In Defense of Evangelicals Who Support Trump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Defense of Evangelicals Who Support Trump

It is usually easier for an outsider to defend a person or a group that is attacked than for the person or group.

In that vein, this Jew would like to defend evangelicals and other Christians who support President Donald Trump. They are regularly attacked as religious hypocrites who give Christianity in general, and evangelical Christianity in particular, a bad name.

The people writing such things are often Christians, including evangelicals.

https://townhall.com/columnists/denn...group-n2444836

I thought this was a well written piece and I liked the wrap up in the article. God often chose and chooses unlikely individuals to use for His glory.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

You are on fire today brother, another fine read!
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

I have always enjoyed reading and listening to Dennis Praeger. He certainly shows wisdom in his words.

Comment

TT that was a very good article.
        Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Just read this. Rahab indeed.

Comment

It's interesting that Obama was praised and loved by some because he was well spoken, good looking, had a beautiful wife and family and was black, yet no one seemed to care about his policies. I support Trump who has excellent policies, but there is not a lot I can say positive about him personally. I don't care if an ape ran for president and won as long as his policies align with what I believe, I would support him or she. Do you vote for how someone looks and acts, or what they support and believe in? I have had many, many people tell me just how bad a president Trump is, but none of them state a problem with his policies, just with what he personally says or does. My two cents. (:

Comment

Originally posted by goodboy View Post
              It's interesting that Obama was praised and loved by some because he was well spoken, good looking, had a beautiful wife and family and was black, yet no one seemed to care about his policies. I support Trump who has excellent policies, but there is not a lot I can say positive about him personally. I don't care if an ape ran for president and won as long as his policies align with what I believe, I would support him or she. Do you vote for how someone looks and acts, or what they support and believe in? I have had many, many people tell me just how bad a president Trump is, but none of them state a problem with his policies, just with what he personally says or does. My two cents. (:
              I had a boss once who had a huge heart... he also had a very vulgar mouth. Who am I to judge? He was a good boss who happened to have a vulgar mouth. If we were all without flaws I imagine the divorce rate would be zero and our politicians would all be honest. I'd rather have someone like President Trump who may well rub me the wrong way when he tweets, and may say things quite frequently that many of us might consider un-presidential, but seems to be the first President in a very long time who appears to be trying to achieve his campaign promises, v.s. your typical politician for whom words are cheap and who will offer favors to the more lucrative bidders at the expense of the American people and our country...

Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Working...
              X