Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occupy Race Card: Trayvon Martin and both sides of racial issues.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gideon300 View Post
    You have not read this story. You need to go back and read this thread and find out the details.

Burglaries were occurring in this neighborhood. Martin was not someone Zimmerman knew to live in the neighborhood and thought he looked suspicious.

Tragic story, but fault lies on both sides. Zimmerman wasn't arrested because it was determined that he was within his rights for self defense, which was backed up by an eyewitness to the event. His actions, although tragic, were lawful.
    I did hear about there being burglaries in the neighborhood, which probably accounted for Zimmerman being trigger happy. I see lots of people in my 1,200 population town whom I have never seen before. So, because I have never seen that person doesn't mean he should look suspicious. How does talking on the phone 'look' suspicious. I guarantee you that had *I* been TM walking from the store, on the phone, that not one person would have followed me, even if I had on a hoodie. Was he suspicious because he was perhaps in someone else's yard, or trying to break in to a vehicle. See, that is what I don't understand. What was TM doing that made him look suspicious to Zimmerman that he followed him. I speculate that it is because he had simply never seen him before.
    sigpic“My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is a junior in high school!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtown View Post
      I guess you don't like people disagreeing with YOUR viewpoint? So if I pursue someone willfully and they don't know who I am or my intentions and they become defensive, I can shoot them and its self defense? Had he NEVER pursued him beyond a distant observation this would have NEVER happened. Perhaps TM feared for his life after this stranger followed him around for a while. How could TM know his intentions? Maybe more will come out...
      I agree. It sounds like the 1st time TM was being pursued, he let it go...he probably figured that Zimmerman was going to try to rob him or something...
      sigpic“My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

Comment

• Okay, this thread is getting out of control.

I have a side, a viewpoint, that I am on in this discussion, but as of now I am telling myself that it is to not be spoken of any more. It's because it becomes just that...picking a side. And in this case, as with pretty much all cases, this is based on incomplete information. Just what we know SO FAR. This story is very divisive, and that is something that Satan loves to run with. When those involved are Christians...his enjoyment must be that much higher.

ALL of the statements both sides of this discussion/debate/argument appear correct. The problem is that all statements are coming from a very different/specific perspective on the story. IF one was being followed and felt threatened, perhaps he was in his rights to attack and was unfairly/unlawfully shot and killed. CORRECT. If one was being followed, the follower backed off, the one formerly followed attacked violently and was shot and understandably/lawfully killed. CORRECT. Both sides are right and the incomplete bits of news information that we have does nothing to resolve the disagreement.

Please stop this divisive part of the discussion since at this point there are simply not enough complete facts to come to a fully informed conclusion. Let's return to the points I believe were originally the focus of this thread...whether racial issues should be a part of this case at all and the implications of the political aspects involved.
        The penitent man kneels before God...and then rolls forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mommytoa3rdgradeboy View Post
          I did hear about there being burglaries in the neighborhood, which probably accounted for Zimmerman being trigger happy.
          Trigger happy implies that this man pulled the trigger instantly, and if that was the case he would have done that as soon as he saw Martin. Trigger happy does not equate to pulling your firearm and shooting as you are being beat. I take it hate guns, and don't support gun ownership, or have any experience with firearms. This fits right in with the Democrats looking to use this tragedy as a way to take gun rights away from people.

As Shannon pointed out, any more conversation with you on this subject is pointless. You have your mind made up and are unwilling to look at the facts in this case.

Comment

• No, he did not have the right to shoot and kill someone even if he was punched.
            You weren't there to make that call. The police would know weather Zimmerman was within his rights to use deadly force or not according to eye witness reports.

so, the news reported it wrong?
            They "embellished" the truth to set the narrative they wanted to see. There was no racial slur but possibly an expletive {a-h} was used. The neighborhood had suffered several burglaries by kids matching Trayvon's description so an angry Zimmerman notified the cops of his suspicions.

The pesky little detail many people are ignoring is that he did stop following Martin and returned to his truck but by that time Martin was following him, ready for a fight and possibly {according to Zimmerman} carrying a weapon.

