Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I very much appreciate the people of Alabama and their officials who are saying "NO".
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Confusion in Alabama after judges defy gay marriage ruling

I'm glad to see that some judges in Alabama have the courage to defy the insane and immoral orders issued by the federal courts.

http://news.yahoo.com/confusion-alab...193125162.html

As Christians we are commanded to submit to the civil authorities. However, I believe that if the orders of civil authorities contradict the law of God that we have the right and the responsibility to defy those orders.

What are we to do now that we live in a nation where those that make the law and are supposed to enforce the law put themselves above it? They ignore not only the laws of man (such as the Constitution) but they ignore the laws of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
        I very much appreciate the people of Alabama and their officials who are saying "NO".

I agree. I just posted an article about that.

Comment

• See if you agree with this. It can apply to Islam or Homosexuality.
          Either way we are under attack.

The Five Stages of a Cultural Conquest

1. Required Tolerance
          2. Demand for Acceptance
          3. Celebration of the Change
          4. Forced Participation
          5. Punishment for Disagreement
          :fish

Comment

• What I don't understand is how we are losing this fight when the LGBT population in America is approximately 4% ????

Why is their voice so much louder when their majority if so much smaller???

Comment

• Very interesting how quickly the tide has turned on this. Not too many years ago, many states were passing defense of marriage type laws fairly easily. Now, there's a widespread rush to overturn them by whatever means necessary -- legislative or judicial. Besides the general plunge downward in so many things in this world, I think Hollywood and the media in general have stepped up their game and played a huge part in shaping attitudes and framing the discussion. They prevailing view seems to have shifted from marriage having a holy meaning or purpose to just being a civil contract between willing parties. If that's all it is, they argue, why can't anyone take part and reap the insurance and tax advantages? In the absence of some kind of absolute standard (God or his Word), that certainly makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by chj View Post
                I would not say that it is technically wrong to say that the homosexual agenda is a symptom of a luciferian doctrine. It is more politically incorrect to say that and the people who support it tries to shame you for what you believe. Political correctness is a lot of what is wrong with this country.
                Ya...political correctness, hate speech and such are just slick ways for the Godless among us to attempt to stifle the voices of Christians...and basically anybody who disagrees with them and their agenda.
                If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

John 15:19

Comment

• Originally posted by jbo View Post
                  What I don't understand is how we are losing this fight when the LGBT population in America is approximately 4% ????

I think it's more like 1 or 1 1/2%
                  Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by jbo View Post
                    What I don't understand is how we are losing this fight when the LGBT population in America is approximately 4% ????

IMO their (LGBT) voice is louder because they have the media. The media has the microphones, airwaves, etc. It's also my opinion that when the media shows a crowd of LGBT supporters, half or less are probably true supporters and the rest are there for pay, publicity, don't care, nothing better to do, you choose. I also think the crowd the media shows is photographed to make it look much larger than it really is. I could be mistaken, but I hope not.
                    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

• Originally posted by carol1948 View Post
                      IMO their (LGBT) voice is louder because they have the media. The media has the microphones, airwaves, etc. It's also my opinion that when the media shows a crowd of LGBT supporters, half or less are probably true supporters and the rest are there for pay, publicity, don't care, nothing better to do, you choose. I also think the crowd the media shows is photographed to make it look much larger than it really is. I could be mistaken, but I hope not.
                      I think you are right. Not necessarily about it being photographed to make it look larger, but about the other things. People today are sheep. They have no mind of their own. If I were wearing a blue shirt and there were 10 people, 7 of whom said my shirt wasn't blue, but red, the other 3 would agree and say it's red, just because they don't want to be seen as differing from the rest.

My opinion on it is that all the people who show up to these protests and events, they are most likely just sitting around, bored, in their houses, and like you said looking for something to do. And so when some sort of 'action' happens, some event which causes chaos such as Ferguson or some LGBT rights protest, they run as fast as they can to be a part of it. Not because they care, but because it's something to do. And they just want to be seen, period. If there are news cameras, they will be the ones walking back and forth, back and forth, behind the reporter making weird gestures and waving to the camera making fools of themselves. They could care less what it is that they are there for, they just want attention, excitement, something interesting to do. And if riots or looting break out, they will go right along with it, running into the businesses with the rest of the looters, not because they are protesting anything or trying to make a point, but because they want to see what free stuff they can steal.

Comment

• That's a very good question. How can such a small number of people have such a profound effect on our country?

We have to remember that this is much more than a political battle. We are told by God in the Bible that we wrestle not against flesh but against principalities and powers of darkness.

Ten years ago one state (Massachusetts) allowed gay marriage and now gay marriage has been forced on two thirds of the states by ungodly judges. In a few months the US Supreme Court will force gay marriage on all of the states.

Satan hates mankind and he will do everything possible to increse our suffering. He wants to destroy the family unit created by God and the homosexual agenda is part of his plan to do that.

Originally posted by jbo View Post

Comment

• Because more people believe the lie over the Truth.

AND

its hard to deny LGBT the opportunity to be happy when your 3rd wife's girlfriend is babysitting your live-in's child from her 2nd marriage.
                          It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
                            Because more people believe the lie over the Truth.

AND

its hard to deny LGBT the opportunity to be happy when your 3rd wife's girlfriend is babysitting your live-in's child from her 2nd marriage.
                            Oh my...

The modern family tree looks less like an oak and more like a Harry Lauder's walking stick every day...
                            If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

John 15:19

Comment

• I agree. And then there's the fact that most people don't go to church (church at all or a Biblically correct church) and are not believers and will not support the Bible and live the life and promote it to others. And ultimately, we live in a VERY liberal, VERY immoral, VERY relativistic time. So that means our fight is not just with the 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 percent; we are in a fight with 1 of 2 or even 3 of 4 in this country.......whether they fight back or just stay apathetic or sympathetic to this movement and do nothing.

Originally posted by carol1948 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Gideon View Post
                                See if you agree with this. It can apply to Islam or Homosexuality.
                                Either way we are under attack.

The Five Stages of a Cultural Conquest

1. Required Tolerance
                                2. Demand for Acceptance
                                3. Celebration of the Change
                                4. Forced Participation
                                5. Punishment for Disagreement
                                Reminds me of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego...
                                The Gospel of Jesus Christ

"I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

"I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

Comment

Working...
                                X