No announcement yet.

God divorced Israel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, cutting to the chase: I believe God didn't divorce the whole people, He left the relationship open for the sake of the remnant (faithful/believers) and for the sake of His Name.

I'm not HR!
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
      Okay, cutting to the chase: I believe God didn't divorce the whole people, He left the relationship open for the sake of the remnant (faithful/believers) and for the sake of His Name.

I'm not HR!
      You're not HR but I think Fru opens the door to it with his speculations, just another reason why I'm not a fan of his book.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
      Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
      Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
        You're not HR but I think Fru opens the door to it with his speculations, just another reason why I'm not a fan of his book.
        I know.

But I almost had a Fred Sandford-type heart attack, "This is the big one, I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth!..."
        "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Comment

I know.

But I almost had a Fred Sandford-type heart attack, "This is the big one, I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth!..."
          My posts were to TT; I don't believe he is HR either, just a fan of Fru, which is not bad but needs to be taken in with caution.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

First, what is HR?

Secondly, if God hates divorice then why did He divorice Israel? Are you sure that divorice is what actually happened?
            For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

My posts were to TT; I don't believe he is HR either, just a fan of Fru, which is not bad but needs to be taken in with caution.
              I was trying to lighten it up a bit.

I think the Fruch is brilliant on some things but downright crazy on others.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
                First, what is HR?

Secondly, if God hates divorice then why did He divorice Israel? Are you sure that divorice is what actually happened?
                Hebrew Roots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Roots
                (2 House - that God has 2 groups of believers; those who keep the law of Judaism - the Judaisers, and the church)

I don't think God got divorced like Newt, but He did remove His favoritism for the Jews when they went apostate and constructed a religion of works too small for God.

Comment

First, what is HR?
                  Hebrew Roots. They're cult-y messes.

Yeah, to me this is problematic. He does hate divorce yet He allows it for adultery (or if the unbelieving spouse wants to leave because the other is a believer.) So there is legal justification for it, some say.

No, personally I do not believe the statement "God divorced Israel" is correct either in fact or in spirit. I believe (it's clear to me) that He left the relationship open for the sake of the remnant. There has always been a remnant who believed in Him, it was never a majority.

ETA: Agree with Buzz on God removing His favoritism while He concentrated on building His Church.

Comment

Hebrew Roots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Roots
                    (2 House - that God has 2 groups of believers; those who keep the law of Judaism - the Judaisers, and the church)

I don't think God got divorced like Newt, but He did remove His favoritism for the Jews when they went apostate and constructed a religion of works too small for God.
                    I'm with you. Wouldnt God be setting a bad precedent if He got divorced?
                    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

I'm with you. Wouldnt God be setting a bad precedent if He got divorced?

Here's what Paul says and it references God's remnant (notice refers to himself as an Israelite though from the tribe of Judah):

1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
                      Romans 11

Comment

Hebrew Roots. They're cult-y messes.

Yeah, to me this is problematic. He does hate divorce yet He allows it for adultery (or if the unbelieving spouse wants to leave because the other is a believer.) So there is legal justification for it, some say.

No, personally I do not believe the statement "God divorced Israel" is correct either in fact or in spirit. I believe (it's clear to me) that He left the relationship open for the sake of the remnant. There has always been a remnant who believed in Him, it was never a majority.

ETA: Agree with Buzz on God removing His favoritism while He concentrated on building His Church.
                        Always been a seed - bloodline , a thread, a faithful remnant.

The first team - The Jews, were benched, and the second team- the scrubs, were sent in. The scrubs will be raptured and the first team will be sent back in the last quarter for sudden death.

Comment

Always been a seed - bloodline , a thread, a faithful remnant.
                          I like how Paul describes it in Romans 11 above. God is about the remnant, wanting the rest to repent and be part of His family, be grafted back in.

Comment

Why not simply look at Jewish traditions on a divorce(and documentation)?

From wiki:

(a GET is the legal document pertaining to a divorce)

A get must be given of the free will of the husband; however, consent of the wife is not Biblically mandated (nevertheless, Ashkenazic tradition provides that a husband may not divorce his wife without her consent). A get may not be given out of fear of any obligation either party undertook to fulfill in a separation agreement. Such an agreement may provide for matters such as custody of the children and their maintenance, and property settlement. But either party may withdraw from such an agreement, on the question of the dissolution of the marriage only, if they can satisfy the court of a genuine desire to restore matrimonial harmony. In such a situation all the recognised matrimonial obligations continue to apply. On the other hand, pecuniary conditions stipulated by the parties in the separation agreement would still be valid and enforceable, though the marriage state continues to exist.

The last few sentences might clear some things up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_(divorce_document)

Comment

Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
                              Why not simply look at Jewish traditions on a divorce(and documentation)?
                              But why look? We have scripture Romans 11:1-5 2nd Peter 3:9 God separated from the nation of Israel but not the remnant of Israel.

God has now given birth to Israel again (1948) to use her again as a stumbling stone to other nations that God is in control, not the other nations.

A faithful remnant of Israel will be saved at Jesus' second coming.

Comment

But why look?
                                for perspective, i thought. i don't know enough about HR to know when i'm treading too close to a line. so i hope my confusion over this isn't a real issue so far as i have been trying to mentally digest this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X