Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm registered as Republican, but probably should change it to Independent also.

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh (I think it was) or could have been Savage Nation (not sure because when I'm in my car I have it on some conservative talk show station). They were saying, basically, how messed up our political system is here in the US, with just the two parties to choose from. And how people who vote Independent are said to be just 'throwing their vote away'. They were saying that it shouldn't be like that, and that people should vote for who aligns most with what they believe in, regardless if that person is not a representative of Democrat or Republican. They were saying that it is ridiculous to vote for someone you don't want in office, just because you know if you vote otherwise that your vote 'won't count'.

I tend to agree with that. If enough people just quit voting according to the one or the other (the two main parties), and voted as to whom they truly felt would best represent America, then we would eventually get to the point to where an Independent might actually win an election. As it stands now, we are told, just vote Republican, because if you vote Independent you might as well be giving your vote to the Democrats because your lack of voting Republican will cause them to win.

I get it, the mentality of only having 2 choices, and so voting for some other 3rd would be like wasting your vote. But the idea of it seems ridiculous to me also (just like the radio host was saying that it was). Why vote for someone you don't want in office just so the 'really' evil one doesn't win? People in general have gone along with this 2 party voting system for years and years, and no matter who is running, they pick between Democrat or Republican. I do it too. It seems though, that by doing so we are just becoming complacent in the system which has been set before us, and truly, both choices are wrong, both choices are just puppets. Behind closed doors, the Bush's and Clinton's are besties. They are all part of the 'one world' thing, they are both controlled by the people behind the scenes (who really run things, no matter what party wins) with all the money.

If enough of us would change our way of thinking, do our research, and vote for the person whose beliefs and values we most align with, maybe, just maybe, we could get into office someone who truly deserves to be there. Instead of being complacent in it all and just voting for 'the lesser evil'.

I don't know. It's confusing. And as it looks now, there very well be another Bush on the Republican ticket for the next election. And then probably Hilary for the Democrats. I really don't want either one of them in office. But I'll probably end up voting for Bush (or whoever ends on the Republican ticket), just because I don't want to 'throw my vote away'. Where as I should vote for neither, I should vote for an Independent. There is no right or wrong answer. Just thinking. And confusing myself even more than I already was.

Comment

• This is certainly a disturbing, but not surprising, article. The casual and wide acceptance of other lifestyle 'choices' is one of the marks of a society getting ready to plummet.
      Couple that with the millions of innocent lives who have been taken (by their own mothers) through abortion is another strong reason we are ripe for God's judgment.
      Together with the two named above, imho, the main reason we are getting ready for extreme judgement in US is our lack of support for Israel. America is not defending God's chosen nation. These three issues become my litmus test when deciding how to vote, but I know that as a nation, no matter who gets elected, we are heading down, due to turning away from God. in every area of life. So, rather than look at the symptoms and complain, maybe we need to look at the underlying cause of all this. Men's hearts are cold and most people don't want to submit to His rightful authority in their lives.
      sigpic
      -Lynn

Comment

• I've made my mind up these past few years that I am no longer going to vote for any of these public voting pumping clowns all they want is our votes to bolster ones self power.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimothyK View Post
          I honestly would not object if homosexual civil unions/whatever new word they want to call this were recognized to be in equal standing with those who are married and share the same benefits in the eyes of the law. That's fair.
          Fair? Homosexual acts should be outlawed as they once were not condoned.... and definitely not condoned by Christians even using our laws as a way to do so.

I cannot agree with what you wrote.

If I am to vote for someone they cannot support any kind of homosexual agenda or abortion. If they do there is no way I would ever vote for him/her.... ever. I don't care if that leaves me with no one to vote for. I would never support anyone who supports those two despicable acts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappi View Post
            Fair? Homosexual acts should be outlawed as they once were not condoned.... and definitely not condoned by Christians even using our laws as a way to do so.

I cannot agree with what you wrote.

If I am to vote for someone they cannot support any kind of homosexual agenda or abortion. If they do there is no way I would ever vote for him/her.... ever. I don't care if that leaves me with no one to vote for. I would never support anyone who supports those two despicable acts.
            You're comparing apples to oranges here. They're not the same thing. Homosexuality is a sexual deviancy, a sexual sin according to our faith. It is not equatable to murder.

