Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occupy Race Card: Trayvon Martin and both sides of racial issues.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    One thing that can't be ignored, a young kid is dead, and I'm sure the parents are outraged, even beside themselves with anguish and rage perhaps. Sad this story is going this way, its a disservice to the family, even if they don't realize it yet.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

    Joel 3:2

    I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Tcpix02 View Post
      No, that is not what I said. If Trayvon punched him he should have tried to restrain him (like I did with juvenile deliquents) or he should have punched him back. That's exactly it. Trayvon did not have a gun or knife. You fight back. You tell him who you are so he knows a complete wacko isn't after him. You don't pull out a gun and shoot him dead. His injuries weren't such that he had to be taken to the hospital. This young man sat in the morge for 3 days. Even though he had a cell phone and the father's fiance lived in the neighborhood. His mother reported him missing and yet they failed to contact his family. I don't think Martin was in the wrong really. I can guarantee you 100% if someone followed my 70 year old white father while he took a walk he would have done the same. He would have asked him one time what he was about and then he would have taken care of the perceived threat the way many men have been taught to. Now one should be talking about Obama's response to it or the lefts for that matter IMO. It doesn't matter what they say. It only matters that we respond the way the lord would have us to. I think what is far more important is to pray for the family of this young man and discuss how such a horrible thing can be prevented from happening again in the future. White and black alike.
      Not everyone can restrain a juvenile, if you could you must be strong. I know I sure can't. Zimmerman didn't just pull out a gun and shot him dead it happened during the physical fight. A physical fight did occured before Zimmerman shot him.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
        Not everyone can restrain a juvenile, if you could you must be strong. I know I sure can't. Zimmerman didn't just pull out a gun and shot him dead it happened during the physical fight. A physical fight did occured before Zimmerman shot him.
        Nope I am not strong. I was given instruction and classes on how to defuse a confrontational situation and on how to restrain someone if needed Which is the very least someone should know in my opinion if they are paroling a neighborhood with a deadly weapon. I see no evidence that his life was in serious physical jeopardy to the point of needing to shoot him. I will leave it at that since we do not agree. It all takes away from the point that this death was tragic and the response is divisive on both sides and lacking in Christ's love imo.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Tcpix02 View Post
          Now one should be talking about Obama's response to it or the lefts for that matter IMO. It doesn't matter what they say. It only matters that we respond the way the lord would have us to. I think what is far more important is to pray for the family of this young man and discuss how such a horrible thing can be prevented from happening again in the future. White and black alike.
          You are right. This is a sad, unfortunate situation filled with a lot of wrong. I agree, prayer and reliance on God is very important. Pray for everyone involved.

          The problem is, there are now two separate issues.

          One is the case itself. It should be discussed/put together/tried in the way all cases are. We've been given bits and pieces about both guys involved, but it's still not the whole case. No one can truly have a fully informed opinion just yet. That's just the obvious truth.

          The other is that the race card has been thrown out there and our president has made comments as well...in a election year. It matters very much what he and other Democrats say. It matters because it will impede Trayvon's family's ability to grieve. It could turn them to anger and hate. It matters to Zimmerman because he is on the receiving end of "you're a racist!" condemnation. It could endanger his life. It matters because it uselessly and inappropriately sparks more division and argument. It matters because it looks like it can easily become a political tool and issue.
          The penitent man kneels before God...and then rolls forward.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by CorrinM View Post
            You are right. This is a sad, unfortunate situation filled with a lot of wrong. I agree, prayer and reliance on God is very important. Pray for everyone involved.

            The problem is, there are now two separate issues.

            One is the case itself. It should be discussed/put together/tried in the way all cases are. We've been given bits and pieces about both guys involved, but it's still not the whole case. No one can truly have a fully informed opinion just yet. That's just the obvious truth.

            The other is that the race card has been thrown out there and our president has made comments as well...in a election year. It matters very much what he and other Democrats say. It matters because it will impede Trayvon's family's ability to grieve. It could turn them to anger and hate. It matters to Zimmerman because he is on the receiving end of "you're a racist!" condemnation. It could endanger his life. It matters because it uselessly and inappropriately sparks more division and argument. It matters because it looks like it can easily become a political tool and issue.
            I agree. It is important to wait for all the facts to come in. Your points about the race issue being used are legitimate. But I believe the response to it is totally wrong. Rather than throwing barbs at the left, attacking Trayvon or reacting with anger by verbally attacking back, I think we would be much better served to just reach out in love. For Christian's to reach out to the community where this occurred with compassion and love. Not judgement. To pray and seek the lord together and just maybe see this destructive work be quickly stomped out. Then maybe the parents won't feel hate but instead loved and that all mourn for their loss not just "their own". Hate never destroys hate, only love (the lord's love) does that.

            Comment


            • #36
              He was told, by the police, to stop stalking Martin, and refused.
              Not true according to a report last night on Fox.

              The 911 dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following the suspicious person.

              Zimmerman relied "yes".

              The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that".

              Zimmerman said "OK".

              The police said Zimmerman returned to his truck -- they could hear him opening the door. Apparently Martin had turned around and followed him to the truck, starting a fight.

              Yes, it's a tragedy a young man is dead ... I get that. But when someone breaks your nose and begins slamming your head on the pavement you do have a right to use deadly force. At least in Florida.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BarbT View Post
                Not true according to a report last night on Fox.

                The 911 dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following the suspicious person.

                Zimmerman relied "yes".

                The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that".

                Zimmerman said "OK".

                The police said Zimmerman returned to his truck -- they could hear him opening the door. Apparently Martin had turned around and followed him to the truck, starting a fight.

