No announcement yet.

Receding Euphrates .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient buildings have emerged from the river bed in Iraq's western Anbar province as the Euphrates River dries up. For the first time, archaeologists are able to access sites that had been flooded by Saddam Hussein in the mid-1980s.

Cliffs that were once submerged now reveal pre-Christian tombs built into the rock face.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/17...ical-Treasures

Comment

I looooove learning about archaeology, especially in teh Middle East and in Egypt!
      Thanks for posting this

Comment

This is fascinating!! Much love and cookies for sharing this article with us!!
        "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

Originally posted by Caver View Post
          Yep, so the huge army can pass through....but I think its a little early in the time line for that.....I think...

Yes, it may be a bit soon, but I can't help but to think of Christ's example of the bud of the trees indicating that spring is around the corner. This seems like a bud. Very amazing times we are in!

Comment

Originally posted by felixthecat View Post
            I am more fascinated than ever ...

soon?

Look what Muslims believe about this:

Euphrates River Dried Up - Armageddon On The Way

Some of the hadiths of the Prophet Muhammad suggest that the Euphrates will dry up (drop off), revealing unknown treasures that will be the cause of strife and war.

* "Soon the river Euphrates will disclose the treasure [the mountain] of gold. So, whoever will be present at that time should not take anything of it." Sahih Bukhari.

* The Prophet Muhammad said: "The Hour will not come to pass before the river Euphrates dries up to unveil the mountain of gold, for which people will fight. Ninety-nine out of one hundred will die [in the fighting], and every man among them will say: 'Perhaps I may be the only one to remain alive'." Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim.

* The Prophet Muhammad said: "The Euphrates reveals the treasures within itself. Whoever sees it should not take anything from it".[5]

* "It [the Euphrates ] will uncover a mountain of gold [under it]." Sunan Abi Da'ud.

Also From The Book Of The Revelation:

Chapter 16, Verse 12

And The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river, the Euphrates ; and its water was dried up, so that the way would be prepared for the kings from the east.

Chapter 16, Verse 13

Then I saw three disgusting spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Chapter 16, Verse 14

They are demonic spirits that perform signs. They go to the kings of the whole earth and gather them for the war of the great Day of God Almighty.

Chapter 16, Verse 16

The spirits gathered the kings at the place that is called Armageddon in Hebrew.

Cliffs that were once submerged now reveal pre-Christian tombs built into the rock face.

No pictures yet.
            LOL! If the Euphrates contained a mountain of Gold, youd see alot more muslims learning to swim!

Comment

Iraq marshes drought

In Revelation 16:12, it is prophesied that the Euphrates will dry up in preparation for the Battle of Armageddon: "And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."

In today's headline:

Drought threatens 'Garden of Eden' marshes in Iraq.

The way is being prepared day by day and our redemption is near! Maranatha.....please Lord Jesus, all nature is groaning.

Comment

In Genesis when the Lord lifts up the waters from the earth and creates the firmament something strange happens.
                First off we know that the Lord withholds his approval on this day for some reason.
                (And God saw that it was Good)
                For some reason he does not say this on the second day.
                Why?
                Some bible scholars think it is because when the waters were lifted up it allowed those imprisoned in the earth to escape somehow.(Demons and fallen angels)
                ANd this is why God refused to say that it was good.
                Because when they came out they flooded into the air where their leader satan is ruler.(Prince of the power of the air)
                Anyway.

Their is something strange about water.
                It has some unique properties.
                It is possible that water acts as a barrier to evil spirit beings.
                this is all conjecture of coarse i have no proof of this.

But it is strange that 4 angels could be held captive inside this river only to be released when it is dried up.

Now the Euphrates River could go dry by natural means of coarse.
                But we know that some nations have built Dam's that they could use to dry it up very very rapidly.

I do think this all ties into end time prophecy.
                things like these 4 angels being loosed as well as the 200 million man army that descends on the mid east in the end times.

