Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeb Bush Charged Parents' Church $50,000 For Speech; Houston Church Paid More Than Most Corporations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeb Bush Charged Parents' Church $50,000 For Speech; Houston Church Paid More Than Most Corporations

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-cap...e-most-2121814

After leaving the Florida governorship, Jeb Bush often commanded tens of thousands of dollars for speaking engagements. Some of his bigger checks were signed by major corporations, private universities with considerable endowments, overseas business conferences -- and a church in Houston frequented for more than 50 years by his parents, former U.S. President George H.W. Bush and former first lady Barbara Bush.

The former Florida governor charged one of his highest fees to St. Martin's Episcopal Church last year for a Sept. 30 event, according to a financial disclosure form with the Federal Election Commission. The fee of $50,000 was his fifth-highest rate in 2014 of 43 events stateside.

Those fees must be negotiated in advance. I can't imagine paying any politician to hear them speak. I don't understand the whole thing about paying massive amounts to politicians... unless it's money for expected favors.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

A whole political gambit. It's unbelievable. Well, maybe not.

Just like Hillary. "Dead broke" she was, but hubby was drawing a $400,000 / yr pension with SS security paid by taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
        Those fees must be negotiated in advance. I can't imagine paying any politician to hear them speak. I don't understand the whole thing about paying massive amounts to politicians... unless it's money for expected favors.
        Pure speculation here as I really have no idea, but maybe it is a way to skirt the campaign finance laws. A legal way to get money to the person.

I'm with you, I couldn't see paying a dime for a politician to speak!

Comment

I'm sure many of us might think about paying politicians to shut up, especially Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeWarpWife View Post
            I'm sure many of us might think about paying politicians to shut up, especially Obama.
            That thought did cross my mind. Those would be interesting headlines... "University X Pays hillary a 200K Honorarium to Stay Away From the Campus"
            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by TimeWarpWife View Post

Comment

Ha. Jeb Bush had a young woman try to embarrass Trump.

Now, the cat is out of the bag. She's been deleting her stuff but it is way too late. Somebody couldn't figure out why some of us don't like Jeb. This is reason #147 or so.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...taunting_trump

Comment

Church paid $50k to hear

...Jeb Bush talk

So, knowing the elder Bush promoted the NWO, the younger Bush for dividing Israel, perhaps this church has other issues as well....

Comment

Yeah, no kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by M4EVERHIS View Post
                      Church paid $50k to hear

...Jeb Bush talk

So, knowing the elder Bush promoted the NWO, the younger Bush for dividing Israel, perhaps this church has other issues as well....
                      +1

Comment

I just want to know if Jeb had to say at any point, "Please clap."

Comment

Originally posted by Reason&Hope View Post
                          I just want to know if Jeb had to say at any point, "Please clap."
                          Excellent!
                          John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Can you imagine a ‘church’ taking their tithes and offerings to pay for such claptrap?

Comment

It is a payoff. Bill Clinton got a $500,000 for a speech he made in Russia a few years ago, and Hillery was getting $200,000-$250,000 for a number of her speeches to various gulf states and Goldman Saches.

Comment

Working...
                              X