This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
    ISRAEL values human life one thousand times more than their enemies.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
      1 for a 1000. Don't seem like a very good trade does it.

What about next time, 1 for 2000
      Actually considering the skill of 1 Jewish soldier vs your typical palestinian terrorist I'd say Israel got a fantastic deal. No, I'm not kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertB View Post
        It wasn't a good deal/trade and no one knows that more than most of Israel, but there were no other options as many officials have noted. Shalit needed to be freed, aside from the inhumane and illegal captivity, to "clear the decks," so to speak, as far as future action against Iran is concerned. Israel now is free to act against Iran without worrying about or knowing that Shalit would be killed, after any Israeli action. And, that "might be" why Israel threw in the towel on the extortionary trade/swap at this point in time. The most important thing now is for Israel to try to insure that this incident doesn't happen again. The Moslo-thugs are now emboldened by bringing Israel to its knees and have plainly stated that they are going to try to capture more soldiers. Israel needs to be extremely vigilant, lest this happen again.
        I'll bet to Mr. Shalit's family, it was a perfect deal. God bless them.

Comment

It's wonderful to hear he will finally be coming home. This whole mess was heart-breaking, and who knows what awful things he was subjected to? We need to pray for him, that he recovers from this ordeal. As well as pray for the salvation of him and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
            ISRAEL values human life one thousand times more than their enemies.
            And there's a well-known Jewish saying, "Whosoever saves a single life, saves an entire universe". That life is so precious and each individual is so valuable is very deeply rooted in them.

The Talmud asks why the human race was created as a single human being, as opposed to creating many people at once (like the animals which were created en masse1 )?

This teaches us that just as Adam was created in the beginning, and he was the entire human population of the world, likewise we need to look at each individual as if he/she were the entire population of the world. Therefore, when you save one life it is as if you saved the entire world.

Talmud, Sanhedrin 37a states:

"FOR THIS REASON WAS MAN CREATED ALONE, TO TEACH THEE THAT WHOSOEVER DESTROYS A SINGLE SOUL... SCRIPTURE IMPUTES [GUILT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD DESTROYED A COMPLETE WORLD; AND WHOSOEVER PRESERVES A SINGLE SOUL..., SCRIPTURE ASCRIBES [MERIT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD PRESERVED A COMPLETE WORLD."
            http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/1...originate.html
            "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

It wasn't a good deal/trade and no one knows that more than most of Israel, but there were no other options as many officials have noted. Shalit needed to be freed, aside from the inhumane and illegal captivity, to "clear the decks," so to speak, as far as future action against Iran is concerned. Israel now is free to act against Iran without worrying about or knowing that Shalit would be killed, after any Israeli action. And, that "might be" why Israel threw in the towel on the extortionary trade/swap at this point in time. The most important thing now is for Israel to try to insure that this incident doesn't happen again. The Moslo-thugs are now emboldened by bringing Israel to its knees and have plainly stated that they are going to try to capture more soldiers. Israel needs to be extremely vigilant, lest this happen again.
              Very interesting thoughts here. Maybe against Gaza too, as that's where Gilad Shalit has been imprisoned.
              "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                Very interesting thoughts here. Maybe against Gaza too, as that's where Gilad Shalit has been imprisoned.
                Yes, Iran, Gaza, possibly south Lebanon, as well as several other possible arenas where Israel could be engaged soon, thus possibly eliminating the chance of getting Shalit back alive. I believe Israel strongly suspects something is going to go down reasonably soon, whether they initiate it or whether the Moslems do, thus their swallowing the bitter pill on the swap.

Comment

Yes, Iran, Gaza, possibly south Lebanon, as well as several other possible arenas where Israel could be engaged soon, thus possibly eliminating the chance of getting Shalit back alive. I believe Israel strongly suspects something is going to go down reasonably soon, whether they initiate it or whether the Moslems do, thus their swallowing the bitter pill on the swap.
                  I suspect so too. Time will tell though. We'll keep watching and ing, always something *interesting* going on over there .

Comment

A source involved in the talks told Reuters the deal called for freeing the prisoners in a two-stage arrangement, the first involving the release of 450 for the soldier, and the remaining 550 afterwards.
                    I don't think they'll pull anything too nasty until they get the second batch of prisoners.

Comment

Originally posted by canuckmedic View Post
                      Actually considering the skill of 1 Jewish soldier vs your typical palestinian terrorist I'd say Israel got a fantastic deal. No, I'm not kidding.
                      Good point. Reminds me of the movie 300 when Leonidas asks the Athenians how many soldiers they brought. All had other occupations other than soldier while the Spartans had 300, battle hardened, trained from childhood, soldiers. No contest. Thanks for reminding me of this fact!

Comment

Gilad is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, here's that thread: http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1683...urn-on-Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                        X