The Boy Scouts are gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    And the Girl Scouts have become a bastion of liberal thought. Liberals took ownership of the National Organization and then practically overnight transformed it in their image. I was both a Cub Scout Den and a Girl Scout Troop leader for years and years.
    Originally posted by respicefinem View Post
    I too was a Boy Scout. Sadly, they were lost some time ago due to their position on homosexuality.

Girl Scouts with your male who identifies as female troop leader or the Boy Scouts with your homosexual troop leader. Pick your poison. You shouldn't in good conscience put your kids in either of them these days. It's all gone to rot.

Comment

Former Boy Scout, OA member, and father to two beautiful daughters here. Im just sitting here wondering what I would say to my daughter if she came to me and asked me if she can join Boy Scouts. Not that it would ever happen. I'd like to know how many girls out there want to join boy scouts or if this is all coming from their parents desires. I see it all the time in youth sports....my guess is it's the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by jreed3 View Post
        Former Boy Scout, OA member, and father to two beautiful daughters here. Im just sitting here wondering what I would say to my daughter if she came to me and asked me if she can join Boy Scouts. Not that it would ever happen. I'd like to know how many girls out there want to join boy scouts or if this is all coming from their parents desires. I see it all the time in youth sports....my guess is it's the parents.
        I am a woman, but when I was young I wanted to join the Boy Scouts. I simply enjoyed doing boy things. Riding bikes and playing cowboys and indians, playing in mud, camping, etc. Not sure why. My father died when I was 9, so perhaps he was influencing me but I did not know it? Perhaps there are hormonal reasons caused by food impurities? Perhaps our enemy plays a role. Maybe what i learned from society and public school? Perhaps I was born this way. But i think we should be careful to not always blame the parents. To this day I think and act more comfortable around men. Which sometimes is not a good Christian witness (i am careful to not be too friendly with married men especially) and got me in trouble in my young adult years when I was not following God's commands.
        "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
        always abounding in the work of the Lord;
        knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
          I am a woman, but when I was young I wanted to join the Boy Scouts. I simply enjoyed doing boy things. Riding bikes and playing cowboys and indians, playing in mud, camping, etc. Not sure why. My father died when I was 9, so perhaps he was influencing me but I did not know it? Perhaps there are hormonal reasons caused by food impurities? Perhaps our enemy plays a role. Maybe what i learned from society and public school? Perhaps I was born this way. But i think we should be careful to not always blame the parents. To this day I think and act more comfortable around men. Which sometimes is not a good Christian witness (i am careful to not be too friendly with married men especially) and got me in trouble in my young adult years when I was not following God's commands.
          The parents have a moral responsibility to prevent this stuff from going beyond a certain limit. It is fine for children to run and play, but encouraging a mix of the sexes beyond that just leads to stuff like this. You can run, jump, play in the mud, camp, ride bikes. There is nothing about that which is limited to men. But do it in the Girl Scouts. If they don't do it, then do it on your own. Giving a pass to parents or having an even partial toleration for a mix just builds and builds and eventually small compromises lead to the whole thing giving way.

It is like this 'transgender' stuff. According to liberals, men are naturally rapists, but if the man says he is a woman he can use the same restroom as a little girl. Really?

Comment

My daughter is Tom boyish. She likes sports and gets along easier with boys.

But guys should have guy time and girls girl time. I wouldn’t be objected to girls scouts having no archery and Eagle Scouts kinda branch.

But with this world when we have Boy Scouts and let whomever join a lot of perversions start to creep in.

Plus ultimately the world is demasculating men and overly masculating girls. It’s clearly heading to an androgynous direction.
            Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Yes, fl2007rn, it is such a blessing to have Christian parents! I tried Brownies but it just didn't click. Some years later my Mom took me to Pioneer Girls, which was totally awesome. It was like Girl Scouts, but better, because it was a Christian organization and it was more like Boy Scouts in some ways (pocket knives, camping, fires, smores, etc). I was even challenged to learn how to make a fire and light it using only 3 matches (of course it was rainy that day too). Lots of things for the 'tom-boy' in me! And most importantly, it was the leaders of the Pioneer Girls who taught me to pray to accept Jesus into my heart. Oh, wow, it just occurred to me that I can thank them once I get to heaven! We moved not too long after that, and I lost touch with them.

I still have my books from Pioneer Girls, and now can see the solid foundation that it built - it didn't just teach the Bible, but it taught truths of who God is, who Jesus is, and who I am (as a pre-teen at the time that was totally what I needed!). Lots of scripture and how it applies to life. I found myself wishing I could find new copies of those books (they are like workbooks, and mine have been written in, so can't re-use) and re-use them for today's youth. Or re-write them to disciple new believers.

I am so amazed at what God has done in my life!

Oh, and BlessdMomUv5, maybe we should pray that a TL starts up near you!
              Back in the late sixties and early seventies I served as an assistant leader in Pioneer Girls at our church in Redding, CA. There were four of us women who shared the leadership responsibilities, with one being designated the leader. We had a great time with the girls and they learned so much and had so much fun. Everything Girl Scouts offered and even more, because is was Christ centered. We camped, we sewed, we cooked, we did crafts, community service projects, memorized verses,.............and, much more........awesome!!!

Comment

I was never a scout but this is ridiculous. probably one of the only clubs that a kid can join where there are just boys
                and the Girl scouts where there are just girls. can't they leave anything alone?
                "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

Working...
                X