Hugo Chavez weeps and calls on God to spare his life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan51 View Post
    But wasn't God responsible for Job's afflictions, even though they were brought by Satan? Satan was only acting under God's sovereign control, and God appeared to instigate the whole process. Maybe that's how it happens for us too. I think plague has a different connotation than affliction. Plague sounds like punishment or judgment. Jesus told us that tribulations were part of the Christian life, John 16:33.
    Was Job sick? HUGE difference from being tried by circumstances then by sickness. Please don't have me misunderstood either, we are suppose to receive strength from the Lord in sickness, and possibly healing...I just don't see scripture where God could plague a Believer with Cancer to refine them.

Comment

Job 2:7 Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.

Comment

Job 2:7 Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
        I suppose a boil/s is in the same category as sickness/cancer? Does a boil cause death? Did it cause Job's death?

Comment

Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
          I suppose a boil/s is in the same category as sickness/cancer? Does a boil cause death? Did it cause Job's death?
          Wait, Satan went out from the presence of the Lord THEN he gave Job boils, this is not in the same context of our discussion

Comment

Wow, as I meditate on this further, I realize that this "affliction" is done out of the presence of the Lord, and done soley by Satan. Makes you think...

Comment

Personally, I just think there is a HUGE difference between God "giving" a person cancer and God "allowing" a person to have cancer (because sin has caused destruction, Adam's sin).

Comment

Very interesting, thought provoking discussion.

I think trials and tribulations strengthen our faith, good times make us lax. I speak from personal experience.

Comment

"Give me your crown, Jesus. Give me your cross, your thorns so that I may bleed. But give me life, because I have more to do for this country and these people. Do not take me yet,"

Wow, he's just breakin my heart. So its give me your cross, let me bleed, spare my life so I can curse Israel and damn them, along with damning the United States. I hope his prayers backfire. Praying prayers like that and then acting on all the hate he has spoken, doesn't leave me with any pity on this man. Maybe God will hear his repentance, if he indeed is repenting from his hate.

The Lord knows his sickness, but does Mr. Chavez recognize his own hate for His people? If he does not repent of it, the Lord will drag him down to the valley of Jehoshaphat as well, allowed to live but only perish in a much more horrible way.
                  Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Working...
                  X