Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had reached the point where I could not even look at or listen to our President and his cohorts, including Gibbs. The Lord has led me to pray for them while the TV is 'muted' to their rhetoric. I just started this last week, but thought it fit this forum well. I have prayed for their salvation, but mostly I pray that God will use them for good even though their intent appears harmful and evil.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

I think we should pray for leaders. I struggle with this and more often than not fail in it. It is something that I think I should do more of.

Comment

Originally posted by carol1948 View Post
        I had reached the point where I could not even look at or listen to our President and his cohorts, including Gibbs. The Lord has led me to pray for them while the TV is 'muted' to their rhetoric. I just started this last week, but thought it fit this forum well. I have prayed for their salvation, but mostly I pray that God will use them for good even though their intent appears harmful and evil.
        i HAVE felt the same about our President . now I will do likewise.
        Thanks for the suggestion!
        Psalms 62:6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken

Comment

Beautifully said.....

Originally posted by Kvat3r View Post
          " Jesus, as you hung on the cross dying for our sins..you said "forgive them, for they know not what they do" How can they if they don't know you. Lord I pray for the salvation of all of those leading this country to destruction. I pray that you intevene on there behalf. Let there be a huge awakening into the truth of who you are. You are Lord and saviour and you will rule and reign. Lord, I pray that you open there eyes to your truth...touch there blind eyes so that they will see. Lord, you sought so many of us on this board out..I pray you do the same for those leading this country. Our country is in trouble Lord, and I pray for your intervenion. We need it now more than ever. You said "If my people, which are called by MY NAME will humble themselves and pray, then you will hear from heaven and heal our land." Lord, these are frightening days we live in, and I pray that you heal our land. We need you Jesus, now more than ever. In Jesus name I pray...Amen.
          I feel the exact same way, even though it's hard sometimes; in the end, I always go back to this: 1. God commanded us to do it, and 2. I wouldn't wish an eternity absent from the Lord and burning in the Lake of Fire for any human being; they truly don't know what they do, and I pray they come to know the Lord as we have............pray without ceasing
          Peace, love, life, and kindness to ALL of God's Creatures

Comment

Praying for them.

Comment

Amen!

Originally posted by jmsmar07 View Post
              AMEN!!ing in agreement!!!
              Great prayer; I pray for all rulers daily; God wants no one to perish!
              Peace, love, life, and kindness to ALL of God's Creatures

Comment

I am praying for them but there is nothing wrong by ending the prayer as this...Dear Lord,even if they choose you(I pray they will), please remove them in November. I'm tired of seeing their faces. In Jesus' name, amen.
                'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.' PSALM 12:5.

Comment

Praying for our elected officials. They need it. Most of them are so poor in spirit. So blind and lost.

Comment

I think it's important to pray for our leaders, and the leaders in other nations that come to mind. I pray for their salvation first, then that they be used according to His will. I don't have a problem praying for their salvation, even our own traitorous president. I would truly love to see what salvation in Christ would do to that man. Still, if for no other reason, praying for our leaders (world, national, local) is an act of obedience that will help us grow in grace in spite of ourselves.

Maranatha!
                    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

praying.
                      For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

Comment

Praying...........

Comment

Certainly, we had what appeared to be 2 very poor choices to choose from in this election. Many of us voted for not who we liked, but against who we could not abide by. A rather sad situation.

But, we all know that God can use ANYONE, and that includes non-believers. I can not judge Trump or Clinton's beliefs, because I do not really KNOW either one of them. I recently received an interesting article (perhaps you have seen the same), asking the question, "Is Trump a Cyrus or a Nebuchadnezzar?" which brought up some interesting questions. So far he has stated he is pro-Israel. And it has been reported (and posted on the Rapture Ready website as well) that wasting NO time, the Sanhedrin have already approach Putin and Trump about building the Temple. Regardless of the validity of the information, it reminded me that God uses Godly and ungodly men to achieve His purpose.

I don't know why, but I have been "led" to pray for Mr. Trump more than ever. More than any other president before. I even wake up at night with this urge. I believe it is from the Holy Spirit, but regardless, the Word tells us to pray for our leaders.

So I will continue to pray, as are many of my friends. If God can use Cyrus and Nebuchadnezzar, who were "pagan" leaders, He can use anyone.. And if we truly believe that Yahweh is GOD, then we know that NOTHING is impossible for Him.
                          a Monarchist awaiting
                          "The Return of the King"

Comment

I too have been praying for President-elect Trump daily, and I am horrible at caring about politics.

I also learned on Saturday that there are thousands of government potions to fill in Washington DC, so my prayer is not only that these positions will be filled with people of integrity, but especially by Christians. But I am also praying for God to stir the hearts of the believers and that He would make them want to apply. That they will put aside their tiredness, or their wounds, or their fear, and step into the nation's Capitol as a sacrificial act of obedience to the Lord, as the Lord stirs their hearts. Some positions need special training, and there is a government website you can go to to see all the positions. Ones like the people who run the Department of Homeland Security, etc, etc. With the right people in place, it can be that God moves and maybe uses the United States of America in mighty ways for His glory. Perhaps this could mean that the gospel can go out to all corners of the earth!

United, that word is also in many of my prayers, our country needs to be united again.

Revival, praying for that too!! That would be the best solution (but God's will be done)!!!!!
                            "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                            always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                            knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X