No announcement yet.

Stop. Take a Moment and Look Around....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's almost beyond human imagination to watch the News for any length of time and not see Bible prophecy scream out at us.

I am ready as well to go to be with the Lord. I cannot wait.

Comment

I am SO grateful to have found this thread, it is so encouraging to hear all of you speak of Jesus' soon return. I have been somewhat 'numb' since O won, and trying to make some sense out of it. I also had been praying for God's will to be done, and apparently this IS His will. It's funny, although I am grieved to see the downfall of the nation I love, at the same time my faith in God has been energized and I feel closer to Him than ever.

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
      Psalm 3:3

Comment

Going to be interesting when we Christians are raptured and out of here. The unsaved who voted for Obama are going to find out pretty quickly that he doesn't really love them and want what's best for all his supporters. I would venture to bet that on his narcistic rise to the "top" of the world stage, he's really not going to take many with him. Getting kicked under the bus comes to mind. No, I don't believe he's the anti-christ. I do believe the "savior" that many Americans just re-elected is going to have that smirk wiped off his face one day soon. The "revenge" word belongs to God and I am so grateful to be His child and not his enemy! Going to be quite the bumpy ride, brothers and sisters, but you know Who is driving...keep running the race until you hear His shout....then we can rest.

Comment

wonderful thread.....

My pastor said last night that although this election was a great blow to our confidence, it should serve as a reminder that when it is the darkest, the church should shine all the brighter.
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
            I understand completely. I've been there myself. I am amazed at how encouraged I am today. Make no mistake. I do believe that voters have jsut sealed the doom of our nation. But we knew we were headed in this direction. I see this as confirmation that we are a heartbeat away from God's wrath being poured out on this sinful world. And that means we are less than a heartbeat away from going home. I feel like I already mourned for this nation in 2008 until now.

Do you remember how David mourned his and Bathsheba's baby's illness while the child was still clinging to life? When the baby died, people were afraid to tell him because they believed it would send him right over the top. They were shocked when he reacted by cleaning up and dressing, not in clothes of mourning as he had been dressed, but his normal clothes. He got up and went about the things he needed to do. His time of mourning had passed. Daivid had done all he could do to petition the Lord to return his child to good health. I feel a little like David now. We prayed and we preached and we went out and cast our vote, all the time we were in mourning for this once great nation. We petitioned the Lord and we gor our answer. Now, we need to shake and wash off the ashes of mourning and put on fresh clothes. Very soon, we will receive our white robes. So, while there is still time left, let's do the work we have been called to do and trust the Lord and His sovereignty.
            Thank you for expressing this. That's how I have felt, and it is heartening to know that others feel the same way.

Comment

The fact there are so many "christians" in this so called great country should make it obvious why God allowed Obama to win. Evil won on election day. Stupidity triumphed over intelligence, madness triumphed over reason. Chaos triumphed over rule of law. Millions more will die as a result of this, and it is completely "The Church's" fault for falling away from the true faith. The country has and will continue to mock marriage.

Things could have been different, had people woken up sooner, had people made an effort to stop the murder, the genocide and every other evil, but we did nothing. And thats why Obama won again. Instead of seeing the truth, the murder, the promotion of thilth, the destruction of people's God-given rights, they prefered to see a nice husband, and a man who cares about the ones who suffered from a horrible storm. They prefered an image that looked good to the truth, and failed their responsiblity as citizens of this nation.

Anyone who claims to be a christian yet votes for evil whether it be abortion or gay marriage is not truly a Christian and does not truly know the lord. They are apostate. Apostate Christians raptured? That would be a sick joke, like if Muslims, Atheists or Mormons were raptured as well. Narrow is the path to salvation, and with an evil nation such as the US, which mocks God's laws, true morality and kills millions of the unborn every day, this nation deserves Hell, and Hell is exactly what is coming for this "Obamanation".

I recommend no longer refering to yourselves as Americans, because this is no longer(and was never really) our home.

Comment

Sorry..just angry. I never want to hear the name Barrack Obama again...

Comment

Originally posted by SwordofGeddo View Post
                  The fact there are so many "christians" in this so called great country should make it obvious why God allowed Obama to win. Evil won on election day. Stupidity triumphed over intelligence, madness triumphed over reason. Chaos triumphed over rule of law. Millions more will die as a result of this, and it is completely "The Church's" fault for falling away from the true faith. The country has and will continue to mock marriage.

