Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Gog?

I have read that Gog may not be a man but a fallen angle! Daniel 10:2020
    So he said, "Do you know why Ihavecome to you? Soon I will return tofight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, theprinceofGreece will come.

1 The word of the LORD came to me: And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal So Who Is Gog??
    Last edited by Steve53; February 10th, 2018, 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by Ranting View Post
    I have read that Gog may not be a man but a fallen angle!
    That may be the case. That is a somewhat common supposition here, but can you share how the verse you chose is relevant to the statement I've quoted from your post? I'm missing the connection with Daniel 10:20.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Well I keep reading from a lot of Christian posts that Vladamir Putin is Gog ! Yes he is the leader of Russia and may bring the mighty Russian army with all his muslim friends to the mountians of Israel but is he gog? Is gog a fallen angle that influences the leader of Russia to come down from the north and then there is another intro little bit in the bible that says that he will be buried !!
      "It will come to pass in that day that I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea; and it will obstruct travelers, because there they will bury Gog and all his multitude. Therefore they will call it the Valley of Hamon Gog.

Comment

Oh wow!!! I had never heard this before that Gog may be a fallen angel. Always read that Gog represented Russia...but never considered the unseen---the fallen angel. Always something new to learn/consider.

Comment

Daniel, Chapter 10. In this chapter, the Prophet Daniel begins praying to God for more understanding about the future prophetic history of his beloved nation, Israel. We see that God gives an angel the answer to Daniel's prayer the very first day Daniel prayed [Vs 12]. Yet, he was prevented from reaching Daniel for three whole weeks! What could have happened to keep a Godly angel from reaching Earth for three whole weeks, when the normal "transportation time" is just a split-second? We get the answer in verse 13:
          "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained [was not needed anymore] there with the kings of Persia."
          This passage tells us that this Godly angel was attacked by a demonic being that was more powerful than the angel, and kept him from reaching Daniel for three whole weeks. I bet you did not know that some demonic beings are more powerful than some Godly angels, did you?
          Furthermore, we see that the only way this angel could get victory over this demonic being was to call for help from Michael, the Guardian Angel responsible for the defense of Israel. Once Michael came to his aid, this Godly angel was able to go to Daniel's side to give him God's answer to his prayers.
          But, then, this angel says something even more shocking: In verse 20, he says that, once he returns, he will have to join an ongoing fight between Godly angels and demonic beings for the "Prince of Persia" and the "Prince of Greece". The Kingdom of Greece, at the time of this writing, was not even in existence! Thus, we get an understanding that, in the Heavenly sphere, both Godly angels and ungodly beings are fighting for nations long before the time is come for that nation to step on to the world scene.
          Now, notice that these demonic beings are referred to as "Princes ". In Daniel 10, the word for "prince" is "sar", . The meanings of this word are: Captain, chief, governor, or lord. In other words, this demonic being referred to here is one that has rulership or authority.
          The true picture of what is being spoken of here is that both God and Satan have assigned their supernatural emissaries to stay close to the human leader of individual nations throughout history. The angel attempts to move the king to make decisions that will implement God's plan, while the demonic being will attempt to influence the king to make decisions that will serve Satan's purposes. This picture shows Gog hovering close to the human leader of Russia, ensuring that the decision he makes and the thoughts of his mind move the nation into Satan's orbit so the nation will make decisions that promote Satan's plan.

Fortunately, God has given us a clearer look at this terribly important aspect of the spiritual warfare in the Heavenlies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranting View Post
            Well I keep reading from a lot of Christian posts that Vladamir Putin is Gog ! Yes he is the leader of Russia and may bring the mighty Russian army with all his muslim friends to the mountians of Israel but is he gog? Is gog a fallen angle that influences the leader of Russia to come down from the north and then there is another intro little bit in the bible that says that he will be buried !! "It will come to pass in that day that I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea; and it will obstruct travelers, because there they will bury Gog and all his multitude. Therefore they will call it the Valley of Hamon Gog.
            Yes, the highlighted above is how I understand Gog. Gog is mentioned in more than one historical time, which would lead me to believe that Gog is a spirit being. For the Eze 38-39 prophecy, I figure Gog performs his mission through the leader of Russia, whomever that is during the time of the prophecy being fulfilled.

Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

If Gog is destined to be buried in the valley of Israel, how can he be a demonic being?
              sigpic Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers
                Gog is mentioned in more than one historical time, which would lead me to believe that Gog is a spirit being. For the Eze 38-39 prophecy, I figure Gog performs his mission through the leader of Russia, whomever that is during the time of the prophecy being fulfilled.
                Thank you. This has confused me about Gog being mentioned in more than one historical time...a spirit being would explain this perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney Spider View Post
                  If Gog is destined to be buried in the valley of Israel, how can he be a demonic being?
                  Gog appears three times in Scripture (https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...ided-by-gog/):

• Amos 7:1 in the Koine Greek, in Amos' vision of locusts and one caterpillar (Gog) coming from the east

• Ezekiel 38:2 (Gog of Magog, the "chief prince" of Meshek and Tubal)

• Revelation 20:8 (rebellion at the end of the MK, Satan is released and goes out to deceive the nations in the 4 corners, Gog and Magog... the same spirit from Ezek 38 and Amos)

That's a big span, so Gog must be a fallen angel, a "prince" (as in "powers and principalities" cf Ephesians 6:12, Daniel 10:20).

But I reckon the one(s) influenced by Gog to come against Israel would be the physical that is buried, and still, by association, Gog would be "buried" as well. It will take 7 months to bury "Gog and all his hordes" in the Valley of Hamon Gog. Ezekiel 39:11-12.

So it's both.

Comment

Wow! I always thought Gog was just Russia/leader of as well. I never thought about the influence. Very interesting indeed!

Comment

I am old and still learning, I feel like I am in school here at RR
                      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Thanks, Ranting, for this post. Paul refers to spiritual principalities in Romans. I have heard it elsewhere that cities, regions and countries have their own demonic and angelic rulers. This has an effect on the character of each city/region.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post

Gog appears three times in Scripture (https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...ided-by-gog/):

• Amos 7:1 in the Koine Greek, in Amos' vision of locusts and one caterpillar (Gog) coming from the east

• Ezekiel 38:2 (Gog of Magog, the "chief prince" of Meshek and Tubal)

• Revelation 20:8 (rebellion at the end of the MK, Satan is released and goes out to deceive the nations in the 4 corners, Gog and Magog... the same spirit from Ezek 38 and Amos)

That's a big span, so Gog must be a fallen angel, a "prince" (as in "powers and principalities" cf Ephesians 6:12, Daniel 10:20).

But I reckon the one(s) influenced by Gog to come against Israel would be the physical that is buried, and still, by association, Gog would be "buried" as well. It will take 7 months to bury "Gog and all his hordes" in the Valley of Hamon Gog. Ezekiel 39:11-12.

So it's both.

I agree, it's both. In Ezekiel 38 it refers to the human who is being led by the spiritual being and in Revelation it refers to the spiritual being who is leading the humans.

Comment

Working...
                          X