You're right to oppose the murder of children (or murder in general) with your vote, but we can't honestly do anything about what other consenting individuals decide to do with their bodies.

The culture has already been lost in this regard. There is literally no opposition (that isn't blatantly homophobic or slanted toward that end) to this within the secular culture of America.

To approach it on this ground is to lose. Stand first instead with your faith, with Christ. Defend what marriage means and has always meant so that lawmakers and ambulance chasers can't use or otherwise redefine words at their leisure to use against you.

The culture in this regard is a battlefield that we have to return to later when we get our house in order. Our faith and our right to enforce what it is according to the Bible is the more important fight to win.

Marriage has always meant in Christianity and all of the old religious faiths one man and one woman.

If you let them redefine that by squabbling over the culture that we lost a long time ago, you allow them to legally (and erroneously) reinterpret our Bible to include their definition of marriage.

In the face of that, it is better to allow monogamous homosexual legal standing within the law equatable with what married couples enjoys, with the caveat that what they have is not a religious recognition according to several faiths.

Don't let them call it a marriage when our Bible is clear that it is not. This is the fight we need to win in this debacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiffanybw View Post
              I'm registered as Republican, but probably should change it to Independent also.

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh (I think it was) or could have been Savage Nation (not sure because when I'm in my car I have it on some conservative talk show station). They were saying, basically, how messed up our political system is here in the US, with just the two parties to choose from. And how people who vote Independent are said to be just 'throwing their vote away'. They were saying that it shouldn't be like that, and that people should vote for who aligns most with what they believe in, regardless if that person is not a representative of Democrat or Republican. They were saying that it is ridiculous to vote for someone you don't want in office, just because you know if you vote otherwise that your vote 'won't count'.

I tend to agree with that. If enough people just quit voting according to the one or the other (the two main parties), and voted as to whom they truly felt would best represent America, then we would eventually get to the point to where an Independent might actually win an election. As it stands now, we are told, just vote Republican, because if you vote Independent you might as well be giving your vote to the Democrats because your lack of voting Republican will cause them to win.

I get it, the mentality of only having 2 choices, and so voting for some other 3rd would be like wasting your vote. But the idea of it seems ridiculous to me also (just like the radio host was saying that it was). Why vote for someone you don't want in office just so the 'really' evil one doesn't win? People in general have gone along with this 2 party voting system for years and years, and no matter who is running, they pick between Democrat or Republican. I do it too. It seems though, that by doing so we are just becoming complacent in the system which has been set before us, and truly, both choices are wrong, both choices are just puppets. Behind closed doors, the Bush's and Clinton's are besties. They are all part of the 'one world' thing, they are both controlled by the people behind the scenes (who really run things, no matter what party wins) with all the money.

If enough of us would change our way of thinking, do our research, and vote for the person whose beliefs and values we most align with, maybe, just maybe, we could get into office someone who truly deserves to be there. Instead of being complacent in it all and just voting for 'the lesser evil'.

I don't know. It's confusing. And as it looks now, there very well be another Bush on the Republican ticket for the next election. And then probably Hilary for the Democrats. I really don't want either one of them in office. But I'll probably end up voting for Bush (or whoever ends on the Republican ticket), just because I don't want to 'throw my vote away'. Where as I should vote for neither, I should vote for an Independent. There is no right or wrong answer. Just thinking. And confusing myself even more than I already was.
              That's a pipe dream, looks great on paper. It doesn't work though. Rush Limbaugh is a pretty smart guy but he's off the mark on this.

The only consistent official independent president that the US has ever had in all of it's history... was George Washington. There are a few independent senators, representatives, and governors that pop up now and then.

But never a president. Consider that. There is a right and a wrong answer, but it's not often as black or white as you would expect it to be. Life rarely is.

