Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Israel strikes Syria, downs Iranian drone, as F-16 crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel strikes Syria, downs Iranian drone, as F-16 crashes

JERUSALEM (AP) -- In its most serious engagement in neighboring Syria since fighting there began in 2011, Israel shot down an infiltrating Iranian drone Saturday and struck Iranian targets deep in Syria before one of its own jets was downed.

The sudden escalation offers what could be a harbinger of what lies ahead as the Syrian fighting winds down and an emboldened Iran establishes a military presence that Israel vows it will never accept.

Israel has issued several stern warnings of late about the increased Iranian involvement along its border in Syria and Lebanon. The Israeli Cabinet just held a meeting near the Syrian border to highlight the new threats, which it attributes to Iran's growing confidence given the success of the government of Bashar Assad in the Syrian civil war thanks to their support.

Israel called the drone infiltration a "severe and irregular violation of Israeli sovereignty" and warned that Iran would be held accountable for its meddling, raising the specter of a larger confrontation in an area that has remained largely stable since a monthlong war between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon in 2006.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

I’ve been thinking about this all day. Israel responded without hesitation it seems. I’ve also been thinking maybe it won’t be a full out war just yet. Possibly a bunch of skirmishes that could possibly bring about the destruction of Damascus. Of course I don’t know but I’m thinking with Russia in Syria already say Syria (even if by proxy) ends up in skirmishes with Israel that could be Gogs hook in the jaw with military and money and artillary invested in the area. So they will look like they are almost neutral to those not watching or paying close attention and then Russia says “hold up our investments are there” and then rally the other countries to attack Israel

Comment

Yeah for Israel, she needs to stand firm and protect the country and it's people.
      Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Israel Says U.S. Not in Syrian ‘Game’ as Russia Seen Dominant

Israel is counting on Russian President Vladimir Putin to keep confrontations with Iran and Syria from spiraling into war as the Trump administration mostly watches from the sidelines, a senior aide to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

“The American part of the equation is to back us up,” but the U.S. currently “has almost no leverage on the ground,” Michael Oren, Netanyahu’s deputy minister for public diplomacy and a former ambassador to Washington, said in a phone interview Sunday. “America did not ante up in Syria. It’s not in the game.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ine&yptr=yahoo

IDF official: Response to future Iranian violations will be more forceful

“We do not know what the mission of the Iranian drone was, it is their most advanced drone and they did not expect our radar to detect its penetration into our territory,” the senior official stated. “Our aerial freedom will not be harmed. We will continue to destroy targets.”

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...orceful-542329

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers
            the Trump administration mostly watches from the sidelines

America did not ante up in Syria. It’s not in the game.”
            Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
              Israel Says U.S. Not in Syrian ‘Game’ as Russia Seen Dominant

Israel is counting on Russian President Vladimir Putin to keep confrontations with Iran and Syria from spiraling into war as the Trump administration mostly watches from the sidelines, a senior aide to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

“The American part of the equation is to back us up,” but the U.S. currently “has almost no leverage on the ground,” Michael Oren, Netanyahu’s deputy minister for public diplomacy and a former ambassador to Washington, said in a phone interview Sunday. “America did not ante up in Syria. It’s not in the game.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ine&yptr=yahoo

IDF official: Response to future Iranian violations will be more forceful

“We do not know what the mission of the Iranian drone was, it is their most advanced drone and they did not expect our radar to detect its penetration into our territory,” the senior official stated. “Our aerial freedom will not be harmed. We will continue to destroy targets.”

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...orceful-542329
              I wish we had an upvote option on this site.

The idea that Israel has to depend on Russia instead of U.S. is troubling.

Comment

Okay listening to Hugh Hewitt and he says there is virtually a full blown war going on on the Iran/Syrian border that no one is paying any attention to. Will have to come back and pay more attention to this...have to go for now...another family member in the hospital...sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                  Okay listening to Hugh Hewitt and he says there is virtually a full blown war going on on the Iran/Syrian border that no one is paying any attention to. Will have to come back and pay more attention to this...have to go for now...another family member in the hospital...sigh...
                  The two countries are separated by northern Iraq, which I believe is an area traditionally Kurdish. There are some hints on the interweb, though not in mainstream sources, that there is a lot going on over there at the moment.

3 trees

Comment

Very Interesting times we are living in. My eyes are focused on Israel but glaring over at Damascus too.

for Israel
                    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

:snoopy

Comment

Netanyahu: Israel’s warnings regarding Iran were 100% correct

Prime Minister Netanyahu confirmed he spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin and United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson following the attacks from Iran and Syria on Israel’s sovereignty.

He confirmed that in his talk with Putin, he “reiterated to him our right and our duty to defend ourselves against aggression against us from Syrian territory. We agreed the security coordination between our armies will continue.”

http://kehilanews.com/2018/02/11/net...e-100-correct/

Defense Minister: It’s not time to bark, it’s time to bite and we’ll bite hard

Israel Defense Minister warned Syria and Iran against any further provocation with the State of Israel, stating “It’s not time to bark, it’s time to bite and we’ll bite hard. I hope we won’t have to do it.”

Lieberman toured Israel’s northern city of Kiryat Shmona on Tuesday morning, reporting that Israel’s Finance Ministry will invest over $14 million to “fortifying the home front here in the north,” including improving bomb shelters for northern cities amidst imminent threats from Syria and Lebanon.

http://kehilanews.com/2018/02/14/def...ell-bite-hard/

3 trees

Comment

American forces have killed hundreds of Russian mercenaries in the past week. So America and ISRAEL are at war with Russia, Iran and Syria. The Psalm 83 war is happening today and we will soon see Jeremiah 49,and Isaiah 17.

Comment

I have posted this video on several other threads, but it address this subject, with some very interesting facts about just what the US involvement really is. As well as the "baloney" about Netanyahu being forced to resign.

https://youtu.be/LpdGKEekwLU

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
                            American forces have killed hundreds of Russian mercenaries in the past week. So America and ISRAEL are at war with Russia, Iran and Syria. The Psalm 83 war is happening today and we will soon see Jeremiah 49,and Isaiah 17.
                            Saw this one the other day: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/1...RHzQd3HcSLV.97

And now this morning, saw where Macron said France will "strike Damascus" if it becomes clear Assad used sarin gas on people.

Meanwhile time keeps on slipping into the fuuuture...

Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!

Comment

Originally posted by madcat View Post
                              I have posted this video on several other threads, but it address this subject, with some very interesting facts about just what the US involvement really is. As well as the "baloney" about Netanyahu being forced to resign.

https://youtu.be/LpdGKEekwLU

Good one. Had to listen to Amir on 2X speed tho, got a meeting coming up. Boy oh boy, we are getting pretty far along. Simply astounding to see all this coming together right before our eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X