2018 State of the Union

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 State of the Union

Analysis: Despite Dems' Petulant Scowling, Trump's SOTU Was Strong and Effective

President Trump's State of the Union Address was, for the most part, quite conservative -- and, I suspect, quite effective with viewers. Whether it will have any lasting impact remains to be seen, but I'd be surprised, given the hyperdrive pace of today's news cycles and the president's uncanny ability to step on his own message. Let's start with some highlights:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...lysis-n2442044

I didn't hear the speech, but this article seems to give a decent overview of the content.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

You missed a good one TT. Might be able to find it on YouTube.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

I caught the last 40 minutes, very well done, definitely worth listening to.
      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

In the past 66 years I've a seen lot of State of the Union addresses (read: a LOT), and the one last night was the best one I've ever experienced. As a bonus, the Democrats' sour/bored/I-can't-believe-he's-saying-this expressions were pure comedy gold!
        John Robinson

Scribe

Comment

In all the State of the Union address's I've watched, i have never seen a more negative ,unresponsive display by the Democrats that I saw last night. They are truly shooting themselves in the foot which will be seen in this years election...
          Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.í

Comment

It did a good speech for sure.
            Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

I watched the whole thing. President Trump was impressive. The Dems were their usual sour faced selves... ridiculous. I stopped watching when the commentators came on after the speech...It was like they listened to a totally different Trump than what I watched. I refused to watch the young Kennedy whining, foot stomping, crybaby speech too. Just ugh...

Comment

"pure comedy gold!"

Watching Joe Manchin start to jump up and then look around at the scowls then sit down was priceless..

Which ever way the wind blows Joe is gonna Go in November!

Comment

Working...
                X