Question on possible new obama law....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    I don't think anyones head is in the sand around here, pal. We've got hundreds of articles and thousands of posts all about him. Lets see, its been law for over a month, no difference. If by chance we make it to October, and still no dictator Obama sending out the brownshirts to round up all them bad people who talk bad about him, I'll bump this thread. If theres still no change, I win. We should be much more concerned about what he actually says he wants to do, rather than our thoughts and imaginations of what we think he will do, especially ones this fundamentally radical. And really, we have two other branches of gubment, they will balance him out with stuff that is clearly unconstitutional.
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but I don't believe there's much of a system of checks and balances anymore, especially with the executive order and all of Obama's czars that didn't have to be approved by Congress to get into office like the president's cabinet does. I have sort of seen him as an unofficial dictator for the past couple of years. I won't go so far as to say that there probably won't be elections this year. I think this country still has a way to go before things get that incredibly bad, but then again, I suppose anything's possible with a manic like O at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorPrincess View Post
      I agree with you to a certain extent, but I don't believe there's much of a system of checks and balances anymore
      There is a huge difference between what Obama would like to do, and what he will actually get away with.

Since the Reps took just the House, Obama has been almost stopped in his tracks regarding major laws. If the Court overturns ObamaCare and other various laws, it will be a huge blow to him. Those are real 'checks and balances', so I really have no idea how anyone can say there is not much of a system for it anymore. If what people have said in this thread alone is true, that there are no C&B's anymore, then turn off the lights, we are done here, we'll close the politics forum.

He is really good at using democratic 'scaring points' to manipulate the Republicans into a corner. They seem to be getting a little better at fighting back, and the MSM is not as much in his corner. We'll see how it plays out. One thing I do know, the more hyper the rhetoric becomes around here, the more people will view this place as just a bunch of crazy and scared right wingers.

If people want to do more, then get out there on their turf, use devastating arguments that minimize hyperbole and point to verifiable laws and policies Obama has done. Sitting around here and shouting 'Obama is the evil dictator of all dictators' will get people nowhere. More importantly, I fear some are allowing hate in through the back door, listening to their words. There is no hate in God, no matter what the purpose, it destroys the soul and will eat men up like a cancer and steal whatever joy and peace there may have been. Whatever people think of me I don't care, but don't let this world spoil the great inheritance that awaits us, this world is not worth it.

Originally posted by WarriorPrincess View Post
      especially with the executive order and all of Obama's czars that didn't have to be approved by Congress to get into office like the president's cabinet does. I have sort of seen him as an unofficial dictator for the past couple of years. I won't go so far as to say that there probably won't be elections this year. I think this country still has a way to go before things get that incredibly bad, but then again, I suppose anything's possible with a manic like O at the helm.
      All modern Presidents sign EO's and use the regulatory system to do the things they want to do. I'm not trying to diminish his agenda of stupidity, its just that he is using everything that was already in place to do these things, he did not create these things to accomplish them. The Czars being an exception, and really, they just serve the same purposes, but the process was put on steroids. As of right now, this really is the same old politics of positioning, utilizing ignorance, scaring voters and making Republicans look like 'mean spirited' rich guys. The key is to be level headed, and fight him the old fashioned way, on his record. Its Romney's job now, we'll see how he does.
      Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomnut View Post
        I can't believe some of y'all!!! Just because "it" may be against the constitution/illegal/unethical or whatever, you think this "Chicago" product won't try it???

And this still after "Obamacare" and the Catholic contraceptive fiasco????????

Get your head out of the sand folks, cause if the Zero gets a second go at the POTUS, he sure does not have to worry about who he stabs in the back since he won't be eligible for re-election again; and he will make sure that there will be no 2016 election; assuming that we actually have a '12 election.!!

JMHO, but based on observed actions the past 3 1/2 years!
        This "Chicago" product will try and do whatever he can to obtain what he wants.IMHO,if he see's the election slipping away from him,it would not surprise me if he started a situation that require him to declare Martial Law and cancel the elections. Remember "Wag The Dog"?With the Exective orders he has at his command,he a very dangerious man.

Very intellegent people like Charles Krauthamer have said;Don't pay attention to what he say's,WATCH what he does and dispert people do dispert things.
        Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ByFaithIFly View Post
          This "Chicago" product will try and do whatever he can to obtain what he wants.IMHO,if he see's the election slipping away from him,it would not surprise me if he started a situation that require him to declare Martial Law and cancel the elections. Remember "Wag The Dog"?With the Exective orders he has at his command,he a very dangerious man.

Very intellegent people like Charles Krauthamer have said;Don't pay attention to what he say's,WATCH what he does and dispert people do dispert things.
          Open question to anyone who knows regarding ByFaithIFly's post: Could the Supreme Court step in and nullify any Obama order to cancel elections? What about Congress?

For that matter, can the Supremes nullify ANY executive order of Obama's?

Comment

Response to Pepsi Dad...

No, after all the Supreme Court Justices are unelected....

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiDad View Post
              Open question to anyone who knows regarding ByFaithIFly's post: Could the Supreme Court step in and nullify any Obama order to cancel elections? What about Congress?

For that matter, can the Supremes nullify ANY executive order of Obama's?
              Congress can nullify an EO by passing a law over turning it. If someone thinks an EO runs contrary to existing law or the Constitution, they can petition the courts.

Of course if the President was bold enough to "cancel elections" I can't imagine he'd care much about what the Supreme Court said.

I would add though, that in pretty much every Presidency I can remember someone suggests that the President might declare martial law, cancel elections, and make himself a dictator. That idea though hinges on the important premise that the overwhelming majority of military, and most of the Federal, State, and local Governments comply, and I think that is extremely unlikely.

-Ted

Comment

I have not read this thread, but I found this:
                Posting just for info.

I stand with Israel, now and forever.
                Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Comment

At the Holocaust Memorial parade, I will not forget the speech he gave. His voice was cold and empathetic; it chilled me to the core! How could he talk this way and undermine Israel at the same time? Who is this man? He's gone in November if we all do our job and vote. The next President (Romney) will snub many of the statutes that other presidents created in the past. It has always been this way.
                  'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.' PSALM 12:5.

Comment

Originally posted by tbrian40 View Post
                    At the Holocaust Memorial parade, I will not forget the speech he gave. His voice was cold and empathetic; it chilled me to the core! How could he talk this way and undermine Israel at the same time? Who is this man? He's gone in November if we all do our job and vote. The next President (Romney) will snub many of the statutes that other presidents created in the past. It has always been this way.
                    I believe he is a muslim. Muslims pretty much hate Jews so it's no surprise.
                    The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation

Comment

Working...
                    X