Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andy C View Post
    We do not ever have to accept gay marriage, but as long as it is the law of the land, we do have to follow that. The whole homosexual agenda is wrong, and certainly goes against scripture. IMO, it will not hurt me, or change who or what I am in Christ. Then laws of our government we are commanded to follow. Those laws we don't like we can try and change.

Im so thankful that Salvation is not based on my behavior. Those that struggle with who Jesus is, and what he taught, and what the authors wrote in scripture through guidance from the Holy Spirit, they will be judged, but not by me.
    The only time we are to go against the law is when it goes against God, as we are to obey God rather than man. We are to live in peace with everyone, as long as we are able, but that doesn't mean we get to bow the knee to Baal if ordered to do so. Not saying that is what you mean, just clarifying for readers.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• Thank you Kliska, but can you explain Roman 13

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

What I was trying to say is we Christians do not have to like the law, or any other questionable law, but we are required to follow it. I do not support any law that affirms any part of the social agenda of the homosexuals.

Bottom line to me is God knows my heart, and what I believe, and who I follow. Again, I'm glad my Salvation is not based on my behavior, but on what I believe, and how I live in faith.
      Galatians 2: 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Comment

What I was trying to say is we Christians do not have to like the law, or any other questionable law, but we are required to follow it. I do not support any law that affirms any part of the social agenda of the homosexuals.
        1) Treat People well. Do business with them as People.
        2) Don't 'celebrate' the bits you know you shouldn't.

Point 2) was the point of the law, but the left did their best to change the point.
        The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
        Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
        (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Concur Hootman. The left will always try and force their beliefs upon us.

Voting has consequences
          Galatians 2: 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Comment

Thank you Kliska, but can you explain Roman 13

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

Bottom line to me is God knows my heart, and what I believe, and who I follow. Again, I'm glad my Salvation is not based on my behavior, but on what I believe, and how I live in faith.
            We are not required to obey immoral law; see Daniel for example. If there is a law that we must bow down to a statue of Buddha, we don't obey. Acts 5:26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned. 27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. 29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

If God has given commandment, we are to follow it above any other law. It is the same with husbands and wives. If a husband commands his wife to perform immorality, the wife is to say no. If our government commands us to perform immorality, we are to say no. Just as there were righteous Germans who said no to Hitler. There is a hierarchy for sure, but God trumps all.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• I was reading one of the Rapture Ready page articles, and it was talking about the florist, Barronelle Stutzman, who is currently fighting a lawsuit from her state's attorney general, as well as the gay couple whose wedding she wouldn't service. I admire her very much. I hope that if I were to find myself in the same situation, I would also be strong and of good courage, just like she is. What a great witness she is for Jesus. She faces the possibility of losing everything she owns, including her reputation, but she is standing strong. Her letter to the attorney general is a powerful one. She refuses to pay the fine they are "graciously" offering her as an alternative, and has compared it to following in the footsteps of Judas, who sold his Lord for 30 pieces of silver. You go, Barronelle!{mod snip}
              Last edited by Kliska; April 11th, 2015, 06:43 AM. Reason: Sorry, no soliciitng of funds, or linking to such
              Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

• Thanks again Kliska, as you are causing me to re-think. The below link is from got questions

