Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey invades Syria

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...-united-states
    Last edited by Tall Timbers; January 21st, 2018, 04:58 PM. Reason: fix link(s)
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Turkey says its troops have entered Syria in fight against Kurdish militias

ISTANBUL — Turkey on Sunday opened a new front in its assault on Kurdish militias in northern Syria, launching a ground offensive with allied Syrian rebels and injecting new uncertainty into an already volatile civil war.

The land operation by Turkish forces, which began Sunday morning, comes as Turkey intensified air and artillery strikes on the Syrian Kurdish enclave Afrin over the weekend.

Turkey on Saturday had announced the formal start of “Operation Olive Branch,” an apparently open-ended offensive that envisions attacks on at least two Kurdish-controlled cities. Turkish troops and Syrian rebels would then establish a “secure zone” along the border, the Turkish prime minister said Sunday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a0f4618deb66

For a while now I've been saying I hope that we've removed our nukes from Turkey. Now I think we should remove all of our military forces from Turkey and expel Turkey from NATO.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I agree with you TT.
      sigpic

Comment

Why do we not hear about this on the msm and not even hearing it on Fox.

Comment

It at least appears from what little I can find out there on the topic that the USA is standing aside and Russia approves. I'm asking the same question, Cindy S.

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
            It at least appears from what little I can find out there on the topic that the USA is standing aside and Russia approves. I'm asking the same question, Cindy S.
            Perhaps a precursor to this:

12 to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are againinhabited, and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land. 13 Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, ‘Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?’”’ -Ezekiel 38

It has to happen eventually.
            The Road To New Jerusalem

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy S. View Post
              Why do we not hear about this on the msm and not even hearing it on Fox.
              Don't get me started on the U.S. media...for now I am thankful that I can get overseas news via the internet...

Comment

I think with new management at Fox they are going to lose me as a viewer eventually.
                I like Reuters.

Comment

Originally posted by scott00049 View Post

Perhaps a precursor to this:

12 to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are againinhabited, and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land. 13 Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, ‘Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?’”’ -Ezekiel 38

It has to happen eventually.
                  I'm expecting Damascus to become a "ruinous heap" any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy S. View Post

I'm expecting Damascus to become a "ruinous heap" any day.
                    Yeah...parts of it already are, but Assad has to keep the appearance that all is going well, so parts of it still look like there is no war.
                    The Road To New Jerusalem

Comment

Friend or foe? Assad quietly aids Syrian Kurds against Turkey

Pro-government forces and Kurdish-led forces have fought each other elsewhere in Syria and Damascus opposes the Kurds' demands for autonomy. But in Afrin they have a common enemy and a mutual interest in blocking Turkish advances.

Turkey, which regards the Kurdish YPG militia in Afrin as a threat on its southern border, launched an assault on the region last month. Seeking to shield Afrin, the Kurds asked Damascus to send forces into action to defend the border.

The government shows no sign of doing so, but it is providing indirect help by allowing Kurdish fighters, civilians and politicians to reach Afrin through territory it holds, representatives of both sides told Reuters.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/friend-fo...071434536.html

I'm happy to see someone giving the Kurds a hand!

Turkey's offensive against Kurdish fighters in Syria runs into problems: mountains and mud

A Turkish offensive against Kurdish fighters has bogged down in the mountains and mud of northern Syria as troops encounter an adversary well accustomed to the terrain.

The Turkish military lost its advantage in the skies over the border area for much of this week after Russian forces restricted access to the airspace, according to a Western diplomat and Syrian rebels backed by the Turks. Without air cover, the lightly armed Syrian rebels, who are doing most of the fighting in the three-week-old Turkish offensive, have found it hardto advance.

Saturday was the deadliest day yet with Turkish media reporting the death of eleven servicemen.

"We are still making progress but not as fast as we did before," said Majd Mahsoun, a fighter with the Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army. "It's been a tough fight."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...210-story.html

I'm glad to see that Turkey is finding some roadblocks making their war against our Kurdish friends difficult.

3 trees

Comment

Amen!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X