I agree that both men bear responsibility. But this was a local law enforcement matter that has been blown into a national hate-fest by people with an agenda that has nothing to do with "justice". We shouldn't allow the race hustlers and their dear leader Obama to play us....hence, the topic of this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by CorrinM View Post
              IF one was being followed and felt threatened, perhaps he was in his rights to attack and was unfairly/unlawfully shot and killed. CORRECT. If one was being followed, the follower backed off, the one formerly followed attacked violently and was shot and understandably/lawfully killed. CORRECT.
              This is the correct view! Thanks for this post! As I have stated both sides were at fault, no one here is a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gideon300 View Post
                Trigger happy implies that this man pulled the trigger instantly, and if that was the case he would have done that as soon as he saw Martin. Trigger happy does not equate to pulling your firearm and shooting as you are being beat. I take it hate guns, and don't support gun ownership, or have any experience with firearms. This fits right in with the Democrats looking to use this tragedy as a way to take gun rights away from people.

As Shannon pointed out, any more conversation with you on this subject is pointless. You have your mind made up and are unwilling to look at the facts in this case.
                I'm sorry my diction didn't suit you. When I used the term 'trigger happy', I simply meant that he was ready and hyper vigilent in using it. Look, my point is, if Zimmerman felt threatened, he should have left the scene and let the police handle it.

Well, I am off to work now. Have a great day, everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by CorrinM View Post
                  Okay, this thread is getting out of control.

I have a side, a viewpoint, that I am on in this discussion, but as of now I am telling myself that it is to not be spoken of any more. It's because it becomes just that...picking a side. And in this case, as with pretty much all cases, this is based on incomplete information. Just what we know SO FAR. This story is very divisive, and that is something that Satan loves to run with. When those involved are Christians...his enjoyment must be that much higher.

ALL of the statements both sides of this discussion/debate/argument appear correct. The problem is that all statements are coming from a very different/specific perspective on the story. IF one was being followed and felt threatened, perhaps he was in his rights to attack and was unfairly/unlawfully shot and killed. CORRECT. If one was being followed, the follower backed off, the one formerly followed attacked violently and was shot and understandably/lawfully killed. CORRECT. Both sides are right and the incomplete bits of news information that we have does nothing to resolve the disagreement.

Please stop this divisive part of the discussion since at this point there are simply not enough complete facts to come to a fully informed conclusion. Let's return to the points I believe were originally the focus of this thread...whether racial issues should be a part of this case at all and the implications of the political aspects involved.
                  You are right, this wasn't going anywhere as we all have different views on the matter and it is just dividing and hurting fellowship here on the board.
                  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

Comment

• Mtown, the original subject of this thread was about the calculated political usage of this terrible story. If we stick to that there wouldn't be much to disagree about.

Most of the divisiveness I've noticed here stems from posters who have jumped to an emotional conclusion before searching out the facts at hand. Police and eye witness accounts are ignored. When presented with facts they continue offering subjective opinion based on what they "feel" happened or should have happened, derailing the main theme several times. It then becomes another subject altogether.

Comment

• I honestly don't think all the facts are in about what actually happened that night - aside from the obvious death of the young man. We can speculate all we want as to what happened based upon media reports (and we all know how biased they are). There are two sides to every story. That being said, all parties involved need our prayers. As far as Obama and company go, they are doing what they know how to do best - divide and conquer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BarbT View Post
                        Mtown, the original subject of this thread was about the calculated political usage of this terrible story. If we stick to that there wouldn't be much to disagree about.

Most of the divisiveness I've noticed here stems from posters who have jumped to an emotional conclusion before searching out the facts at hand. Police and eye witness accounts are ignored. When presented with facts they continue offering subjective opinion based on what they "feel" happened or should have happened, derailing the main theme several times. It then becomes another subject altogether.
                        Yet the focus shifted from me and other posters as well. I am withdrawing from this thread as for reasons in my last post.
                        I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

Comment

• THE Apperance of Evil

What contitutes the appearance of Evil?

When I see a 'person' ( I don't care of what race or color ) in a ' hoodie', what kind of image does this present?
                          When i see a 'person' ( I don't care of what race or color ) in a ' hoodie', dark sunglasses, what kind of image does this present?
                          When I see a 'person' ( you see where I'm going with all this?) that is suspecious, maybe out of place, maybe posturing, or how about the movies today?
                          What kind of image does this put in our minds, what kind of feeling do you get from meeting a stranger in such appearance?

