Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jbo View Post
    What I don't understand is how we are losing this fight when the LGBT population in America is approximately 4% ????...
    Originally posted by twisty58 View Post
    And political correction is a sly cover-up of what is true.
    I think we are seeing the formation of Biblical delusion as described in 2 Thess 2:11 There are many on the board that have lived many years... this change is too fast, too sudden and too complete to "just" be a cultural shift. There is a manager behind the scenes of this play... the ruler of the earth. His actions are now being allowed by God.

In my lifetime I have seen this confrontation change and go through the 5 stages listed above. We are now in a full fledged war between good and evil. It is that simple. The debased are happy with their sin, they flaunt it, and they reinforce each other. We are being progressively isolated. Our out is revival or rapture. God will not change His plan and bestow mercy without repentance.
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Comment

• Alabama Supreme Court Halts Gay Marriage Licenses

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/a...riage-29369337

Thank God that some state officials have the courage to do the right thing.

Comment

• Exactly Right

Originally posted by ALS6347 View Post
        That's a very good question. How can such a small number of people have such a profound effect on our country?

We have to remember that this is much more than a political battle. We are told by God in the Bible that we wrestle not against flesh but against principalities and powers of darkness.

Ten years ago one state (Massachusetts) allowed gay marriage and now gay marriage has been forced on two thirds of the states by ungodly judges. In a few months the US Supreme Court will force gay marriage on all of the states.

Satan hates mankind and he will do everything possible to increse our suffering. He wants to destroy the family unit created by God and the homosexual agenda is part of his plan to do that.
        Satan wants to pervert the family unit. It is a picture of Christ and His Church, and Satan hates it.

Comment

• 300+ GOP urge Supreme Court to Recognize Gay Marriage

More Than 300 Republicans Call on Supreme Court to Recognize Gay Marriage Nationally

http://time.com/3734626/gay-marriage...t-republicans/

I'm pretty sure the US is doomed...

Comment

• Well.....maybe its just time to disappear......

Comment

• ... and so we wake up one day and find ourselves strangers in a strange land. It is not like our Saviour didn't tell us that that is how it is going to be. We are in the process of being abandoned just like the world abandoned Israel, the world is now abandoning Christians and Christian values.

...be prepared to spiritually commune on a small scale and in secret. It is coming. God will not be mocked.
              "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Comment

• Originally posted by macrohard View Post
                Well.....maybe its just time to disappear......

Wait I'll join you!!
                Psalms 62:6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken

Comment

• The only flaw I see in this is calling it a 'marriage'. It is not a marriage according to Christianity or any of the old religious faiths. If it isn't condemned outright, the title of marriage is never bestowed on such couplings.

Why is the court trying to mandate this "calling a duck a chicken" change against the religious faith of the people? Why is the court trying to force this on our faith? This is my complaint.

I honestly would not object if homosexual civil unions/whatever new word they want to call this were recognized to be in equal standing with those who are married and share the same benefits in the eyes of the law. That's fair.

This is the world we live in. Fine. But you can't force people of faith to recognize these couplings as a 'marriage'. It is not. No matter how you spin it, a truck is not a train and a train is not a truck.

They are different things. They can both coexist at the train crossing. One passes, then the other. But they should never intersect.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigMoose View Post
                    ... and so we wake up one day and find ourselves strangers in a strange land. It is not like our Saviour didn't tell us that that is how it is going to be. We are in the process of being abandoned just like the world abandoned Israel, the world is now abandoning Christians and Christian values.

...be prepared to spiritually commune on a small scale and in secret. It is coming. God will not be mocked.
                    Christian persecution in this country (USA) is here. We are quickly being singled out. What easier way to eliminate Christian freedom then to write law that opposes God's word. Tonight I am in a state of shock over the state of society. But there is a hope in me that rises and shines, it screams out like no other, and places immense peace on my heart and soul... His name is Jesus, and he will be calling us home soon... All glory be to God the Father, Jesus the son and the Holy spirit our helper at all times... Lord come quickly, we reach out to you Lord, take us home and leave this world to the judgement God has reserved for it... in Jesus name Amen...
                    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

:snoopy

Comment

• I saw my senator's name listed as a supporter in that article. I guess I need to register as an Independent or N/A if we have another election, because I don't want my name associated with either party any more. They're all a bunch of traitors as far as I'm concerned.
                      Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

• Originally posted by Haeddre View Post
                        I saw my senator's name listed as a supporter in that article. I guess I need to register as an Independent or N/A if we have another election, because I don't want my name associated with either party any more. They're all a bunch of traitors as far as I'm concerned.
                        Politicians can't change the culture. They never could. By going an irrelevant third party or nothing at all, you concede to the greater evil. We're to resist that as much as it depends on us.

But the culture in America isn't something politicians have direct control over. If you want to be upset over the sexual immorality and corruption within our culture, blame the liberal social leftists and their lobbyists in entertainment, education, and the arts.

If you control all that, you will have a great deal of control over a society's culture. And that's where we're at.

Share that anger liberally with the conservative right for thinking politicians can fix cultural corruption and offering no real resistance or counter to the liberal social leftist domination in these places.

The church as well for being asleep at the wheel in discernment, Biblical exegesis and apologetics, and general lacking in guiding it's children in the ways of God.

People who are supposed to be Christians, aren't doing what Christians are supposed to do.

Where we are at in this point and time, it's imperative that we defend what marriage actually means and not worry so much what homosexuals want to do with themselves.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
                        When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that.

I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.