Comment

• Okay, here's the thing, plain and simple: America will NOT be saved. The rot is too deep, and is too far gone. Let's say we get a Republican as our next President. So what? Will gays suddenly become un-gay, will the children they've adopted be taken from them and placed back in the system, will citizens turn from greed and hedonism, will the hyper-sexualization of children suddenly cease, will the power brokers who run the nation be outed for the greedy scoundrels they are and be booted from their positions, will ANY of these things transpire? I think we know the answer.

So am I saying to not vote? Of course not. Even though I dumped my Republican party affiliation yeas ago, I still go to the polls every election and vote my conscience, although that usually means a write-in; too many good men and women have died in some of the worst places on earth to buy me that right. But I'm realist enough to know that, at age 63, the America I know as a kid is gone, and will not return. The only One who can set things right is Jesus, and I pray He's coming soon.

In the meantime I pray and work and witness for Him. That's the best I can do.
                John Robinson

Scribe

Comment

You're comparing apples to oranges here. They're not the same thing. Homosexuality is a sexual deviancy, a sexual sin according to our faith. It is not equatable to murder.

You're right to oppose the murder of children (or murder in general) with your vote, but we can't honestly do anything about what other consenting individuals decide to do with their bodies.

The culture has already been lost in this regard. There is literally no opposition (that isn't blatantly homophobic or slanted toward that end) to this within the secular culture of America.

To approach it on this ground is to lose. Stand first instead with your faith, with Christ. Defend what marriage means and has always meant so that lawmakers and ambulance chasers can't use or otherwise redefine words at their leisure to use against you.

The culture in this regard is a battlefield that we have to return to later when we get our house in order. Our faith and our right to enforce what it is according to the Bible is the more important fight to win.

Marriage has always meant in Christianity and all of the old religious faiths one man and one woman.

If you let them redefine that by squabbling over the culture that we lost a long time ago, you allow them to legally (and erroneously) reinterpret our Bible to include their definition of marriage.

In the face of that, it is better to allow monogamous homosexual legal standing within the law equatable with what married couples enjoys, with the caveat that what they have is not a religious recognition according to several faiths.

Don't let them call it a marriage when our Bible is clear that it is not. This is the fight we need to win in this debacle.
                  Agree with you on this TimK.

Comment

• God's example: In Sodom and Gomorrah their were "2" camps of people, those who tolerated homosexuality and those who participated in it. Lot could not find even "10" righteous in order for God to spare the cities. They were both destroyed. Man cannot push me in this regard. If this is the issue that gets my head chopped off then so be it.

Be at peace in God's word.
                    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

:snoopy

Comment

That's a pipe dream, looks great on paper. It doesn't work though. Rush Limbaugh is a pretty smart guy but he's off the mark on this.

The only consistent official independent president that the US has ever had in all of it's history... was George Washington. There are a few independent senators, representatives, and governors that pop up now and then.

But never a president. Consider that. There is a right and a wrong answer, but it's not often as black or white as you would expect it to be. Life rarely is.
                      Yeah, I understand and I do get it. And you are right.... a pipe dream. The political system in this country is not likely to change soon. I wish it would, that there would be a chance of an Independent making it into the presidential office, but it's not likely to happen. And so I'll keep on voting Republican because I don't want to 'waste' my vote (even though I live in MD and seems our state always goes to the Democrats). I don't have to like it though. I do wish that things would change.

Comment

• Originally posted by In Christ View Post
                        God's example: In Sodom and Gomorrah their were "2" camps of people, those who tolerated homosexuality and those who participated in it. Lot could not find even "10" righteous in order for God to spare the cities. They were both destroyed. Man cannot push me in this regard. If this is the issue that gets my head chopped off then so be it.

Be at peace in God's word.
                        It was God who could not find even 10 righteous people that He might have spared those cities, after Abraham had humbly pleaded with Him for several times.

This is in addition to the almost 1000 years God had given Sodom and Gomorrah time to change, repent. They waxed worse. God was under no obligation, but saw fit to evacuate and spare Lot and his family from the long due judgement that was to come.

Lot lived in Sodom. I imagine he had to tolerate quite a lot of homosexual shenanigans. Near a 1000 years worth of a culture that would not change. Lot was not destroyed. Your two camps example there kind of falls apart.

