God Does Not Change :: By Bud Hancock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Does Not Change :: By Bud Hancock

I find it almost amusing that, seemingly, so many nations feel they have the right to determine who rightfully owns the ancient City of Jerusalem. In fact, the very idea that any person or nation ‘assumes’ the authority to do so is laughable. Yet, it seems every day, more and more ‘world leaders’ do presume to speak about the status and fate of the city where God said many times, “I place My Name there,” always speaking of Jerusalem.

See 1 Kings 11:36; 2 Kings 21:4; 2 Kings 21:7; 2 Kings 23:7; 2 Chronicles 33:4; 2 Chronicles 33:7. God is very jealous for His name and is keeping a record of those who attempt to speak for Him as though He were a man. His Word speaks for Him, and fortunately we have been given that Word.

Without a doubt, Jerusalem is the most contested city in the history of the world. It has been sought after and fought over by multitudes of people through the centuries, by people who so easily become drunk with the thought of control over the Holy City. Hordes of Muslims sought control, as did hordes of so-called ‘Christians’. These all sought to place their names there and rule over Jerusalem, even though God has plainly stated that He ‘places His name there’.

The city that President Trump recently recognized as the capital of Israel became prominent when King David designated Jerusalem as the capital of Israel around 1003 BCE.

According to the prophet Samuel, Jerusalem was already a city; but it was called “The City of David” and was the capital of the Jewish nation after King David captured ‘the Fortress of Zion’ from the Jebusites (2 Samuel 5:7). It remained so until the Babylonian captivity some 400 years later, but it was never designated the capital of any other national entity. It became even more prominent as the capital of Israel when the first Jewish Temple was built there by King Solomon, son of David, after God refused to allow King David to build His House, the Temple.

As far as the ownership of the land that was promised to Abraham as an ‘eternal inheritance’, many peoples had lived in the area for hundreds of years since the Flood of Noah, but they were not there through any directive from God. Only God has the absolute authority to designate who may live on and control certain geographical areas.

http://www.raptureready.com/2018/02/...e-bud-hancock/

Current maps showing the land area set aside for Israel by God vary quite a bit, but I'm sure God knows exactly where the borders are and will be. The following link shows one such depiction: https://theisraelbible.com/biblical-...s-land-israel/

Another map I looked at includes about 2/3s of Turkey as well.

Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

But now thus says the
    Lord
    , he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the
    Lord
    your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. ..

Its very hard for some people and the world to understand that Israel {Jacobs descendants} are the Apple of GodJesus Eye!
    Last edited by Steve53; February 10th, 2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X