Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Christians must vote in midterms.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christians must vote in midterms.

I have read where up to 25 million christians in America did not vote in the 2016 election. The most important election in our nations history is the coming midterm election in my opinion. Please vote , our religious liberties are on the line, as well as the possibility of overturning Roe vs Wade.

The percentage of the population that is eligible to vote that votes is quite low... which means either side (conservative or liberal) could win elections by a landslide if they could get the majority of like-minded people to actually vote. As I age out, I'm also seeing how important it is to take the time necessary to educate oneself regarding the candidates, not just for national elections, but for all levels. Our fairly conservative community just voted in an extremely liberal group of people to run our Borough (County)... I understand that less than 17% of eligible voters voted in that local election so about 9% got to pick our local representatives... Most people don't vote and those that do often don't do the necessary homework to ensure they vote according to their values.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I vote in every single election because it is very important. I saw how critical it was in the 2000 election between Al Gore and George Bush, when the outcome of the election was determined by 500 or so votes in the state of Florida.

Comment

I filled out my mail-in ballot yesterday. The part I hate is voting for local and state judges when I don't know anything about them. They are considered non-partisan positions.

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Watcher View Post
          I filled out my mail-in ballot yesterday. The part I hate is voting for local and state judges when I don't know anything about them. They are considered non-partisan positions.
          Dropping off our mail ballots today too and I also find it hard to decide on judges, I do not trust the rating system on them I wish there were several Christian based groups that rated judges. The way they are graded now is input from attorneys , I don't trust them they could be liberal minded and like they way a judge is making decisions, like being too lenient on criminals, they may be released and end up injuring or even killing other citizens.
          John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

I also hate not knowing enough about judges. If I leave that part blank will the rest of my vote count?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caligal View Post
              I also hate not knowing enough about judges. If I leave that part blank will the rest of my vote count?
              Yes, it will, but I've always thought that if I leave anything blank then it would be easy for someone unscrupulous to alter it after the fact. If there is a write in... maybe fill in that oval.

It bothers me too that there usually isn't anything in the local paper about judges up for re-election. There's judicial watch but sometimes it's hard to get our hands on their information.

3 trees

Comment

Mac finally found some stats on some of them. If they are having early voting we will do that later this afternoon.
                sigpic

Comment

Definitely voting in midterms this November. I took a few hours off from work to do that; i don want to have the "I'm too tired to vote" excuse. This time it seems just as important as the Presidential elections. I'm seeing Biblical prophecies being fulfilled everyday in that we call good evil, and evil good; immorality; and violence in every corner just because of Religious or political beliefs. I would love to get leaders in office that represent us.

Comment

We voted early. When I walked in they all told me I was number 600 that had voted that day and that was their goal. What fun, they all were so happy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I usually vote straight party ticket. Judges are really important and good judges are lost because folks do not know who they are and do not vote the party ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                        I usually vote straight party ticket. Judges are really important and good judges are lost because folks do not know who they are and do not vote the party ticket.
                        I've never lived in a place where judges are on the ballot in any way but non-partisan. I'm curious where that's not the case.

3 trees

Comment

I'm going to vote, but it'll do little good. Unfortunately, one part of my state always decides who gets elected and in the last decade it's gone from being Republican to Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by fl2007rn View Post
                            I vote in every single election because it is very important. I saw how critical it was in the 2000 election between Al Gore and George Bush, when the outcome of the election was determined by 500 or so votes in the state of Florida.
                            I remember that. it was a major spiritual battle just how trump dumfounded the left by winning the past election.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeWarpWife View Post
                              I'm going to vote, but it'll do little good. Unfortunately, one part of my state always decides who gets elected and in the last decade it's gone from being Republican to Democrat.
                              The Seattle/King County area carries the vote in my state. That's how we ended up with marriage perversion and marijuana, and the likes of Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell term after term. I want term limits!!! Cantwell is on the ballot again. sigh...

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Working...
                              X