Separation of Families at the Border

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation of Families at the Border

I've been browsing the posts here in recent weeks and noticed no one is mentioning the fervent outrage surrounding the separation of children from their parents at the border.

What do you all think about this?

Don't come here illegally and there won't be an issue. The parents are at fault. We have every right as a sovereign nation to make and enforce our laws. Democrats are just using this as a midterm election issue.

Comment

I don't understand WHY we are taking the chldren. Stop them at the border and send the whole family back! Or, if they are found within the U.S. transport the whole family back to Mexico! If they are here illegally, they need to leave........ all of them. The parents only have themselves to blame for this separation, since they brought their kids in illegally, as well as themselves. But, we shouldn't be keeping the kids!!! It seems to be malevolent activity of some kind that our government is doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by respicefinem View Post
        Don't come here illegally and there won't be an issue. The parents are at fault. We have every right as a sovereign nation to make and enforce our laws. Democrats are just using this as a midterm election issue.
        Exactly.

Comment

Build the Wall! A good Wall should make the problem a lot smaller than it is today. Separating kids from adults while processing is the way things have been done across multiple administrations, the Dems are just using it to try and turn people against President Trump. People illegally crossing our borders are committing a crime.

It is sad and unfortunate that the people coming here aren't staying together with their children in their home countries, and if they would like to immigrate to the United States, there is a legal path to follow.
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

{Mod Edit}

https://www.apnews.com/9794de32d39d4c6f89fbefaea3780769

I thought the GOP was the party of personal responsibility. So far, everything that happens is the fault of literally everyone and anyone else but them. Jeff Sessions is the one who announced the policy. Stephen Miller is the one who came up with it and supports it 100%. Sessions and Sanders are the ones saying it is Biblical to follow the law. I would like to know how they'd respond to Isaiah 10:1:Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed.

Trump talks out of one side of his mouth saying he hates the law, but, hey, it's the Dems' fault. So why won't he sign an executive order to stop it from happening if he hates it so much? We all know he's never had a problem signing them before.

Also, this is very important: It is not the law to separate children from their parents. It is the zero-tolerance policy implemented by Sessions. No one is forcing an entirely Republican-majority government to do this. They control every branch of the government and yet blame the Democrats at every turn. [Mod Edit}
            Last edited by Tall Timbers; June 19th, 2018, 12:06 AM. Reason: See rule 22

Comment

Well, then - I guess the police should never arrest anyone who breaks the law if they have a child because that would separate the child from the parent by putting the parent(s) in jail, right? Children are separated from their parents an awful lot in the U.S. when the parents are here legally or by birth ... U.S. citizens...

Sooo....I don't understand why the same shouldn't apply to illegal aliens?

My heart breaks for the children caught up in these situations but parents should exercise responsibility in caring and protecting them by following the law. Come to the U.S. legally like you're supposed to do.

EDIT to add: If the law doesn't work, then our representatives should vote in new laws that reflect the will of the people. Trump should not sign any execute orders to change things. There is a process by which laws should be changed and it needs to go through those channels.

Comment

I hate to see the families get separated like this, it seems cruel to me.
                Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
                  I don't understand WHY we are taking the chldren. Stop them at the border and send the whole family back! Or, if they are found within the U.S. transport the whole family back to Mexico! If they are here illegally, they need to leave........ all of them. The parents only have themselves to blame for this separation, since they brought their kids in illegally, as well as themselves. But, we shouldn't be keeping the kids!!! It seems to be malevolent activity of some kind that our government is doing this.
                  I agree with U Kathy.
                  Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Homeland Security Secretary Kristjen Nielsen explained in an interview yesterday that the ONLY reasons an illegal immigrant's children are separated from them is when a familial relationship cannot be verified, the child is endangered because the parent(s) are not responsible, or the parent(s) is a convicted criminal - that's it. Plus, the Bush and Obama administrations did the same thing. In fact, Obama deliberately tried to hide the fact his administration was doing it. The same rules that apply to American children being separated from their parents - no proven relationship, abuse, or convicted criminal - as the illegals. Same treatment, trying to protect the children. This is yet another lie being put forth by the Democratic Party in order to make President Trump out to be a monster and to gain votes for themselves in the mid-terms. It's much ado about nothing!