http://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Comment

• Christians 'must be made' to embrace gay lifestyle
                  Substitute 'Muslims' for 'Christians' and publish that, NYT
                  The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                  Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                  (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by madcat View Post
                    Wow, in effect, you just described how Jesus said things would be in the last days ! "Dark is light, and light is dark". Couldn't describe any better how right and wrong have completely flip-flopped. Many articles have been written, some on this web site by very credible authors, regarding the "status" of those who profess to be Christian, in relation to their staunch support of the gay lifestyle, and other social issues that God has plainly said are abominable in His sight. God also says "if you are not for me, then you are against me".
                    So my question is, how do you approach even those in your own church, who whole-heartedly support un-Godly issues and people? What I have noticed is that no one wants to acknowledge the 500 pound gorilla in the room, and just "avoid" any conversations that would cause an unpleasant reaction. When I first joined my church, I distinctly remember being told "be careful what you say to "so and so", They are strong supporters of EVERYTHING within the Democratic party realm. I don't understand that mentality. My mother was a wise enough to see through the liberal agenda when she was 84, and that was even with some mild dementia ! She even left the Methodist church at 84, because of their stance against Israel, and their condoning of the gay issue. I can't help myself sometimes in S.S., when speaking up for the commandments of God is the obvious thing to do, yet knowing I am going to step on some toes ! I suppose we just try to reiterate what God says is acceptable on any given issue, and let the chips fall where they may ? Time is short, and the verse about Jesus saying "depart from me, I never knew you" really weighs heavily on me when I read a comment about "Christians" accepting gay marriage.

It is the truth, isn't it? I just shake my head as the world continues to spiral down into evil and darkness, the entire time calling it good and light.

I think it's good that you voice your beliefs at your church. I do the same. For a very long time after being saved, I just completely got off of Facebook because I found that it had become too much a part of my life, that it was a stumbling block to me, that I was drawn into the drama and would end up just arguing with people, sinking to their level in their personal attacks against me and attacking them back. That wasn't right for me to do. So I just completely stopped.

I've been getting on occasionally again onto facebook recently. Only now I voice my belief or opinion. And when the personal attacks inevitably come, I just stay silent and don't bother to respond. I've voiced my belief and for anyone who wants to read it, contemplate it, maybe and hopefully even pursue a relationship with and give their heart to Christ, they can do that. Or they can make fun of and hate me. I don't care.

And so I think that it's good to voice our beliefs and then just stop. Don't engage in argument and don't let them get to you personally in their attacks against you or what you believe. After we state what it is that we believe, the best we can do is be silent and pray for them. Pray for Jesus to change their heart, as He is the only one who can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                      Substitute 'Muslims' for 'Christians' and publish that, NYT
                      Not only would that not fit their agenda, the spineless cowards at the New York Times wouldn't have the nerve.
                      sigpic
                      Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• I'll embrace the Christian lifestyle God has set before me. A walk with Him and His Holy Word. ing for them and that they will know Our Lords Love as well.

Comment

• I honestly think most of the churches in America will cave. My pastor made a declaration in our church stating all we believe which also included the true definition of marriage.. 1 man 1 woman and he was ridiculed by all but 3 pastors of other churches. My area has 102 churches. 3 out of 102 agreed with him. Make that 101 counting our own church. Out of all of them.. a dozen probably teach the full truth including repentance. The rest are touchy feely.. make everyone happy so they can go home happy. My church is far from perfect... but the leaders have stood and declared over and over we will not accept that lifestyle. Even if it means jail, fines or death. But only if we face it will we know. It's easy to talk.. but can we walk too.
                          Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good.

Comment

• Originally posted by twisty58 View Post
                            We will not be "made" or forced to accept godlessness. We WILL stand with our Lord even to the point of losing our lives.
                            Amen
                            Peace, love, life, and kindness to ALL of God's Creatures

Comment

• Originally posted by Florian9 View Post
                              Exactly! And if the "left" thinks we'll accept it quietly and peacefully...they'll be in for quite a surprise. Some Christians may disagree with that, but where do you draw the line? What's the point of saying you stand with the Lord when you just sit there and take it. I won't be told to accept anything from Satan's children.

Christ said there was a cost to follow Him. We may all be tested here shortly.
                              Amen

Comment

• Originally posted by sherrid View Post
                                I'll embrace the Christian lifestyle God has set before me. A walk with Him and His Holy Word. ing for them and that they will know Our Lords Love as well.
                                And Amen

Come quickly Lord and give us strength to proclaim Your Truth before we're brought Home

Comment

Working...
                                X