O and by the way.
                I think their may be a good chance that we are living in the end times...lol

Here is link to article.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=102184336

or just check the news archives on Khouse.org

Comment

You betcha things are happening... Thanks for the post! Come Lord Jesus!!!
                  See you on the Battlefield,

Comment

Originally posted by Caver View Post
                    Yep, so the huge army can pass through....but I think its a little early in the time line for that.....I think...
                    Amphibious armoured vehicles could pass.

Comment

any and all endtimes teaching in Islam is borrowed/stolen from Christianity. Any other thing they say is from Satan. Do give it any merit.
                      lost sheep found

Comment

Could the Ataturk Dam really dry the Euphrates River ??

This was something I read about Grant Jeffrey's theory about how the Euphrates could be dried in the modern day !! Is this possible ?? I have a video of the dam, but I can't post it.

Revelation 16:12 The sixth angel poured his bowl on the great Euphrates River. Its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the east.

An army of 200 million led by "the kings from the east" will march across Asia toward Israel during the Tribulation, Revelation 16:12 indicates that this army will be held up at the Euphrates River until its water is suddenly dried up, enabling them to cross and proceed to the Valley of Armageddon.

Throughout history the Euphrates River has been an impenetrable military barrier between East and West. However, the government of Turkey recently constructed the huge Ataturk Dam that can now dam up the waters of the Euphrates for the first time in history.

The Chinese government has spent enormous sums and expanded the lives of hundreds of thousands of construction workers building a military super-highway across Asia heading directly toward Israel. This highway has no economic purpose and no foreigners are allowed anywhere near this road.

The highway has been completed through the south of China, Tibet, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. This curious prophecy about "the way of the kings of the east" is being fulfilled in the 1990s setting the stage for the final battle of this age.

==================================================

Joel Rosenberg July 15, 2009

EUPHRATES RIVER DRYING UP: New York Times notes connection to Book of Revelation and the End Times

The front page of Tuesday morning’s New York Times had a stunning headline: “Iraq Suffers as the Euphrates River Dwindles.”

The drying up of this historic river in the land of ancient Babylon is so stunning, that even the Times had to note that Bible prophecy says this will happen in the “last days” of history, in the lead up to the apocalyptic battle of Armageddon described in the Book of Revelation.

Excerpts from the Times story: “Throughout the marshes, the reed gatherers, standing on land they once floated over, cry out to visitors in a passing boat. ‘Maaku mai!’ they shout, holding up their rusty sickles. ‘There is no water!’ The Euphrates is drying up. Strangled by the water policies of Iraq’s neighbors, Turkey and Syria; a two-year drought; and years of misuse by Iraq and its farmers, the river is significantly smaller than it was just a few years ago. Some officials worry that it could soon be half of what it is now. The shrinking of the Euphrates, a river so crucial to the birth of civilization that the Book of Revelation prophesied its drying up as a sign of the end times, has decimated farms along its banks, has left fishermen impoverished and has depleted riverside towns as farmers flee to the cities looking for work.” [More photos of the drying-up Euphrates from the NYT.]

Please note that I did not add in the link above to the “Bible Gateway” website for Revelation 16:12. The Times’ online edition includes that link themselves. Apparently the newspaper of record now believes that the future of Iraq in light of Bible prophecy is part of “all the news that’s fit to print.”

To be clear, we will not see the complete fulfillment of Revelation 16 until during the seven-year period of judgment and bloodshed that the Bible calls the “Tribulation.” Indeed, it is possible that we will see the drought end and the Lord bless Iraq with abundant water in the coming years that will make the prophecy cited seem all that more dramatic in its proper time. Only time will tell. But it’s certainly another curious development.

I’d recommend skeptics stay tuned. This is just the beginning of the dramatic headlines to come.

Comment

I believe it can. The water levels are already at a all time low in parts of the Euphrates.

Comment

Having seen it, I would say, yes.

Comment

The river is already drying up as stated above, so perhaps when the time comes they just decide to finish the job with the dam to make way for the armies??

Comment

Here is an excellent link to the Ataturk Dam and also the surrounding area's.
                                http://www.adiyamanli.org/ataturk_dam.htm
                                Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X