Unrest in Iran!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran lawmaker says some 3,700 arrested amid protests, unrest

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- Iranian security forces arrested some 3,700 people during widespread protests and unrest over the past two weeks, a lawmaker said Tuesday, offering a far higher number than authorities previously released.

The demonstrations, which began Dec. 28 over economic grievances, quickly spread across the country to become the largest seen in Iran since the disputed 2009 presidential election. Some protesters called for the overthrow of the government, and at least 21 people were killed in clashes.

Human rights activists outside of Iran told The Associated Press they weren't surprised by the figure as authorities also allegedly carried out so-called "preventative arrests" of students not involved in the protests. Some 4,000 arrests followed the 2009 protests.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I would like to take it one more step if that's OK>This is the word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet concerning Elam, early in the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah: (Zedekiah ruled the Southern Kingdom from 597 to 586 BC).

This is what the Lord Almighty says:

“See, I will break the bow of Elam, the mainstay of their might. I will bring against Elam the four winds from the four quarters of heaven; I will scatter them to the four winds, and there will not be a nation where Elam’s exiles do not go. I will shatter Elam before their foes, before those who want to kill them; I will bring disaster on them, even my fierce anger,” declares the Lord. “I will pursue them with the sword until I have made an end of them. I will set my throne in Elam and destroy her king and officials,” declares the Lord. Yet I will restore the fortunes of Elam in days to come,”declares the Lord (Jeremiah 49:34-39).
      This is not the End !! with the unrest in Iran! just my humble thoughts. Enjoy
      ot wearing headscarves
      • Symbolic protests took place throughout the country by defiant women
      • Images posted on social media show the women uncovered in public places
      • A prominent activist meanwhile describes the hijab as a 'symbol of oppression'
      • 'It is the 21st century and we want to be our true selves,' Masih Alinejad said

This is not over!!
      cnn will never report this and it has fallen off>>but it is still going on !>>they want their freedom ! but The sword of GodJesus say they will get it and sooner then people think!
      Last edited by Steve53; February 4th, 2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X