I get what you're trying to say, but you're wrong. Judgement will always come at the appropriate time but those who sincerely love God and seek after Him will always be given an out, even if the rest of the world has to burn.

Matthew 13:24-30
                        Another parable He set forth before them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while he was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed also darnel (weeds resembling wheat) among the wheat, and went on his way.

So when the plants sprouted and formed grain, the darnel (weeds) appeared also.

And the servants of the owner came to him and said, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Then how does it have darnel shoots in it? He replied to them, An enemy has done this. The servants said to him, Then do you want us to go and weed them out?

But he said, No, lest in gathering the wild wheat (weeds resembling wheat), you root up the [true] wheat along with it.

Let them grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will say to the reapers, Gather the darnel first and bind it in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my granary.

Comment

• Very Respectfully Tim... Thanks for correcting me. However, I stand pat, I will not appease the gays, I will stand strong in God's words the best I can. We can agree to disagree on this one.
                          The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• No surrender, no apologies, no compromise, no alternatives..............Bible believing, born-again, obedient Christians should NOT accept gay marriage or advocate it being accepted by our government or anyone else. Right is never wrong and sin is always sin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                              No surrender, no apologies, no compromise, no alternatives..............Bible believing, born-again, obedient Christians should NOT accept gay marriage or advocate it being accepted by our government or anyone else. Right is never wrong and sin is always sin.

Amen!!

Comment

• We're living in an Age of Grace where God is calling out to all of the world to come to Him, to repent and be saved because a day of judgment is coming.

That call is also for the homosexual offender. Judgment is coming, but what is offered right now in this dispensation is mercy. Forgiveness and reconciliation with God by the finished work of Jesus Christ. Repent.

Unless of course you refuse to recognize there is a problem, if you think you're perfectly fine, proud of yourself even... I don't suppose much can change your mind, can it? Because that is what God will require. A change of mind. Repentance.

You're not fine. You have a big problem and it's nothing to be proud of.

But it's understandable. Only ignorant and/or hypocritical people can criticize those who struggle with homosexual feelings as though they might be a perfect virgin.

If you've ever struggled with sexual sin of any kind, you have no moral high ground to look down your nose at those who struggle with homosexuality.

To the struggling and unsure homosexual:
                                Your sin is no greater than any other sexual sin. Your sin is no greater or worse than the heterosexual who struggles with sexual sin. All people have a weakness or are especially susceptible to one sin or another.

Many people have several. Homosexual desires are one among many. There is nothing new under the sun. Sexual sin is especially heavy to deal with because of how we're wired as human beings.

Sin corrupts what is supposed to be a wonderful thing about us. God was patient in the past and God is patient now.

God can help you and God can forgive you of this. God is no more angry with the homosexual offender than He is the heterosexual adulterer. Might as well be the same thing. What God is searching for is a contrite and repentant heart.

Will you seek Him and repent? Or won't you? That's up to you. But if you will seek Jesus Christ and repent, God Himself swears He will not turn you away.

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                                No surrender, no apologies, no compromise, no alternatives..............Bible believing, born-again, obedient Christians should NOT accept gay marriage or advocate it being accepted by our government or anyone else. Right is never wrong and sin is always sin.
                                So you would suffer to risk pulling up the wheat with the tares in your effort to eliminate the tares?

It's not about appeasement or compromise, and certainly not surrender or apology. It's about picking your fights. When you go to battle, do you allow the enemy the high ground and take the field downwind for yourself?

If you approach it from this angle, you will not win and the law will change the definition of marriage no matter how you feel about it. At this point in time the definition of marriage is what needs to be defended.

I'm not saying to apologize, to compromise, or surrender. I'm saying to win this particular fight, or all else is in vain. Homosexuals are going to get together no matter what.

It's already been happening and is approved of in several places in America already.

That can be as something separate from our faith or you can permit the secular court to tell you what our Bible says. I myself would not suffer the later.

That's something we need to fight for, not what unrepentant homosexuals do with themselves. It's not our problem. They can have equality in the law. They can't tell us what our Bible says though.

Comment

Working...
                                X