When congressman from illinois, Bobby Rush adorned a smilar garb and was trying to do what ever, look at the response he received and had to be removed from the floor.

Racial profiling, maybe...

Why do young people today ' WANT ' to dress like this? To impress, to look tuff, too intimidate, show off, follow the crowd?

To me it's not a ' GOOD ' image, it's not protrayed well by decency.

Look how it's provoking so much, how about when they appeared in church all grouped up, in their hoodies, what was the real statement they were giving, not good in my eyes. Look how they've started rioting and distroying property, can they stand before GOD someday and say they were doing right?

I can't judge anyone heart, the boy, the shooter, but I can judge their actions and so far, nothing good...And our so called president, I don't need to say it...And anyone else who's jumping on this ugly band wagon of evil, God help them all!!!

Comment

• What contitutes the appearance of Evil?

When I see a 'person' ( I don't care of what race or color ) in a ' hoodie', what kind of image does this present?
                            When i see a 'person' ( I don't care of what race or color ) in a ' hoodie', dark sunglasses, what kind of image does this present?
                            When I see a 'person' ( you see where I'm going with all this?) that is suspecious, maybe out of place, maybe posturing, or how about the movies today?
                            What kind of image does this put in our minds, what kind of feeling do you get from meeting a stranger in such appearance?
                            Hold on a second. Sometimes it's cold outside but not cold enough for a coat so I'll put on a hoodie. If it were cold enough or raining I'd put the hood up. I don't own sunglasses but if I did I would wear them if it were sunny out. I'm on a college campus and on a 40-degree day it's common for the majority of people to be wearing hoodies. My point is hoodies say nothing about the person wearing them.

When congressman from illinois, Bobby Rush adorned a smilar garb and was trying to do what ever, look at the response he received and had to be removed from the floor.
                            Rep. Bobby Rush was suspended because the US House of Representatives has a strict set of rules it follows with regards to decorum. Hoodies aren't out of place on college campuses and in high schools but they certainly are not appropriate for the House. What Rush did was unprofessional.

Comment

• Obama is exploiting/allowing all this for a reason. When I see a black neighbor, we meet as friends now but many people in high places want to change that. They are very good at creating racism where none exists. It doesn't take much to ignite a civil war.

For those who may not see the immediate danger to all Americans check out today's headlines. These are only part of what's happening out there:

MLK's Niece to Sharpton, Jackson: Stop 'playing race card' over Trayvon Martin...

Fmr. NAACP head rips exploitation...

Elderly couple living in fear over erroneous Spike Lee tweet...
                              Flee home...
                              Spike refuses to apologize...
                              {note: Lee erroneously tweeted what he thought was George Zimmerman's address. Any guesses why? A friendly tea party perhaps?}

COPS: Trayvon protesters ransack store...

Buchanan: 'Douse the flames, Mr. President!'

FOX Pulls Ben Stiller Movie Trailer for 'NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH'...

www.drudgereport.com

Hoodies aren't out of place on college campuses and in high schools but they certainly are not appropriate for the House
                              The congressman was sending a signal. In the "thug" culture hoodie has an obvious double meaning. It's a play on words to brag about being a hood. Given the popularity of gangsta rap imagery is this surprising?
                              Last edited by BarbT; March 28th, 2012, 03:07 PM. Reason: added quote

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheprdboi View Post
                                What contitutes the appearance of Evil?

Racial profiling, maybe...

Why do young people today ' WANT ' to dress like this? To impress, to look tuff, too intimidate, show off, follow the crowd?

To me it's not a ' GOOD ' image, it's not protrayed well by decency.

Look how it's provoking so much, how about when they appeared in church all grouped up, in their hoodies, what was the real statement they were giving, not good in my eyes. Look how they've started rioting and distroying property, can they stand before GOD someday and say they were doing right?

I can't judge anyone heart, the boy, the shooter, but I can judge their actions and so far, nothing good...And our so called president, I don't need to say it...And anyone else who's jumping on this ugly band wagon of evil, God help them all!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X