It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”

Comment

• @TimothyK: I didn't say I wasn't going to vote or align with an irrelevant party. I just don't want to be categorized as a Republican anymore. I'm a Christian Constitutional Conservative, and I will continue to vote as closely as I can according to my beliefs. My allegiance is to God and the Constitution. I will continue to stand up for what is right in the ways I'm able to.

As far as my anger goes, I sure do spread it around to those you mentioned. As each day passes, I realize just how estranged I am from just about everyone and everything on this planet. I don't belong here. My spirit, mind and body are grieved to tears, and I yearn to go home where I belong.

I agree that the definition of marriage needs to be defended. I have done my part in this, and will continue to do so, whenever given the opportunity. I disagree with the homosexual lifestyle, but it's not something I judge my gay friends on. They know I'm a Christian, and so I want them to see nothing but the love of Jesus when I interact with them. I have my own faults and sins, and am blessed to be forgiven. I have no right to condemn anyone, but I will still stand up for what is right.
                          Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

• More than 300 veteran Republican lawmakers, operatives and consultants.....
                            I'd like to caution against over-reaction here. Many of these people are not elected officials but dwell in the realm of lobbyists, political aids, and special interest reps. None of the more well known names on the list {i.e. Guiliani} should be a surprise to those of us who follow politics as their liberal leanings have been on display for quite a while.

Comment

@TimothyK: I didn't say I wasn't going to vote or align with an irrelevant party. I just don't want to be categorized as a Republican anymore. I'm a Christian Constitutional Conservative, and I will continue to vote as closely as I can according to my beliefs. My allegiance is to God and the Constitution. I will continue to stand up for what is right in the ways I'm able to.

As far as my anger goes, I sure do spread it around to those you mentioned. As each day passes, I realize just how estranged I am from just about everyone and everything on this planet. I don't belong here. My spirit, mind and body are grieved to tears, and I yearn to go home where I belong.

I agree that the definition of marriage needs to be defended. I have done my part in this, and will continue to do so, whenever given the opportunity. I disagree with the homosexual lifestyle, but it's not something I judge my gay friends on. They know I'm a Christian, and so I want them to see nothing but the love of Jesus when I interact with them. I have my own faults and sins, and am blessed to be forgiven. I have no right to condemn anyone, but I will still stand up for what is right.
                              Glad to hear it.

It's just these days a lot of people are giving up. I can understand the sentiment, but our nation is worth fighting for. Our votes do matter and more Christians need to quit being apathetic, and stand a little more resolute against the tide.

These same Christians need to quit treating America like a benevolent kind of Christian theocracy and understand that our faith is a separate issue from our national allegiance. God comes first.

You can be a Christian and you can be a patriot. You make an idol of nation when you try to reconcile both in equal standing. Whatever comes will come, but our place in it as Christians is very simple.

Because God comes first, we can vote for the lesser of evils in the interest of serving God and the greater good of our nation.

Not voting for Mitt Romney over Barack Obama because Mitt Romney is a mormon is the height of this kind of nigh idolatry of a "Christian America"... so, you didn't vote for the mormon. Good job. You got Obama.

I don't think he's helping with that whole "Christian America" idol some people have set up for themselves. Now, I'm using this as an example and I'm speaking generally (and absolutely not directly at you Haeddre, you and I are in complete agreement )...

If you sat out the election over Mitt Romney's mormonism, if this is the kind of logic you used to give Obama another four years... please consider what I've said here. Please know that you're not helping our nation with this reasoning and it doesn't make sense.

Another election, God willing, is coming soon... and I can almost guarantee, none of the candidates will be Christians. Or else not very devout or sound Christians.

Even so... you, as a devout Christian, are to vote according your faith the better candidate (the least screwed up and evil) to lead our nation because by God's grace, we yet have that right.

And by so doing, you act as salt against the decay of this sin fallen world. This is what we are to do as Christians first and as thankful Americans second for regard to the men and women from then until now and onward who gave up their lives for our right to do so.

It is the very least of things we can do. Because the other side is working very hard to keep you quiet, placated, ignorant, and make that all in vain. Don't let them.
                              _____

Coming back to the OP,

It's the same deal. The America we live in now has homosexuals clamoring for equal standing in the law for something akin to what Christians and other religious faiths share in marriage.

And it's very important to define it that way. Marriage is a religious institution between a man and a woman, and it has always been defined like that. Homosexuals do not get to demand that people of faith violate their beliefs for their sake's.

Or change the definition of things willy nilly to suit their purposes and needs. That's how that works.

If this distinction can be made, that what they have is not a marriage, it's permissible to give them what they're asking in equality with regards to the law. Homosexual civil union/whatever new word they want to give themselves.

But it's not marriage. And yes it's a logistics nightmare and a can of worms in general but that's just the way that it is. That's where we're at as a nation, sadly.

What our nation wants to do with the can of worms they open by approving of this in general is up to the people. But we certainly don't need anymore Christians or churches being prosecuted because they refused to do or honor a homosexual "marriage".

This kind of distinction is absolutely necessary for a multitude of reasons, though chief of which is the sanctity of marriage and what it means and has always meant.

Comment

I saw my senator's name listed as a supporter in that article. I guess I need to register as an Independent or N/A if we have another election, because I don't want my name associated with either party any more. They're all a bunch of traitors as far as I'm concerned.
                                I went independent a couple of years ago. My voting hasn't changed... I just didn't want to be directly affiliated with a party whose actions are often quite distasteful to me. I've never donated a dime to any politician or political entity, and years ago I eschewed membership in organizations that lobby. I don't think I've ever missed a vote, though.
                                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Working...
                                X