Things could have been different, had people woken up sooner, had people made an effort to stop the murder, the genocide and every other evil, but we did nothing. And thats why Obama won again. Instead of seeing the truth, the murder, the promotion of thilth, the destruction of people's God-given rights, they prefered to see a nice husband, and a man who cares about the ones who suffered from a horrible storm. They prefered an image that looked good to the truth, and failed their responsiblity as citizens of this nation.

Anyone who claims to be a christian yet votes for evil whether it be abortion or gay marriage is not truly a Christian and does not truly know the lord. They are apostate. Apostate Christians raptured? That would be a sick joke, like if Muslims, Atheists or Mormons were raptured as well. Narrow is the path to salvation, and with an evil nation such as the US, which mocks God's laws, true morality and kills millions of the unborn every day, this nation deserves Hell, and Hell is exactly what is coming for this "Obamanation".

I recommend no longer refering to yourselves as Americans, because this is no longer(and was never really) our home.
                  That is one reason that I used quite some time ago saying that I was thinking Obama would win the election.This evil world needs him.

Comment

America: The Last Chain To Be Severed

I, like all of you, am shocked and appalled at Obama's reelection. Indeed, I am still very depressed about it and weep for my country. But I have also since then started to think about what it means in the long run, for us as Christians living here. For so many of us, America was, and still is (for now) the best place to live, the last best, hope for the world as far as human efforts go. We love our country so very much, which is one of the reasons we are so distraught over Tuesday's results. If given the opportunity, how many of us would jump at the ability to restore America to its former greatness and godly heritage? If that were to happen, we might just want to stick around a little longer. For many America had become an idol of sorts. Yes, we loved Jesus, but we loved our country just a little bit more and were in no hurry to leave this good life we had for the things of God. It is quite possible, with Obama's second term, that God wants us to become so removed from our comfort zone, we'll practically be begging Him to evacuate us. If America was the last chain that kept us tied down to this world, He may have just severed it for us. Perhaps now the church in America will not look to the government and human efforts to carry out God's will, but to the Holy Spirit empowered body of Christ instead, with what little time we have left. So to sum it up, perhaps we'll realize more fully we are not of this world, but merely strangers and pilgrims passing through until we reach our true home in Heaven.
                    Ephesians 3:17-18
                    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

"It is by faith alone we are saved, but not by faith which is alone."

Comment

Consider how much time we have spent discussing the world during this campaign. Yes we have hopes, yes we want better for our children,
                      But are we really saying, Not my will but Thine be done?
                      Well, Wally, I thought my prayers that there would be revival, and that Christians would be led by the Holy Spirit instead of the spirit of envy or licentiousness, and prayers that truth would be spoken (in spite of the media), and that people would be thwarted in their attempts to commit voter fraud .. . I hoped all those things were God's will.

I have been involved in history and politics too long to ever think that one man can solve all the nation's problems, so while I prayed fervently for this nation, I didn't put all my hopes in Romney. However, I think this election was one final test for the American people, and we failed. It's like one of those movie cliches: "Well, Buster, do you want to do it the hard way or the easy way?" This nation chose the hard way.

Steve, thank you for your post. My number one fear is that Jesus won't come back soon, but will wait another 20 years or so. I don't want to live in an America that resembles a satellite behind the old Iron Curtain, and this is what America is going to turn into.

Someone recently mentioned being salt and light, and I thought, "The problem with this world is that it spits out the salt and covers its eyes against the light." If I'm an ambassador, I don't want to just wait around, scrounging and hiding, waiting to be rescued from the embassy before the enemy attacks, but I don't see how I'm much use here. I've been expectant so long, and His return for us feels farther away than ever.

Comment

Sorry..just angry. I never want to hear the name Barrack Obama again...
                        Hussein said at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Fund dinner that it would be nice if he could use his middle name. Since November 7, I'm glad to oblige and am referring to him by that name.

Originally posted by Tesseract View Post
                        I, like all of you, am shocked and appalled at Obama's reelection. Indeed, I am still very depressed about it and weep for my country. But I have also since then started to think about what it means in the long run, for us as Christians living here. For so many of us, America was, and still is (for now) the best place to live, the last best, hope for the world as far as human efforts go. We love our country so very much, which is one of the reasons we are so distraught over Tuesday's results. If given the opportunity, how many of us would jump at the ability to restore America to its former greatness and godly heritage? If that were to happen, we might just want to stick around a little longer. For many America had become an idol of sorts. Yes, we loved Jesus, but we loved our country just a little bit more and were in no hurry to leave this good life we had for the things of God. It is quite possible, with Obama's second term, that God wants us to become so removed from our comfort zone, we'll practically be begging Him to evacuate us. If America was the last chain that kept us tied down to this world, He may have just severed it for us. Perhaps now the church in America will not look to the government and human efforts to carry out God's will, but to the Holy Spirit empowered body of Christ instead, with what little time we have left. So to sum it up, perhaps we'll realize more fully we are not of this world, but merely strangers and pilgrims passing through until we reach our true home in Heaven.
                        +1

Reason&Hope...

