The Boy Scouts are gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boy Scouts are gone

The Boy Scouts I was a part of are no more.

And the dismantling of the Republic continues at a merry pace.

https://www.yahoo.com/newsroom/vibes...ograms-2r6kk4g
    John Robinson

Scribe

And the Girl Scouts have become a bastion of liberal thought. Liberals took ownership of the National Organization and then practically overnight transformed it in their image. I was both a Cub Scout Den and a Girl Scout Troop leader for years and years.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

Look for Trail Life USA for boys, and American Heritage Girls, for girls.

I imagine Trail Life USA will get even more folks who don't want the changes the BSA is making. Many who are already at TL used to be in BSA programs. I also know TL is strict with only allowing men to lead the older boys, women leaders are ok for grade-school age boys, but not the older boys.

I guess this news shouldn't come as a surprise, but I was surprised at the speed at which it came.

Oh, and the BSA fee increases have been steady and steep during the last decade, so I suspect the BSA is hurting financially because of past decisions. They would never admit such. Too bad they can't see they are shooting themselves, not in the foot, but in the main artery!
      "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
      always abounding in the work of the Lord;
      knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Proud Member Order of the Arrow >>>
        sigpic
        I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
        Psalm 16:8 KJV

Comment

When I was a little girl I wanted to join the Girl Scouts because some of my friends were in it. I grew up in a Christian household and my parents would not let me join because the Scouts are not a Christian based organization. I am now in the my 50's and I am so thankful for the spiritual guidance I had from my parents. They were absolutely correct to be wary of this organization because they are on a slippery slope towards a liberal view point.

I feel bad for young Christian families because it is very difficult to protect your children from the liberal and sinful views that are so prevalent today. Parents must always be on guard from what there kids hear in school, on TV, and the internet, and now they have to worry about what their little ones are exposed to in the Boy or Girl Scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by fl2007rn View Post
            When I was a little girl I wanted to join the Girl Scouts because some of my friends were in it. I grew up in a Christian household and my parents would not let me join because the Scouts are not a Christian based organization. I am now in the my 50's and I am so thankful for the spiritual guidance I had from my parents. They were absolutely correct to be wary of this organization because they are on a slippery slope towards a liberal view point.

I feel bad for young Christian families because it is very difficult to protect your children from the liberal and sinful views that are so prevalent today. Parents must always be on guard from what there kids hear in school, on TV, and the internet, and now they have to worry about what their little ones are exposed to in the Boy or Girl Scouts.
            I struggled with this too. But, knowing my girls are left to socialize and be in this world for now, I chose to become the Girl Scout Leader. I don’t do the GS pledge with our troop, we don’t use the GS guidelines about personal matters (like “women’s health”) instead I teach the girls practical old school “homesteading” type skills like sewing and cooking and shopping on a budget, and I read the stories of girl heroes in the Bible. And camping admiring God’s handiwork. And we do community service. Send boxes for Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan’s Purse etc. I’m fortunate because so far I haven’t had my chops busted for sharing my faith with the girls; one advantage of the bit backwards traditional state of Missouri The GS is not ideal but at least I can monitor what they’re exposed to socially and the adult role models they interact with.
            That said, the BSA wanting to let girls join is sad and just a liberal, gender confusion sign of our times
            Toots

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
              Look for Trail Life USA for boys, and American Heritage Girls, for girls.

I imagine Trail Life USA will get even more folks who don't want the changes the BSA is making. Many who are already at TL used to be in BSA programs. I also know TL is strict with only allowing men to lead the older boys, women leaders are ok for grade-school age boys, but not the older boys.

I guess this news shouldn't come as a surprise, but I was surprised at the speed at which it came.

Oh, and the BSA fee increases have been steady and steep during the last decade, so I suspect the BSA is hurting financially because of past decisions. They would never admit such. Too bad they can't see they are shooting themselves, not in the foot, but in the main artery!
              Truth!! We don’t have TL near enough to us to be practical
              Toots

Comment

Originally posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
                I struggled with this too. But, knowing my girls are left to socialize and be in this world for now, I chose to become the Girl Scout Leader. I don’t do the GS pledge with our troop, we don’t use the GS guidelines about personal matters (like “women’s health”) instead I teach the girls practical old school “homesteading” type skills like sewing and cooking and shopping on a budget, and I read the stories of girl heroes in the Bible. And camping admiring God’s handiwork. And we do community service. Send boxes for Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan’s Purse etc. I’m fortunate because so far I haven’t had my chops busted for sharing my faith with the girls; one advantage of the bit backwards traditional state of Missouri The GS is not ideal but at least I can monitor what they’re exposed to socially and the adult role models they interact with.
                That said, the BSA wanting to let girls join is sad and just a liberal, gender confusion sign of our times
                That is so awesome you are able to influence the girls with your Christian values! I am sure my parents would have let me join the Girl Scouts in the 1960's if I had a Scout leader like you. The Lord has put you in that position so you can teach and to lead the girls in the right direction. Hats off to you and keep up the good work!

