Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely seems like the trigger for fulfillment of Isaiah 17. Hard to imagine the world condoning chemical warfare. Seems like severe retaliation might be a likely consequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by me go! View Post
      Definitely seems like the trigger for fulfillment of Isaiah 17. Hard to imagine the world condoning chemical warfare. Seems like severe retaliation might be a likely consequence.
      I would think so, if one hits an Israeli city, and caused mass casualties.

Comment

• U.S. to Send Troops, Patriot Missiles to Turkey

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

The United States gave the go-ahead Friday to deploy Patriot anti-ballistic missiles to Turkey along with enough troops to operate them as the heavily embattled government in neighboring Syria again vehemently denied firing ballistic missiles at rebels.

The United States has accused Damascus of launching Scud-type artillery from the capital at rebels in the country's north. One Washington official said missiles came close to the border of Turkey, a NATO member and staunch U.S. ally.

Syria's government called the accusations "untrue rumors" Friday, according to state news agency SANA. Damascus accused Turkey and its partners of instigating rumors to make the government look bad internationally.

U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed the order while en route to Turkey to send two Patriot missile batteries and 400 U.S. troops to operate them. The surface-to-air interceptors will help in "dealing with threats that come out of Syria," Panetta said after landing at Incirlik Air Base, a U.S. Air Force installation about 80 miles from Syria's border.

Panetta was unconcerned about possible reactions from Damascus to the Patriot deployment. "We can't spend a lot of time worrying about whether that pisses off Syria," he said, adamant that helping Turkey was the priority.

Panetta did say he was worried what Bashar al-Assad's government may do if it feels it is near collapse.
        Are patriot missiles capable of leveling Damascus?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlaL48 View Post
          Are patriot missiles capable of leveling Damascus?
          No. Patriots are used to intercept other missiles, so they fast and agile but they dont need to be very big.
          The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
          Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
          (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• But if the missile the Patriot intercepts has a nuke or WMD..... then it could get nasty.

Also if the other missile is conventional it could come down on a depot and cause a chain reaction.

Either case is unpredictable, but more than likely to hit open ground before Damascus.
            It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
              But if the missile the Patriot intercepts has a nuke or WMD..... then it could get nasty.

Also if the other missile is conventional it could come down on a depot and cause a chain reaction.

Either case is unpredictable, but more than likely to hit open ground before Damascus.
              Good point!

Comment

• There is a lot of speculation about Syria. I think Christians need to be careful about putting too much into these events. It's just my opinion, but I believe the Isaiah 17 fulfillment is a tribulation fulfillment. I bet the Syria uprising will continue until Al-Assad is removed from office. Then the Syrians will be looking for a new leader. I don't believe what we are seeing is an Isaiah 17 trigger. I believe more leadership changes are going to take place to pave the way for the leaders who will physically come against Israel instead of leaders who spit out verbal hatred. Could Iran be next?

I could be wrong, but I believe we are seeing the same thing in Syria as we did in Egypt. THe people want a new leader because their leader is cruel to his own people. THe people of the Middle East want a leader that is Muslim friendly and a Jew hater.

I say what I believe with love and compassion and I am open to correction should someone know something more than I do. If so, please let me know.

Otherwise I don't see this event as any thing different from the other events that have taken place in the Middle East. I know in the end they are all tied together, but this single event is not an event that sets off an alarm for me.

Comment

• NATO says Syrian Scuds hit "near" Turkey

This could very ugly. And I agree with m281920, I don't think we will be here for the Isaiah 17 fulfillment prophecy. So I personally believe our time here is just about up. Please come quickly Lord Jesus!!!!!

NATO says Syrian Scuds hit "near" Turkey

(Reuters) - NATO accused Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces of firing Scud missiles that landed near to the Turkish border, in explaining why it was sending anti-missile batteries and troops to the bloc's frontier.
                  http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8AJ1FK20121214

Comment

• Originally posted by m281920 View Post
                    There is a lot of speculation about Syria. I think Christians need to be careful about putting too much into these events. It's just my opinion, but I believe the Isaiah 17 fulfillment is a tribulation fulfillment. I bet the Syria uprising will continue until Al-Assad is removed from office. Then the Syrians will be looking for a new leader. I don't believe what we are seeing is an Isaiah 17 trigger. I believe more leadership changes are going to take place to pave the way for the leaders who will physically come against Israel instead of leaders who spit out verbal hatred. Could Iran be next?

I could be wrong, but I believe we are seeing the same thing in Syria as we did in Egypt. THe people want a new leader because their leader is cruel to his own people. THe people of the Middle East want a leader that is Muslim friendly and a Jew hater.

I say what I believe with love and compassion and I am open to correction should someone know something more than I do. If so, please let me know.

Otherwise I don't see this event as any thing different from the other events that have taken place in the Middle East. I know in the end they are all tied together, but this single event is not an event that sets off an alarm for me.
                    I believe that the rapture is the next event on the prophetic calendar. That said, I believe the events in Syria and the Middle East are likely leading to Isaiah 17 and Psalm 83, which I believe will lead to the confirming of the Abrahamic land covenant and start of the Tribulation, with the Gog and Magog War at the beginning....kind of like dominoes lined up ready to fall. I do believe Isaiah 17 describes chemical warfare against Israel, with the destruction of Damascus the being the consequences of this. I discussed some of this in the following post:

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1581...20#post2332720

You can find much more on my homepage under my profile.

