Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Returns

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AWillow View Post
    i disagree.... none of the comments i've read sound like backward rednecks....
    I should clarify. I meant that some of the comments posted here about looters, moochers and inner city parasites, remind me of the comments made by liberal elites about flyover state rednecks.

    It seems to me that both sets of comments are made in the same dismissive spirit. We should be better people than the liberal elites that dwell carelessly in San Fransisco, Boston and New York.

    I hope I've made myself clear.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LinuxMan View Post
      Where was God in this?
      Mourning/furious over America's free will choice to reappoint a wicked infanticidal incompetent to the highest office in the land.

      God's there. But America decided this. Not God.

      This certainly isn't God's will, but people are free to make their own choices and summarily, they will reap the rewards of them be it good or bad.

      Is it any mystery what four more years of Obama will yield? That's not God's fault. If our nation manages to survive at this rate, you cannot deny God's soverign hand of mercy in that.

      Because at this point we're in free fall.

      Originally posted by Little Bug View Post
      God bless you, Tim! BEAUTIFULLY SAID! Now I'm wiping the tears.. AMEN!


      Psalm 37:35-40
      I have seen wicked and ruthless people flourishing like a tree in its native soil. But when I looked again, they were gone! Though I searched for them, I could not find them!

      Look at those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future awaits those who love peace. But the rebellious will be destroyed; they have no future.

      The Lord rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble. The Lord helps them, rescuing them from the wicked. He saves them, and they find shelter in him.
      Proverbs 12:13
      The wicked are trapped by their own words, but the godly escape such trouble.
      2 Peter 2:9
      So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment.
      Revelation 3:10-12
      “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.

      All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write on them the name of my God, and they will be citizens in the city of my God—the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God. And I will also write on them my new name.

      Comment


      • Carrie Grace! So you are still awake like me?! I just can't digest how our state voted today, although I knew it would be coming....
        Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28




        Cindy

        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KGJN View Post
          I agree, not redneck. Just Christians not willing to be lead to the lions.
          Your analogy is incorrect. Those were believers who were martyred for their faith in Jesus. Please don't say a second four years of an Obama presidency is equal to our being fed to lions because we refused to renounce the Lord.

          Btw, martyrdom is expected if we are told to renounce Jesus or be killed. There is no expectation of *self-defence* in such cases, we are to go to the lions.
          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


          Jesus + something = nothing

          Jesus + nothing = Everything

          Comment


          • I'm not an American but I know how many of you are disappointed or angry or just gutted right now.



            My husband and I certainly have prayed for your nation and I know many other Christians who are not American did also.

            God has made His choice today.

            I was encouraged by the posts who have reminded us that our Lord & King is Jesus!

            Praying for your nation's future and for the Lord to be with His children no matter what the future holds for you.

            Comment


            • That's all I've got to say about this situation.
              (Ephesians 1:13 KJV)
              "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of the truth, the GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom also after that ye BELIEVED, ye were SEALED with that Holy Spirit of Promise."
              (Ephesians 4:30 KJV) 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are "SEALED" unto the "DAY OF REDEMPTION." The seal can not be broken.

              Comment


              • I prayed for a Romney/Ryan win, if it was in God's will.

                I guess it wasn't.

                I also prayed that God have mercy on us, if Obama won.

                I feel sick to my stomach.

                My atheist, Obama-voting DH has been insufferable. "We win!" "Humanity wins!" "No war with Iran!"

                I can't help the feeling (and I told him so) that having elected Obama, this nation is going to get what it deserves.

                My daughter (senior in college, another unbeliever who voted for Obama) tried to chat me tonight (about the same time they were calling it for Obama). I couldn't talk with her. I had had enough at that point from DH (who doesn't know when to be quiet), and knew that if I engaged with her, I would probably say something that would fracture our bond.

                I try to tell myself that God allowed this, and it is all going to work towards fulfilling His will, and Biblical prophecy.

                I want to scream, though, at the people who voted for Obama. I have a hard time reminding myself that so many are spiritually blinded, and misled by the forces of evil.

                Praying for God to give me the strength to not lash out, and that He have mercy on our country (though we don't deserve it), and on His children, and also on their unbelieving family and friends (especially, that their eyes may be opened and that they may be saved).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TimothyK View Post
                  Mourning/furious over America's free will choice to reappoint a wicked infanticidal incompetent to the highest office in the land.

                  God's there. But America decided this. Not God.

                  This certainly isn't God's will, but people are free to make their own choices and summarily, they will reap the rewards of them be it good or bad.

                  Is it any mystery what four more years of Obama will yield? That's not God's fault. If our nation manages to survive at this rate, you cannot deny God's soverign hand of mercy in that.