Comment

Read this interview--it is very eye-opening and important: https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/wh...ies-separated/

Originally posted by luvJC View Post
                      Well, then - I guess the police should never arrest anyone who breaks the law if they have a child because that would separate the child from the parent by putting the parent(s) in jail, right? Children are separated from their parents an awful lot in the U.S. when the parents are here legally or by birth ... U.S. citizens...

Sooo....I don't understand why the same shouldn't apply to illegal aliens?
                      This is a false equivalence. Most of the time, if a parent is taken to jail, the child is taken care of by the other parent, or a relative. The child is still in somewhat of a familiar environment. That doesn't mean that they are not also traumatized, and our prison/justice system leaves a lot to be desired, but it's not the same thing. Two very different scenarios.

Originally posted by luvJC View Post
                      My heart breaks for the children caught up in these situations but parents should exercise responsibility in caring and protecting them by following the law. Come to the U.S. legally like you're supposed to do.

EDIT to add: If the law doesn't work, then our representatives should vote in new laws that reflect the will of the people. Trump should not sign any execute orders to change things. There is a process by which laws should be changed and it needs to go through those channels.
                      Seeking asylum at Border Patrol is the legal way to seek asylum. But thanks to this policy they are making it even more complicated to do so.

And, one more time, this policy is not a law. There is no such law. It is a policy that was announced by Jeff Sessions in May. It will take very little effort on Trump's part to do away with this policy but he is not doing so, preferring to point fingers as he always does. See the link I put in the beginning of this post.

Homeland Security Secretary Kristjen Nielsen explained in an interview yesterday that the ONLY reasons an illegal immigrant's children are separated from them is when a familial relationship cannot be verified, the child is endangered because the parent(s) are not responsible, or the parent(s) is a convicted criminal - that's it.
                      Not true, see link.

Plus, the Bush and Obama administrations did the same thing. In fact, Obama deliberately tried to hide the fact his administration was doing it.
                      ​​​​​​​If this is true, then it was wrong then too. Just because it was wrong under someone else and no one did anything about it, doesn't give it the excuse to continue now that we do know about it. Wrong is wrong.

Comment

SweetG, I big to differ with you. I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears what Ms. Nielsen had to say on the subject. Yet again, fake news from the left is misinforming the public and the public is swallowing a bunch of liberal bilgewater.

Comment

It is horrible for the poor children but I agree with those who says it goes back to the parents coming here ILLEGALLY. President Trump is darned if he does and darned if he doesn't on this issue
                          Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

I don't understand why everyone is blaming Trump for the law-breaking of the parents? Let's not forget, the same ones crying about how unjust it is to do this to children are the same ones that think nothing of torturing and killing an unborn baby. Let's place the blame where it belongs. If they are so worried about the child not being placed with family they should send the children back to their homeland where their family is.

Comment

Originally posted by penbrat View Post
                              It is horrible for the poor children but I agree with those who says it goes back to the parents coming here ILLEGALLY. President Trump is darned if he does and darned if he doesn't on this issue
                              I think that this is just the latest attack on our President by the left. The outrage we keep hearing about is part of the talking points to undermine our nation and our President. The left is pinning their hopes on this latest "outrage" and when it fails, and I hope it does, there will be something else to follow this. The attacks won't stop until the left is in power again, in a position where they can continue to lawlessly degrade and destroy our nation.

None of the kids separated from their parents, nor their parents should be in our country in the first place. That their basic necessities are being provided for by our taxpayers is a generous kindness. We need a good border wall to make it more difficult for people to illegally enter our country in the first place. If our border is successfully closed, maybe those who in the past might try to make it to the USA in violation of our laws will instead fight to make their own countries a better place.
                              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Working...
                              X