No announcement yet.

Obama warns 'unelected' Supreme Court against striking down health law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#16 - Supporting the Arab Spring protesters over Mubarak, who had kept the peace with Israel, of which looks to be in serious jeopardy.

Comment

Some of the "elected" idiots who voted for this unconstitutional communist mandate openly admitted to not having read the document before voting for it.

How could such idiocy even be considered valid just because they were "elected".

I hope it gets struck down completely.

Comment

I've noticed the Dems, particularly Howard Dean in his interview with FOX's Chris Wallace on Sunday, are now saying (spinning) the striking down of the individual mandate would be a good thing for Obama, acknowledging that the majority of America's are against it.

This whole thing was never about health care. It's just another way for the gov't to dip their hands into your pocket.

I have a plan at work where I have a certain amount each year deducted from my paycheck to go into a healthcare spending account. I can pay for prescriptions and doctor visit co-pays using a Visa card directly tied to that account. Best of all, the money deducted is from pre-tax dollars, meaning I'm taxed less on the remainder that gets deposited into my bank account.

I haven't heard if this individual mandate can be paid for using pre-tax dollars. Anyone know anything about that?

Comment

If the sc strikes down the mandate clause then the whole law is gone.

Comment

Drudge has the headline "Did He Get a Leak" under a pic of him and Elena Kagan smiling at eachother. I wonder what the odds are that he already knows how the supreme court has voted? But, as I understand it they could still change their vote before the rest of the world knows the results.

I don't understand what planet some of the dems are on if they honestly believe that the SC striking down the law would help Obama win re-election? How could that possibly happen? Unless he would try to play the victim card by saying that the evil conservative justices shot it down to go against him personally. Oh, and that they're all racist and it's about going against a black man.

Comment

Maybe Bama will pull out the race card....

Comment

Arrogant Spirit???

All I know is that it says in:
                Pro 16:18-20 "Pride comes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly of spirit with the humble than to divide plunder with the proud. The one who understands a matter finds success, and the one who trusts in the LORD will be happy."

Children, we are in "perilous times". There are storm clouds on the horizon, and the hoofbeats of horsemen is getting louder.

Jesus said in John 14: "Let not your hearts be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in me"!

And Paul tells us in:

Rom 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord! "

If I didn't have Jesus, today could be a time of worry and despair ~~ BUT I DO and I AM EXCITED THAT HIS COMING IS NEAR!!!

God Bless,
                1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!

Comment

This was one of the most bizarre speeches I've ever heard. Talk about spinning the truth. One of the primary jobs of the federal Supreme Court is to examine laws passed by Congress to determine whether they violate the Constitution. (Very much like what we do with the Scriptures -- test everything, hold on to what is good). This is one of the vital checks and balances our government has in place. But to liken this function to legislating from the court, which is usually raised in opposition to liberal tactics of adding to the Constitution things that are not there, is big-time spin. This looks to me like the "spirit of antichrist." Obama thinks he should be allowed to do whatever he pleases, any time, any place. He has no respect for a government by the people, for the people, nor for capitalism, and the 'ends' he deems worthy justify whatever 'means' he takes to get there. Many politicians are arrogant, but know ultimately they have to submit to our system, but he thinks he can fundamentally change our system -- which is what he's said all along.

Comment

Obama is not ignorant of what the Supreme Courts job per our Constitution is.
                    He couldn't care less about 'judicial activism', either; the left has been influential in doing it for years (see: Roe v Wade)

I believe he is playing off the ignorance of many who have voted for him, or potential voters.
                    And he is being a bully in hopes that some will actually listen to what he says instead of doing what they were appointed to do, i.e interpret the constitution.

JMHO.
                    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

I would be more than willing to support mental health legislation for ALL the Democrats to get a discount of some sort if we - the sane, reasonable, responsible Americans - can commit them to the asylum where they belong. bama, Pelosi, Reid, et al, they're ALL certifiably insane and shouldn't be allowed out around the rest of us. I believe that narcissism is considered a mental illness, isn't it? If that's the case, then bama's threats comments made to the Supreme Court certainly prove he qualifies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacinth View Post
                        Obama is not ignorant of what the Supreme Courts job per our Constitution is.
                        He couldn't care less about 'judicial activism', either; the left has been influential in doing it for years (see: Roe v Wade)

I believe he is playing off the ignorance of many who have voted for him, or potential voters.
                        And he is being a bully in hopes that some will actually listen to what he says instead of doing what they were appointed to do, i.e interpret the constitution.

JMHO.

Yes, exactly, he's arrogant, not ignorant.

Comment

The way the world is, I have learned to keep my hope in Jesus and let this world suck down into the abyss.

Until the SC makes the announcement and until someone new is sworn into office of the POUS, I will trust only the Lord and plan for the worst as long as I walk this earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                            The way the world is, I have learned to keep my hope in Jesus and let this world suck down into the abyss.

Until the SC makes the announcement and until someone new is sworn into office of the POUS, I will trust only the Lord and plan for the worst as long as I walk this earth.
                            Wise advice, Alex. Jesus is our ONLY hope, but He's more than enough!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SummerSailing81 View Post
                              I would be more than willing to support mental health legislation for ALL the Democrats to get a discount of some sort if we - the sane, reasonable, responsible Americans - can commit them to the asylum where they belong. bama, Pelosi, Reid, et al, they're ALL certifiably insane and shouldn't be allowed out around the rest of us. I believe that narcissism is considered a mental illness, isn't it? If that's the case, then bama's threats comments made to the Supreme Court certainly prove he qualifies.
                              From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001930/:

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:
                              • React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
                              • Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
                              • Have excessive feelings of self-importance
                              • Exaggerate achievements and talents
                              • Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
                              • Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
                              • Need constant attention and admiration
                              • Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
                              • Have obsessive self-interest
                              • Pursue mainly selfish goals

Comment

Penguin.......

You certianly are not referring to our Deere Leader (Out standing in his field, knee deep in it, green [it ain't easy being] with envy)??
                                It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X