                  Because at this point we're in free fall.



                  Appreciate your comfort, Timothy.

                  Imo, along with God lifting His hand of protection from us, I'm thinking this has something to do with Israel. Maybe we are so far along now that Israel is meant to feel as alone and betrayed in the world as she has been when her best friend under Obama has treated her so ruthlessly and with such guile. If we're so far along, maybe it will make her eager for any apparent even overtures of *kindness* such as the AC will show her. The event with the treaty will start the clock on the Trib.

                  Maybe Mitt's love for Israel and righteous standing with her is not right for this late hour as President.

                  Israel is the star on the stage, all nations are just bit players in her narrative.
                  "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


                  Jesus + something = nothing

                  Jesus + nothing = Everything

                  Comment


                  • I know now as we head to the seventh stage of grief we will say that God allowed this. I am not so sure any more, I more and more feeel like He is the watchmaker and winds up the clock and things just happen.

                    Comment


                    • for you, gardener, it must be more difficult in your family that doesn't understand.

                      Praying for all whose hearts are hurting tonight...
                      "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


                      Jesus + something = nothing

                      Jesus + nothing = Everything

                      Comment


                      • Why? Why do you give up so easy? I have been to America 2 times and I really love it. The people are independent, strong and very friendly. America is strong, not dead. I know Obama won and you do not like him, but you throw in the towel so easy? Have you been to China? America is not China, you are free. Please have faith in America and God.

                        Comment


                        • I am heartbroken for the state of our nation. I know Jesus Christ didn't die for America; He died once, for all people, for the cleansing of sin that separates us from God. I will trust in Him.

                          The flesh is weak. I just can't help but feel sadness for the state of the human race and the multiple ways in which we reject Him and His word. We are so far from Him, and I would love for nothing more than to hear that trumpet call that takes us to our Lord right now.
                          The Gospel of Jesus Christ

                          "I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

                          "I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Junko View Post
                            Why? Why do you give up so easy? I have been to America 2 times and I really love it. The people are independent, strong and very friendly. America is strong, not dead. I know Obama won and you do not like him, but you throw in the towel so easy? Have you been to China? America is not China, you are free. Please have faith in America and God.
                            This means so much, thank you.
                            "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


                            Jesus + something = nothing

                            Jesus + nothing = Everything

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LinuxMan View Post
                              I know now as we head to the seventh stage of grief we will say that God allowed this. I am not so sure any more, I more and more feeel like He is the watchmaker and winds up the clock and things just happen.
                              He that watches Israel (and all nations) neither slumbers nor sleeps. Some countries are toppling and others are being built up in order to take their place for the wrapping up of human history as we know it.
                              "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


                              Jesus + something = nothing

                              Jesus + nothing = Everything

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                                Appreciate your comfort, Timothy.

                                Imo, along with God lifting His hand of protection from us, I'm thinking this has something to do with Israel. Maybe we are so far along now that Israel is meant to feel as alone and betrayed in the world as she has been when her best friend under Obama has treated her so ruthlessly and with such guile. If we're so far along, maybe it will make her eager for any apparent even overtures of *kindness* such as the AC will show her. The event with the treaty will start the clock on the Trib.

                                Maybe Mitt's love for Israel and righteous standing with her is not right for this late hour as President.

                                Israel is the star on the stage, all nations are just bit players in her narrative.


                                That's very possible. God knows.

                                Originally posted by LinuxMan View Post
                                I know now as we head to the seventh stage of grief we will say that God allowed this. I am not so sure any more, I more and more feeel like He is the watchmaker and winds up the clock and things just happen.
                                God allows us to make our own choices as free willed self-conscious beings. With that free will, America has re-elected Barack Obama. You just cannot blame that happening on God or that God 'allowed' it to happen. That was entirely our call as a nation.

                                God remains sovereign and He already knew this would happen before the fact, but we were given our time and place to make that choice, a viable choice, and if the American people so wished, they could just have easily voted for the other guy.

                                What we did and who we voted for is noted before God and history.

                                Originally posted by Junko View Post
                                Why? Why do you give up so easy? I have been to America 2 times and I really love it. The people are independent, strong and very friendly. America is strong, not dead. I know Obama won and you do not like him, but you throw in the towel so easy? Have you been to China? America is not China, you are free. Please have faith in America and God.
                                We're not China yet, but the prospect is grim. Barack Obama has a very negative record in what he's done in these first four years and very euro socialist leanings.

                                But you're right, God alone knows what will become of us or how this will all finish in the grand scheme of things.

                                Thank you for your kind and encouraging words.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X