Comment

Here's how liberals killed the Boy Scouts (and everything else they loathe):

1. Identify a beloved institution
                  2. Kill it
                  3. Gut it
                  4. Wear its corpse as a skin suit
                  5. Demand respect

Thus endeth the lesson.
                  John Robinson

Scribe

Comment

That is so awesome you are able to influence the girls with your Christian values! I am sure my parents would have let me join the Girl Scouts in the 1960's if I had a Scout leader like you. The Lord has put you in that position so you can teach and to lead the girls in the right direction. Hats off to you and keep up the good work!
                    May God bless you, Blessedmomuv5 for your faithfulness to God in filling the role of GSA leader in such a wonderful way. You are like a breath of fresh air in a dark and stumbling world.
                    sigpic
                    -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                      May God bless you, Blessedmomuv5 for your faithfulness to God in filling the role of GSA leader in such a wonderful way. You are like a breath of fresh air in a dark and stumbling world.

I agree, Lynn!!

Comment

Yes, fl2007rn, it is such a blessing to have Christian parents! I tried Brownies but it just didn't click. Some years later my Mom took me to Pioneer Girls, which was totally awesome. It was like Girl Scouts, but better, because it was a Christian organization and it was more like Boy Scouts in some ways (pocket knives, camping, fires, smores, etc). I was even challenged to learn how to make a fire and light it using only 3 matches (of course it was rainy that day too). Lots of things for the 'tom-boy' in me! And most importantly, it was the leaders of the Pioneer Girls who taught me to pray to accept Jesus into my heart. Oh, wow, it just occurred to me that I can thank them once I get to heaven! We moved not too long after that, and I lost touch with them.

I still have my books from Pioneer Girls, and now can see the solid foundation that it built - it didn't just teach the Bible, but it taught truths of who God is, who Jesus is, and who I am (as a pre-teen at the time that was totally what I needed!). Lots of scripture and how it applies to life. I found myself wishing I could find new copies of those books (they are like workbooks, and mine have been written in, so can't re-use) and re-use them for today's youth. Or re-write them to disciple new believers.

I am so amazed at what God has done in my life!

Oh, and BlessdMomUv5, maybe we should pray that a TL starts up near you!
                        "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                        always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                        knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

I too was a Boy Scout. Sadly, they were lost some time ago due to their position on homosexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                            Yes, fl2007rn, it is such a blessing to have Christian parents! I tried Brownies but it just didn't click. Some years later my Mom took me to Pioneer Girls, which was totally awesome. It was like Girl Scouts, but better, because it was a Christian organization and it was more like Boy Scouts in some ways (pocket knives, camping, fires, smores, etc). I was even challenged to learn how to make a fire and light it using only 3 matches (of course it was rainy that day too). Lots of things for the 'tom-boy' in me! And most importantly, it was the leaders of the Pioneer Girls who taught me to pray to accept Jesus into my heart. Oh, wow, it just occurred to me that I can thank them once I get to heaven! We moved not too long after that, and I lost touch with them.

I still have my books from Pioneer Girls, and now can see the solid foundation that it built - it didn't just teach the Bible, but it taught truths of who God is, who Jesus is, and who I am (as a pre-teen at the time that was totally what I needed!). Lots of scripture and how it applies to life. I found myself wishing I could find new copies of those books (they are like workbooks, and mine have been written in, so can't re-use) and re-use them for today's youth. Or re-write them to disciple new believers.

I am so amazed at what God has done in my life!

Oh, and BlessdMomUv5, maybe we should pray that a TL starts up near you!
                            Thanks for all the kind words everyone. FF, I’m actually considering starting a new chapter of Trail Life/American Heritage Girls here. But I feel like the timing isn’t right yet. I prayed about it and I feel like I was told to stay put as a GS leader for now if I feel led to start an AHG in the future I’m planning to kidnap (not really) my girls from my troop
                            Toots

Comment

“Why can’t girls join the Boy Scouts?”

“Cause they are girls. “

“Where does it say that directly that they can’t?”

“In the title “Boy Scout”. Being a boy is heavily implicated”

-Ben Shapiro talking to a transgender apologist.
                              Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X