Swine flu hits Israel, hospitals swamped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine flu hits Israel, hospitals swamped

Hospitals were swamped Wednesday morning with patients seeking treatment for the swine flu, which hit Israel for the second sequential winter.

The Health Ministry announced Wednesday morning that 14 people had been hospitalized in critical condition, among them six children.

Three people have already died from the flu this year, including a 15-year old boy who appeared healthy but succumbed to the disease within a single day.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...009181,00.html

sigpic

..They already have enough problems.. They don't need this!
    sigpic

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comment

Oh yuck! My family and I all got the swine flu last fall. It's a nasty one. I think it spreads so quickly because you are most contagious before the fever hits, so you don't even know you have it and are out doing whatever you normally do until the fever knocks you out. Then, it seems to come and go for several days . . . just when you think you have it beat, it comes back. I'm praying for Israel right now . . . that God will halt the progression of this illness and that no more deaths are caused by it. The swine flu itself can be beat if you are otherwise healthy, as my family (consisting of my husband, myself, and our two children who were 3 months and barely two at the time) can attest to, but with the high fever it produces, it can be problematic for those with already weakened immune systems, especially if it can't be brought under control right away.

Comment

The U.S. had that last year. My daughter had it and it was really bad

Comment

A 14 year old girl died of it in my area last year

Comment

Lord, I pray that you use this disease, and the hardships it creates, to draw the Israelis back to You in faith. Let them turn to You for help. Let them draw nearer to You, allowing them to see the glory of Your power. In Jesus name, by whose stripes we are healed, Amen.
            Micah 6:8 (NIV)
            8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you?
            To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Comment

Working...
            X