Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occupy Race Card: Trayvon Martin and both sides of racial issues.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    Can someone kill someone just by punching them? Is it possible to kill someone by slamming their face on the pavement?
    Yes. But, the question is, or at least MY question is, who instigated it? I hold Zimmerman accountable for approaching the teen without cause, until something comes out stating otherwise. Had Zimmerman not had a gun, he might have never approached TM. How could Zimmerman know if TM had a weapon or not? That's a reason to keep your distance imo.
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

Comment

Let it go.... they seem to believe that punching someone is not a deadly force and there were no self defense involve. You can't argue with someone who mind is made up.
      If someone punches me, and I shoot them with a gun and kill them, I will be the person to go to jail. Simple.
      sigpic“My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is a junior in high school!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtown View Post
        Yes. But, the question is, or at least MY question is, who instigated it? I hold Zimmerman accountable for approaching the teen without cause, until something comes out stating otherwise. Had Zimmerman not had a gun, he might have never approached TM. How could Zimmerman know if TM had a weapon or not? That's a reason to keep your distance imo.
        There is no sense in arguing with you ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mommytoa3rdgradeboy View Post
          If someone punches me, and I shoot them with a gun and kill them, I will be the person to go to jail. Simple.
          Again... no sense in arguing with you. Punch can be fatal.. especially slamming someone face in the pavement can be fatal. Zimmerman reacted in self defense period.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtown View Post
            I totally agree...if I saw someone walking around in my neighborhood, talking on a phone, who I felt 'didn't belong there', I would not bother them, and I certainly would not follow them around the neighborhood. If I were told by a dispatcher that it wasn't needed or necessary then I would have heeded that person's advice and gone about my own business.

Was TM in someone's yard, or trying to break in a car or house, or trying to rape someone? I have not heard any reports to that effect. That being said, WHY was Zimmerman following him around? If the teenager was 'up to no good' I don't think he would be talking on a telephone to his girlfriend.
            sigpic“My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

Comment

Again... no sense in arguing with you. Punch can be fatal.. especially slamming someone face in the pavement can be fatal. Zimmerman reacted in self defense period.
              So can a baseball shot to the head...

Comment

Rest assured, you can be killed with one punch to the face. One slam of your head on the concrete can kill you as well.
                Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

I agree w/ you that, in very rare instances a punch can kill a person; that being said, it is illegal to shoot that person w/ a gun. Ask your local prosecuting atty. I worked for one for 5 years.

Comment

True, but if your head was being slammed into concrete, feared for your life, and you shot, you would be defending yourself. You don't seem to get that, and it seems like you purposely don't want to understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mommytoa3rdgradeboy View Post
                      I agree w/ you that, in very rare instances a punch can kill a person; that being said, it is illegal to shoot that person w/ a gun. Ask your local prosecuting atty. I worked for one for 5 years.
                      It is illegal to murder someone, sure. It is not illegal to defend yourself, do you not understand the difference??

We had a story here locally about a man defending his neighbor's property where he shot and subsequently killed two men, his name was Joe Horn. He was within his legal rights because he feared for his life when the two started to approach him.

Comment

I agree w/ you that, in very rare instances a punch can kill a person;
                        I don't think you understand, people train to be able to kill with one hit. Its not a "rare" kind of thing, its a "who is doing the punching" kind of thing.

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

I totally agree...if I saw someone walking around in my neighborhood, talking on a phone, who I felt 'didn't belong there', I would not bother them, and I certainly would not follow them around the neighborhood. If I were told by a dispatcher that it wasn't needed or necessary then I would have heeded that person's advice and gone about my own business.

Was TM in someone's yard, or trying to break in a car or house, or trying to rape someone? I have not heard any reports to that effect. That being said, WHY was Zimmerman following him around? If the teenager was 'up to no good' I don't think he would be talking on a telephone to his girlfriend.
                          You have not read this story. You need to go back and read this thread and find out the details.

Burglaries were occurring in this neighborhood. Martin was not someone Zimmerman knew to live in the neighborhood and thought he looked suspicious.

Tragic story, but fault lies on both sides. Zimmerman wasn't arrested because it was determined that he was within his rights for self defense, which was backed up by an eyewitness to the event. His actions, although tragic, were lawful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
                            I guess you don't like people disagreeing with YOUR viewpoint? So if I pursue someone willfully and they don't know who I am or my intentions and they become defensive, I can shoot them and its self defense? Had he NEVER pursued him beyond a distant observation this would have NEVER happened. Perhaps TM feared for his life after this stranger followed him around for a while. How could TM know his intentions? Maybe more will come out...
                            I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

Comment

• Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                              I don't think you understand, people train to be able to kill with one hit. Its not a "rare" kind of thing, its a "who is doing the punching" kind of thing.
                              Ok, I must be horribly confused...and possibly talking about a totally different story. I thought this kid was 17 years old...was he in the miliary or did he have special training to kill someone w/ one punch? I have not seen any reports (I haven't watched the news in a couple of days.) about TM physically fighting anyone or punching anyone on the ground. I guess I will have to look this up...

What I watched/heard on the news stations both on tv and radio was that a 17 year old young man was walking in a gated community to his father's girlfriend or fiance's house, that he bought Skittles and some kind of tea at a convenience store. I heard that from there, as he was walking and talking on the phone to his girlfriend that this man, Zimmerman started following him, that TM told his gilfriend that someone was following him, that she said to run, he said no. BTW, I also heard that he had some type of ear phone thingy on, IDK. I heard that Zimmerman made a 911 call, that he was told by the dispatcher that he didn't need to follow the man. I heard the taperefelct Zimmerman's answer when he said 'yes' that he was following this man. He admitted following him, which indicates that TM was going in the other direction. I then heard that at some point Zimmerman quit folowing him and then followed him again, while TM was still on the phone with his girlfriend. If I were the person being followed, *I* would be the one feeling threatened, not the person doing the following. Anyway, at some point, Zimmerman shot the guy. That is what I have seen/heard on the news, and yes, mostly Fox. Jane Valez-Mitchell, in particular. If TM did throw the 1st punch, then I still blame Zimmerman. Why was Zimmerman following TM. Was he in the act of commit a crime? It just doesn't make sense...

Comment

I thought this kid was 17 years old...was he in the miliary or did he have special training to kill someone w/ one punch?
                                Different subject really. The question is not whether this young boy could or could not, the question is when someone is going to hit you in the face, do you know whether they can or not?

Well, if its a stranger, you don't, and that is the point.

Self defense is broadly defined, and I will "implement" it differently than you. Some people won't wait for someone to attack them (land a punch that is), some people will only after attacked. All of this is beside the point because the only person who can tell you what they were feeling is this neighborhood watch guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X