                Yes, it's a tragedy a young man is dead ... I get that. But when someone breaks your nose and begins slamming your head on the pavement you do have a right to use deadly force. At least in Florida.
                That doesn't sound credible to me. Why would TM follow him back to his truck and start a fight after trying to avoid a fight? I put all the blame on Zimmerman for taking the law into his own hands. He should have never left his truck and let the police do their job. We don't need vigilantes running around regulating the laws. Zimmerman never saw TM do anything only said he looked suspicious. Most likely because he was black and had a hoodie on. Whether this whole case really has anything to do with race is another thing, but I do know the media took it and ran with it and is exploiting it for all it's worth.

                Let's suppose that Zimmerman saw TM rob someone or do a crime. Would that justify his actions? The right thing is to call the police give them all the info and let them handle it.
                I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

                In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

                Comment


                • #38
                  Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks

                  http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...demarks-769123
                  The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

                  Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

                  Comment


                  • #39

                    That is just so wrong! As a mother I would not want to profit anything from my child's death!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Mtown View Post
                      That doesn't sound credible to me. Why would TM follow him back to his truck and start a fight after trying to avoid a fight? I put all the blame on Zimmerman for taking the law into his own hands. He should have never left his truck and let the police do their job. We don't need vigilantes running around regulating the laws. Zimmerman never saw TM do anything only said he looked suspicious. Most likely because he was black and had a hoodie on. Whether this whole case really has anything to do with race is another thing, but I do know the media took it and ran with it and is exploiting it for all it's worth.

                      Let's suppose that Zimmerman saw TM rob someone or do a crime. Would that justify his actions? The right thing is to call the police give them all the info and let them handle it.
                      Here's a link

                      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27...rtin-shooting/

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        A month after the actual shooting, here is what we as American citizens are faced with and must understand. Whether the information or disinformation is correct or incorrect is really not the focus sadly. The focus is the degree of inflexibilty and head strongness of the race activists and their militant cohorts if the results of the ordeal do not meet their expectations. The display of such sterness and disturbing comments should reveal to anybody that the activists are only interested in and can only be satisifed with 'Some Heads Are Gonna Role" actions. These folks mean business this time and any underlying thoughts one may have that they may be negotiated with to pacify the situation over to better times is totaly fooling themselves IMHO.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
                          I wasn't doubting your source. The report of TM following Zimmerman back to his truck doesn't make sense or sound credible.
                          I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

                          In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Barb, do you have a link?


                            http://www.raptureready.com/rr-liberal-media.html

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Mtown View Post
                              That doesn't sound credible to me. Why would TM follow him back to his truck and start a fight after trying to avoid a fight? I put all the blame on Zimmerman for taking the law into his own hands.
                              This is yet to be determined, the investigation is ongoing. Let's allow the justice system to work. Zimmerman had every right to patrol his neighborhood. According to him their neighborhood has had some crime, and this wasn't the first time he had called the police. He had called the police frequently to report suspicious behavior.

                              He should have never left his truck and let the police do their job. We don't need vigilantes running around regulating the laws.
                              What a bunch of garbage.... A community has the right to have volunteers patrol neighborhoods. Police tend to react to a crime not necessarily prevent it.

                              Zimmerman never saw TM do anything only said he looked suspicious. Most likely because he was black and had a hoodie on.
                              Again, more garbage. If it was about race, Mr Zimmerman would have just shot him in the beginning, what nonsense. Nothing here indicates racism. As I have pointed out Zimmerman has called the police frequently while watching his community, and his community has had crime.

                              Read this and stop listening to the race-baiters:

                              http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/30733740/detail.html

                              Let's suppose that Zimmerman saw TM rob someone or do a crime. Would that justify his actions? The right thing is to call the police give them all the info and let them handle it.
                              Apples and oranges. On one hand you are using a random crime, what he was doing was patrolling where he lived because they had had some incidents of crime.

                              I get up and leave for work at 4:30 in the morning most days of the week. I have seen cars driving slowly in my neighborhood, and followed them and asked if I could help them. Should I have just left it alone? I have a family and so do my neighbors.

                              Used to be that communities watched and policed themselves. Police were called if a crime had already been committed. This no longer happens because neighbors don't know and don't want to know each other.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I don't think anyone could have just restrained a 6"3 170 pound guy who also played football so was in pretty top shape. The pictures show a very young Martin and also a picture of Zimmerman that is not what he looks like now. I also was outraged at first about this death till all the facts came out and his injuries were pointed out Zimmerman had a broken nose and cuts on the back of his head from being slammed into the sidewalk he according to witness's who have no reason to lie was on the ground with Martin on top of him and he was going back to his truck after watching this young man who if you saw pictures of him now looks like a gang banger. I bet everyone here would have wondered what he was doing in your neighborhood if he was walking around it and was not one of your neighbors. Florida allows concealed weapons and allows a person to defend himself so what Zimmerman did may seem awful he most likely was justified and that is why police didn't arrest him. He also had grass stains on the back of his shirt according to the police. I really feel bad that this young man was killed it shouldn't have happened but it appears circumstances got out of hand but I don't believe it is any more Zimmermans fault than Martins. What has happened since outrages me Jackson and Sharpton have caused an uproar and the black panthers want to take the law in their own hands and even advertise it without any repercuptions that is what is outrageous right now and Zimmerman will never be able to get a fair trail if this even goes to court. The media caused this fray by putting out pictures of a young innocent young boy instead of what he looks like now and a picture of Zimmerman that makes him look like an idiot. You better believe they did it on purpose and then good ole Obama walked right into it he was very stupid for making a comment about looking like he could be his son since Martin looks so much different than his little boy pictures that Obama had been seeing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X