Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most recent significant end time prophetic development?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, if I have to choose one, I'd have to say that the Syria/Assad thing was the most troubling to me.
    With "all their missiles" pointed at Tel Aviv, this can't be good.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

For me the most significant thing to happen in the last few weeks was Israels response to Assad's threat of destroying Tel Aviv. Israel said with that first Missile strike they would destroy Damascus, And with every missile that falls after that another Syrian city would fall. All signs being Equal Damascus falling would be to me be one of those stop, drop, and Pray moments! A powerful sign (Isaiah 17) and one that My father warned me to look out for way back in the late 70ties.
      CG

Comment

I would say the recent Palestinian bid for independence at the UN is the most significant prophetic event since 1948. This involves splitting the land of Israel if it goes ahead. God wont be happy with that!!
        Just because there hasnt been a vote yet doesnt mean it wont go away. The Quartet have given Israel and the Palestinians until the end of 2012 (not that long really) to reach a peace deal. Believe me Israel will come under pressure as never before. This is the one to watch

Comment

A through D all presume "future threats in the making," that have not yet come to fruition to personally affect an individual. Only the Watchmen seem to be watching and understanding. None of the A-D subjects would get the attention of people in "my little world" who stand mindlessly on the railroad tracks to wait for a train. People (as many as 98% in the U.S., perhaps?) are most likely to respond with, "So what? or "We've heard all that before."

If 4 million lives in Damascus were destroyed in a single event, you could then point people to where in the Bible that was prophesied to happen in the End Times. But still, people who you are witnessing to could easily say that was only a single event and profess "lucky guess."

Simultaneous global economic collapse will personally affect everyone. Mankind will be crying out for answers. It would be easy to reference that event to Bible prophecies (with multiple supporting dots on both sides of the event), especially how we reached that point not only in prophecies but by matching them up with actual historical news events.

If one is post-event witnessing, B is a maybe, but D would be most likely to grab the "worlds" attention and open witnessing opportunities.

We have now reached the point where A through D PLUS the Rapture could all occur within the same 24 hour period. When you see the first event above fully birthed, it's time to abandon all earthly things and witness really, really, really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by bleatingsheep View Post
            I would say the recent Palestinian bid for independence at the UN is the most significant prophetic event since 1948. This involves splitting the land of Israel if it goes ahead. God wont be happy with that!!
            Just because there hasnt been a vote yet doesnt mean it wont go away. The Quartet have given Israel and the Palestinians until the end of 2012 (not that long really) to reach a peace deal. Believe me Israel will come under pressure as never before. This is the one to watch
            if i cant vote for 1948, the this one gets my vote. ^^
            For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Thanks for a well thought out response Homesick777. Personally I think we will depart via the rapture prior to the full unfolding of Damascus destruction and also the total global economic collapse and certainly gog-magog. My thinking centers on two of Jesus' statements about coming back as a thief in the night and as in the days of Noah. (indicating both surprise and business as usual) I think it will be relative calm before our departure so I think the world only gets to see the signs Jesus talked about in Matthew 24 the Olivet discourse and what leads up to Revelation 6 which will only be the stage setting that we see now. I personally believe the rapture will be the "tipping point" that launches the full unfolding of Isaiah 17, Ezekeil 38-39, Revelation 6 and Matthew 24. Those wars are all about Israel and the Jews and I think they fit best in the 70th week and not the church age.

I think the best witnessing tool is probably the combination of all the events together but if I had to pick one it would be the global economy melt down. Here in America not 2-3 years ago we could never have imagined the downfall of the greatest country to ever exist. Now it seems an almost certainty with our debt and incompetent leadership. People are fearful.

I think we are going home soon. All of these table setting events all occcuring at the same time is simply overwhelming me with wonderment and awe. We serve an amazing God!

Maranatha!
              Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

B is very recent & points us to Damascus a ruinous heap in Isaiah 17:1 & a major significant event is also the UN division of God's land. I that the rapture is soon to happen on God's timetable.
                sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Originally posted by WVBORN56 View Post
                  Thanks for a well thought out response Homesick777. Personally I think we will depart via the rapture prior to the full unfolding of Damascus destruction and also the total global economic collapse and certainly gog-magog. My thinking centers on two of Jesus' statements about coming back as a thief in the night and as in the days of Noah. (indicating both surprise and business as usual) I think it will be relative calm before our departure so I think the world only gets to see the signs Jesus talked about in Matthew 24 the Olivet discourse and what leads up to Revelation 6 which will only be the stage setting that we see now. I personally believe the rapture will be the "tipping point" that launches the full unfolding of Isaiah 17, Ezekeil 38-39, Revelation 6 and Matthew 24. Those wars are all about Israel and the Jews and I think they fit best in the 70th week and not the church age.
                  Very much in agreement. I have only recently come to realize that the Rapture is THE tipping point that literally splits time in half, not a war nor geopolitical or economic event. A truly signless event. Just business as usual and blue skies right up to the nanosecond before the Rapture immediately followed by nothing but constant shock and awe for 84 months starting with the search for hundreds of millions of missing people.

Comment

Working...
                  X