Comment

• Originally posted by metroames View Post
                      I believe that the rapture is the next event on the prophetic calendar. That said, I believe the events in Syria and the Middle East are likely leading to Isaiah 17 and Psalm 83, which I believe will lead to the confirming of the Abrahamic land covenant and start of the Tribulation, with the Gog and Magog War at the beginning....kind of like dominoes lined up ready to fall. I do believe Isaiah 17 describes chemical warfare against Israel, with the destruction of Damascus the being the consequences of this. I discussed some of this in the following post:

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1581...20#post2332720

You can find much more on my homepage under my profile.

I Pray you are right metroames, about the Rapture being next on the prophetic calendar, although I am still not certain about Psalm 83 and whether or not we will be here for it. I would love for someome to reassure me that we won't be here for it! I agree the events in Syria and the ME are certainly pointing toward the fulfillment of Psalm 83 and Isaiah 17, and my common sense tells me this situation is not going away. I pray this is not just another "get rid of more leaders" scenario. I really just want to go home.

Comment

• Syrian army attacks Palestinian refugee camp

A Syrian human rights organization reported that Syrian army jets attacked the Yarmuch Palestinian refugee camp, located south of Damascus. The organization added the attack left several dead and other injured.
                        http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...320499,00.html

sigpic

Comment

• Syrian Islamist rebels take Aleppo infantry base

Capture is second major military installation ‘liberated’ by rebels in a week.

BEIRUT (AP) —
                          An Islamist faction of Syrian rebels captured an infantry base in the northern city of Aleppo, its fighters said Sunday, as rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad advance on the country’s largest city.

It was the second major army installation the rebels overran in a week in Aleppo, as the civil war closes in on Assad’s troops and fighting intensifies in and around the capital, Damascus. The fighters have also seized air bases near both cities in recent weeks.
                          http://www.timesofisrael.com/syrian-...infantry-base/

sigpic

Comment

• m281920-

I agree.

Things continue to ratchet up. It's hard not to get excited about the possible imminence of the Rapture when Damascus is in the news continually. I don't mean to offend anyone who wants to go home - I'm quite ready. But I've heard "We're so outta here" for decades.

There is nothing that needs to take place prophetically for the Rapture to occur. That is our blessed hope. And there's nothing wrong with having your "head in the clouds" - as long as you have your feet on the ground.

If someone offers you a 2013 calendar, take it. Our feet are shod with the gospel of peace, and we may need to walk in a world of war and mayhem for some time to come.

Comment

• Syria war fuels Christian flight from Middle East. The Lebanese city of Zahle sits high the Bekaa valley. Zahle - a Christian city - has known dark times
                              It became a dangerous frontline as the armed forces of Syria intervened in Lebanon's long, complex and bitter civil war in the 1980s.
                              In a very similar conflict in the 1860s it was torched by besieging Druze and Turkish fighters after its Christian defenders were defeated. Civilians were massacred in the bloody aftermath
                              Christian families fleeing the violence and chaos of Syria's civil war just a few kilometres further down that ancient highway are arriving in the city where Christian aid agencies care for them
                              The question is - will be they be able to return to their homes once the fighting dies down or will they become the latest chapter in the long story of the how the Christian population of the Middle East is continuing to decline? A hundred years ago it's thought that around a fifth of the population of the Middle East was Christian, although it's hard to be certain. These days the figure is probably closer to 5%
                              Christians are no longer a majority in Lebanon which was once a political and cultural stronghold - and they're even in a minority in the Palestinian city of Bethlehem, the very birthplace of Christ.
                              In an age where we tend rather arrogantly to see Christianity as a phenomenon of the developed world - the faith that colonising Europeans took to the territories they conquered - it's worth remembering that the Middle East is the cradle of the faith. St Paul was travelling to Damascus when he was blinded in a moment of conversion, after all. The street where he stayed as he recovered is still there now
                              If current trends continue, then soon Christian influence in the Middle East may dwindle to nothing.

MORE.......http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20742256

Comment

• 'First we take Damascus, then Tel Aviv'
                                Roi Kais Published: 12.16.12, 19:23 / Israel News

Salafist leader warns that once rebels topple Assad's regime they will set their sights on Israel; says 'We won't rest until Palestine is liberated'

The leader of the radical Salafist movement in Jordan, whose organization actively supports the Syrian rebels' efforts to topple President Bashar Assad's regime warned Sunday that once the Damascus opposition achieves its primary goal, it will set its sights on Israel.

The group's leader, Abed Shihadeh, who is also known as Abu Muhammad al-Tahawi, spoke at the funeral of a Jihadist who committed a suicide attack in Amman last week.

"We tell Benjamin Netanyahu, the (Israeli) prime minister, get ready. The army of the Prophet Mohammad is coming your way."

Shihadeh added: "Those carrying explosives in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan will find you, Allah willing," he added. "The next fight is between us and you."

The jihadist leader further pledged to "Take over Damascus and then head to Tel Aviv… As far as we are concerned, Palestine stretches from river to sea, from Rafah to a-Nakura. We will not rest until Palestine is liberated."

Commenting on the United States' decision to add the al Qaeda-linked Syrian rebel group Jabhat al-Nusra to its terror watch list, Shihadeh said that "Allah blesses the heroes of Jabhat al-Nusra.

"America is the mother of all terror in the world," he added, further blaming the US for "standing by Assad and the Jews."
                                http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...320674,00.html

And here's possibly why, as we have been speculating in recent months, Damascus gets destroyed. The current Syrian civil war may not be what directly leads to Isaiah 17, but it may be what sets up the conditions for it to happen.
                                sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Working...
                                X