This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Syrian Civil War Thread - Part 1

DAMASCUS (Reuters) Crowds set fire to the headquarters of the ruling Baath Party in the Syrian city of Deraa Sunday, residents said, as the wave of unrest in the Arab world shook even one of its most authoritarian states.

The demonstrators also set ablaze the main courts complex and two phone company branches. One of the firms, Syriatel, is owned by President Bashar al-Assad's cousin Rami Makhlouf.

"They burned the symbols of oppression and corruption," an activist said. "The banks nearby were not touched."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110320/...Zlb2Z1bnJlc3Q-

The unabated continuing turmoil across the ME and NA almost defies logic, in so much at least that it continues to rage where triggers don't appear all that clear. It may be cliche, but what else can best describe this phenomenon -> interesting times we live in!
    sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Well, few months ago I wouldn't give it much
    thought, but now it will be interesting to see where
    this goes

Comment

Originally posted by $teve View Post
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110320/...Zlb2Z1bnJlc3Q-

The unabated continuing turmoil across the ME and NA almost defies logic, in so much at least that it continues to rage where triggers don't appear all that clear. It may be cliche, but what else can best describe this phenomenon -> interesting times we live in!
      This will happen in the Gog/MaGog war to come:

And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother. (Ezekiel 38:21)

We could be seeing the preliminaries leading up to it.

Jumpmaster

Comment

Syria: Seven Police Killed, Buildings Torched in Protests

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/143026

To see the uprisings happening in Syria is truly amazing. I've always wondered how Assad would handle it.

Does this mean he's too busy with his own problems that he can't stir things up with Israel at this time? Or will he use this as an excuse to attack Israel by blaming them?

sigpic

Comment

Time will certainly tell, as jumpmaster mentioned, these protests and riots (eventually) could well lead to the Gog / Magog conflict.
          sigpic

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Whoah, what is this starting in Yemen...

Tanks deploy in Sanaa as top army general defects

SANAA, Yemen Three army commanders, including a top general, defected Monday to the opposition calling for President Ali Abdullah Saleh to step down as army tanks and armored vehicles deployed in the streets of the Yemeni capital.

The most senior of the three officers is Maj. Gen. Ali Mohsen al-Ahmar, a longtime confidante of Saleh and commander of the army's powerful 1st Armored Division. Units of the division deployed Monday in a major square in Sanaa where protesters have been camping out to call for Saleh to step down.
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110321/...mi_ea/ml_yemen
            sigpic

Comment

RR News

I try to keep up daily with what's going on, yet as I did a cursory review of RR News a few minutes ago, still I was amazed at all that is happening right now; and further still, will only increase day by day. The rebellion in Syria is another addition to the turmoil, a very major addition IMO.
              Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid View Post
                Syria: Seven Police Killed, Buildings Torched in Protests

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/143026

To see the uprisings happening in Syria is truly amazing. I've always wondered how Assad would handle it.

Does this mean he's too busy with his own problems that he can't stir things up with Israel at this time? Or will he use this as an excuse to attack Israel by blaming them?
                Or will Iran see this as the last chance to pull the trigger before they loose their puppet.

Comment

Syria always scares me. The fact they are Israel's neighbour and sworn enermy just makes the situation all the more alarming

Comment

They really shouldn't scare you. Their future has already been predicted.

Comment

Originally posted by DH1991 View Post
                      Yes you right. Also I have noticed Syria is hardly been reported at all in the UK news. Libya dominating everything

Comment

The unrest has reached Syria?! Crazy days we're living in...

Comment

Originally posted by TaliaKirana View Post
                          The unrest has reached Syria?! Crazy days we're living in...
                          Could someone kindly explain to me why Syria is more significant than any other rioting country, besides the whole next-door-neighbor and Damascus things? Thanks!
                          "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

Comment

Originally posted by Rei Yahya View Post
                            Could someone kindly explain to me why Syria is more significant than any other rioting country, besides the whole next-door-neighbor and Damascus things? Thanks!
                            Besides being against Israel, they do not seem to think there is anything at all wrong with beheading their people, or just killing them in cold blood if they get out of line. The current president as far as I know has not done this, but I do not know that much about him, other than listening to a speech he gave, which IMO, was very SCARY, -very twisted.

However his father, who was president before he passed it to his son, was infamous for this type of behavior. Very power driven.

The only thing I can think of, is that maybe the people feel safer now in rising up against the current government, because "all eyes are on the middle east" right now, and the government there could not get away with it without facing serious consequences.

This is imo of course.
                            Praying to go home soon!

Comment

Originally posted by DH1991 View Post
                              I understand what you mean because Damascus is the capital of Syria which is going to be a ruinous heap. Isaiah 17:1. They shouldn't go messing with Israel.
                              sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Working...
                              X