the abomination of desolation? Where is the AC standing when he makes the claim that he is God? I don't think there is a verse explicit to the building of the temple, but don't Daniel 9:27 and Matthew 24:15, among others, imply a third temple beyond the one Antiochus Epiphanes desecrated in 170 BC? IMO, "And he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week" in Daniel separates the instance described from the pig sacrifice desolation that occurred earlier. That temple was destroyed 70 AD, right?

I may not be following the question, but there has to be a third temple for the AC to stand in. For which plans are right now in the works, right? Priests trained, bulls bred? Am I confused?

Yes, and what Nate said too.
                      "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                        Second, there will be a third temple built. Please do spend the time necessary to review the information linked to in the posts above.
                        I've studied these things for years and it's a presumption on your part I haven't already. I will simply say that you will not find any explicit bible reference to a third temple being built on the holy site in Jerusalem, and certainly not one that will be sanctioned by God.

I know about all these references that imply a 3rd temple, but that implication is only necessary (indeed required), if you have a certain end time theology.

It's obvious that the majority here on RR support this modern theology to which I do not subscribe, and so I feel objective discussion
                        is probably out of reach given previous responses, so I'll stop here.

I'd like to extend my apologies also to tbrian40, the OPer, as this thread has no gone off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post

This makes sense only if there is one person who is the anti-christ, and that is not in the scriptures. I am aware modern translations can make it seem otherwise, but if you look for the term 'anti christ' you will only find a total of 3 references in the entire Bible, and all are found in Epistle of John, and in each case it is never referring to a single individual.

Comment

It's obvious that the majority here on RR support this modern theology to which I do not subscribe, and so I feel objective discussion is probably out of reach given previous responses, so I'll stop here.
                            So why then are you here?

BTW - Objective discussion is possible - it takes all parties.
                            sigpic

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

This makes sense only if there is one person who is the anti-christ, and that is not in the scriptures. I am aware modern translations can make it seem otherwise, but if you look for the term 'anti christ' you will only find a total of 3 references in the entire Bible, and all are found in Epistle of John, and in each case it is never referring to a single individual.
                              There are many "types" of anti-christ and have been throughout history.

During the Trib there will be only one.

Not very many of us rely solely on modern Biblical translations.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X