Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Soon and very soon. We are going to see the king!"

Comment

• They have discovered massive reserves of oil and eventually that discovery will be greater than all the Arab nations combined.
      I really enjoyed this article but the above statement in the article is not true and it's disturbing to me that he stated that. It has always been suspected that oil is there but thus far exploration has not found significant amounts. Israel imports 99% of it oil consumption.

Comment

• If oil IS discovered in Israel; then why, according to Ezek. 39, do they need the gas/oil from all the military vehicles for 7 yrs.?

Comment

• Originally posted by cts racing View Post
          If oil IS discovered in Israel; then why, according to Ezek. 39, do they need the gas/oil from all the military vehicles for 7 yrs.?
          Exactly. Oil is not the cause for Russia to come against Israel. The Scripture does not say that. Actually, it is the other observing nations that surmise the reasons that Russia wants to come against Israel. They have to guess, because the reason is not obvious to the nations observing. The observing nations are the ones that list possible reasons, ending with a question mark.

Comment

• Ultimately, any nation that comes against Israel does so not because of what Israel might have but WHO has Israel in His Hands from eternity past through eternity future. Israel's enemies hate Israel's God. Wipe out Israel...wipe out Israel's God?? Not going to happen...the battles will rage but God's victory is already decided. Thank you, Lord!

Comment

• Originally posted by comeuphere View Post
              Ultimately, any nation that comes against Israel does so not because of what Israel might have but WHO has Israel in His Hands from eternity past through eternity future. Israel's enemies hate Israel's God. Wipe out Israel...wipe out Israel's God?? Not going to happen...the battles will rage but God's victory is already decided. Thank you, Lord!
              Yes, indeed. It is an "evil thought" that begins with Ezekiel 38. As God says: "to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations".

Comment

• One thought bears investigating...

Ezekiel 38:12 speaks about a people having "and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land."

Correspondingly, the 2 witnesses have what? Rev 11:6 -- "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:"

Why not believe that they have a drought -- it appears that "Babylon" will, Rev 18:8 -- and it also appears that they will work all day for one meal, Rev 6:5, "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny." Rev 6:8 confirms that "And power was given unto them [the riders] over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger,..." Why not believe that they attack Israel for food?

Of course, this would also "time" the Gog attack to about midtrib instead of at the beginning -- a timing that I also agree with.

skypair

Comment

• Originally posted by cts racing View Post
                  If oil IS discovered in Israel; then why, according to Ezek. 39, do they need the gas/oil from all the military vehicles for 7 yrs.?
                  That's an excellent question. I've never really bought into the idea that Russia invades Israel for oil.

Comment

• Time line of the Battle

I am new and not sure how all this works (reply etc).

But I have a comment / question. I feel that the Gog Magog battle would have to be at a minimum of 3 1/2 years prior to the Trib or 7 years prior to the 'Great Trib'.

Ezekiel 39:9 states the Israelites will use the weapons of thier destroyed enemy, Gog for 7 years.

Matthew 24:15,16 states that when 'you' (Israelites) see the abomination to flee to mountains.

Most folks agree that Matthew 25:15 is the start of the 'Mid-Trib' or 'Great Trib'. The Israelites are clearly to told; dont back and get even your jacket....FLEE NOW. If your not going to get a jacket, your not going to go a get a load of weapons to take into hiding to use for fuel.

So; for the Israelites to have time (7 years) to burn all of the weapons for fuel, and to flee at the mid-trib empty handed, the battle of Gog / Magog would have to be completed a minimum of 7 years prior to Mid-Trib.

I have read people placing the 'Gog' battle anywhere in the trib to Armageddon. I dont buy that.

I would suppose that my main couriosity in the subject is that the 'Church' may get to witness this from Earth prior to the Rapture.

Let me know what you think and God Bless.

JMR

Comment

• Time line of the Battle

Mis-typed one entry. The sign of the Mid trib is Matthew 24:15, not 25:15.

JMR

Comment

• Originally posted by JMR View Post
                        I am new and not sure how all this works (reply etc).

But I have a comment / question. I feel that the Gog Magog battle would have to be at a minimum of 3 1/2 years prior to the Trib or 7 years prior to the 'Great Trib'.

Ezekiel 39:9 states the Israelites will use the weapons of thier destroyed enemy, Gog for 7 years.
                        There is nothing to prevent those weapons from being used to "beat their swords into plowshares..." after the great tribulation has ended, is there?

Furthermore, it does not designate who will burn the weapons. The Gog war comes before Israel is again "occupied" by AC and his armies (Dan 11:45, Isa 28:18-22). The remnant will have fled, as you say -- to Petra probably -- yet there will still be most of Isreal who "accepts him who comes in his own name!" They will help burn the weapons of the Gog war.

skypair

Comment

• Originally posted by JMR View Post

Matthew 24:15,16 states that when 'you' (Israelites) see the abomination to flee to mountains.

Most folks agree that Matthew 25:15 is the start of the 'Mid-Trib' or 'Great Trib'. The Israelites are clearly to told; dont back and get even your jacket....FLEE NOW. If your not going to get a jacket, your not going to go a get a load of weapons to take into hiding to use for fuel.

So; for the Israelites to have time (7 years) to burn all of the weapons for fuel, and to flee at the mid-trib empty handed, the battle of Gog / Magog would have to be completed a minimum of 7 years prior to Mid-Trib.
                          JMR
                          Just a thought about Israel's 'Russian 7yr. fuel supply': What if 'the place where Israel flees too' (Rev. 12:6,14), is a place where a lot of Russian military vehicles are?
                          In any Military Campaign, you have headquarters, command centers. outposts, weapon & food depots, refueling stations, support bases, etc., all at different places.
                          If Israel flees on 'wings of a great eagle' (Russian military transport planes?); is there a desert area that would support this idea of having a Russian base of a major food depot & refueling station on which Israel could survive on for the remaining 3.5 yrs.?
                          This would give us a viable support of the Gog & magog battle happening at the very beginnig of the 70th 'week', and the fuel supply lasting all the way to Armageddon

Comment

• Gog forming faster than ever?

7 Ex-Soviet Nations to Form Rapid Reaction Force

Seven former Soviet republics including Russia will form a joint rapid reaction force, President Dmitry Medvedev said Wednesday.

President Dmitry Medvedev said Russia, Armenia, Belarus and four Central Asian nations Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan had reached the agreement to form a new security force during a summit of the Moscow-dominated Collective Security Treaty Organization on Wednesday.

The force would add a military dimension to the Moscow-dominated alliance, which so far has served mostly as a forum for consultations.

"We all have agreed on the need" for the force, Medvedev said, but he did not give details of how the force would be composed.
                            http://www.themoscowtimes.com/articl.../42/374260.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...ary/index.html

sigpic

Comment

• I read that in the RR News spot and thought exactly the same thing

Comment

• I was about to post about this also
                                Yep its moving right along isn't it
                                Russia is trying to push US out of a afganistan and they will take it in also(my feelings)
                                Obama will pull out of Iraq and Iran has been dying to excert it's influence there.
                                Poor little Georgia is caught in the middle here, don't think it will be long for them, don't think Obama will help them.
                                It's all amazing to see this taking place

Comment

Working...
                                X