No announcement yet.

Is the Media the “Enemy of the People”?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Media the “Enemy of the People”?

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/270...iel-greenfield

Is the Media the “Enemy of the People”?

If an enemy controlled the media, would the news look any different?

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical left and Islamic terrorism
    Traveling on Air Force One to Helsinki, President Trump tweeted that the media was the “enemy of the people”.
    It wasn’t the first time that he had said or tweeted it. And it never fails to get a rise out of the media.
    President Trump had referred to the New York Times, CNN and NBC News as “the enemy of the American people” shortly after taking office. At CPAC, soon afterward, he declared, “I called the fake news the enemy of the people, and they are — they are the enemy of the people.”
    Trump’s comments inspired Washington Post and New York Times pieces comparing him to Stalin. Every marginal political figure looking for 15 seconds of slobbering media coverage, from Senator Jeff Flake to Khrushchev's great-granddaughter, joined in with the silly Stalin analogies.
    CBS and NBC vet Marvin Kalb wrote a book ponderously titled, “Enemy of the People: Trump's War on the Press, the New McCarthyism, and the Threat to American Democracy.” Despite the media’s outrage at being called names, it’s not at all shy about calling the President all sorts of apocalyptic names.
    “Mr. President, will you stop calling us the enemy of the people, sir? CNN’s Jim Acosta demanded during a recent tax anniversary reform event.
    That’s not too likely.

Click on link above to read full article

Last edited by Tall Timbers; July 18th, 2018, 10:56 AM. Reason: Mod edit for copyright considerations

Absolutely it is. After reading Revelation, I always wondered how globalism would come about. When I see, hear, and read our delusional media, I see who’s leading the charge.

Comment

When I was growing up the media reported the news...without their opinion...and to some extent they had a watchdog function.
      Today, most, not all, the media has an agenda and they report everything through a prism to further that agenda.
      There are some folks who try to report facts...but it is impossible to do so without covering the inaccuracy of the majority of the media (for that is a large part of the news these days!!!) and thus opinions are interjected again on the other viewpoint.
      It is very dangerous what is going on as how on earth is one able to sort out the "true" bad in the midst of the onslaught of the "false" bad?
      There are a few FOX news folks that I follow and a few radio folks that I follow and a few internet blogs/news folks that I follow.
      There are a few sites that are truly trying to sort out what is really going on and to tell you the truth when I read them it is so difficult for me to read them as everything is so discouraging and convoluted and I can only sift through and takein so much at one time...and it is when I do so that I really get the enormity of the evil that is going on and the full understanding of how YES the majority of the media is the enemy of the average U.S. citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
        YES the majority of the media is the enemy of the average U.S. citizen.
        Ditto

Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

When they lie and misrepresent things, they certainly are the enemy. If only they would just lay out the facts and let us decide for ourselves. I am so tired of turning on the news or looking at the headline of an article, and seeing some hysterical overblown opinion. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! But if one of their favorites, such as obama or clinton, did something naughty, there is dead silence. Nothing to see here. Move along. Truthfully, I can't stand to watch the news anymore.

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Working...
          X