Comment

It feels good to have people understand where your coming from..thanks guys.

Anyway i think this may be a forfillment of prophecy. Israel is now alone, and has many hostile enemies, including Gog(Russia) breathing down her neck so to speak. Jesus is coming back very soon.

There will be the rise of the Antichrist, war, famine and massive deaths, then the darkening of the sun, moon and stars before the actual tribulation begins. We as believers need to spread the word, I don't believe there is much time left. When the rapture does happen, some left behind will be looking for answers.

Comment

I have had a strange sense of calm ever since the election. No fear, no depression, nothing but calm. I can only interpret this as God's peace that passes all understanding. I haven't posted specifically on this since I'm still trying to process and sort it all out in my own mind, but I had a sense, when I went to bed on Election Night and Obama was pulling ahead, that God was telling me it would all be okay. I can't explain it, and that's why I haven't posted, but I had, at the time, the distinct impression that God was saying it had to be this way and not to be afraid. I felt that God was letting me know that my citizenship, as much as I love America, is NOT here. Maybe, just maybe, this is another stage of us becoming separated from this earth, as has been mentioned before in other posts. We still have to live here as long as God wants us to, still have to make a living and get on with life here, but we have something so much better that is coming shortly, and it comes closer with every passing moment. If Romney had won, very possibly that would have delayed prophecy, at least in our eyes. With Obama's re-election, Israel is still alone, perhaps even more so now than in the past 4 years. In electing Obama, the people have spoken (though I do believe a fair amount of voter fraud contributed to the final count) and, in doing so, have chosen the party that denied God 3 times at their national convention.

I wish I could adequately explain how I'm feeling about all this, but even now, 4 days after the election, it's still hard to put it into words. All I know is we are waiting for our true citizenship to begin. We were once proud to be Americans -- now it's time to be proud to be Christians.
                            "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

It feels good to have people understand where your coming from..thanks guys.
                              I'm glad you're here.

Even as I was praying for the American people and this election, I felt that is was very probable that God would allow Obama to win so as to fulfill prophecy. I would have liked to see America on a good track again, making our rapture out of here that much more dramatic, and also just because I don't want people suffering. I want people to be able to find jobs, and businesses to find customers, and people able to buy electricity and gas, as well as to have freedom to both worship and evangelize.

Now that it's clear that America is on this road to serfdom, my feelings are like girding myself to tackle a difficult and dirty job. Okay, I tell myself, a storm is coming, so how do I prepare? I listened to Olive Tree Views this morning on the radio and they talked about inflation. My state (WA) just voted to legalize both samesex marriage and marijuana. While they're having a party, are we going to get hit with a natural disaster, or just reap the natural consequences of legally-approved hedonism? I can try to prepare for physical storms, a bit, and for financial storms, a little bit, and I can draw closer to God and try to keep avenues open with my neighbors, but I just feel aimless, and nothing I saw is going to sway any of the woefully and willfully ignorant population.

Comment

From depression, to elation.

Hi all. I , like most on here , was extremely depressed at the re election of Obumer. But now that it has sunk in, and I have had time to think on it, I am getting more and more excited. The signs we were told to look for are happening almost daily (look at the recent worldwide earthquake activity, Hurricane Sandy aside) there are 41 major military conflicts ongoing as we speak (the most in history) and now I read on Drudge this morning , on their headline, that Israel has returned fire into Syria, and the war is expanding on the Turkish border. Obama had to win, when you think about it, if we are in the time I think we are in. Israel has to be all alone in the last days, and they now appear to be. The financial crisis is now back at the top of the news, after the election information overload,and is getting worse daily. You could not write a more perfect script for the right time for the rapture of the church. Our military and intelligence community is being devastated by scandal and corruption at a time when we need them the most. We sent a clear message to the God of the Universe with this election, that we don't care about his chosen people and his favorite city(Jerusalem). That what we care about are cell phones, homosexuals,Pot, abortion and the expansion of a evil and corrupt police state. Even without the rapture happening soon, we are soon going to get a glimpse of the worst side of our citizens, as we are seeing in Greece, Spain, and now the Jersey Shore (How ironic Snooky). Let not your hearts be troubled. Look Up.

Comment

Working...
                                X