Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protests in Charlottesville, Va. - Signs of the times?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protests in Charlottesville, Va. - Signs of the times?

Dear B&SIC, I have not posted in a while, but rest assured I reach out to this site nearly everyday. I hope everyone has had an enjoyable summer thus far. Just wanted to say God Bless you all, and as you know we are certainly living in the last days. Its just amazing to me the amount of end times signs that have exposed their heads in 2017. Wow, just wow!

I don't want to write a long drawn out message, but do want to say God loves you all of you!! The time of Christs return grows so much nearer everyday, I pray that anybody reading this post is ready.

I just felt a need to open this post up for dialog.

The riots and protests today, were astounding and another sign. White supremacy has no place in heaven, whites are not superior to any other of Gods children, but neither is any other race. If I was asked "is there a chosen people?" , I'd answer "Israel". I am a white man, but I feel all people (no need to name races etc...) all people are created equal. Racism is plain wrong and it must end. That said, racism resides in the hearts of man and woman regardless of race, and it must be reigned in. Today's protests and the counter protests were just plain shameful. Charlottesville, home to UVA, only has 50,000 people. I dare to say the majority of the protesters and counter protesters were carted in from other parts of the country.

I do believe in the 2nd Amendment, but these two groups should have been kept blocks apart.

Some verses that come to mind today:

(Second Coming time-frame, sign we are close to the seventieth week) - emphasis mine.
    Mat 24:7 For nation will rise against nation (ethnicity), and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
    Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

2Ti 3:1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
    2Ti 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    2Ti 3:3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
    2Ti 3:4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
    2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
    2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
    2Ti 3:7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
    2Ti 3:9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

Ladies and Gentlemen... The time is near.

God Bless!

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

:snoopy

These and other sick violent events have caused me to reach the point where I just feel numb. A symptom of what I refer to as "end times fatigue". It almost feels like satan is winning. I'm glad we know how it ends.

Comment

When you have radicals from the left and right both show up at the same protests, this is what you are going to get, violence. I believe as we approach the rapture of the church, things will get worse,not better. Pray for the radicals on both sides of the political spectrum, for you cannot know Jesus as savior and believe in violence against innocent people. Many of these people are showing up at these protests looking for trouble, and they will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by onceblind View Post
        These and other sick violent events have caused me to reach the point where I just feel numb. A symptom of what I refer to as "end times fatigue". It almost feels like satan is winning. I'm glad we know how it ends.

Satan knows his time on Earth is short: 1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Satan is allowed his temporary reprieves, but God is in control and uses these reprieves to his advantage. End-Times fatigue is understandable, so many signs yet the Lord tarries for a while longer. We have to wear the whole armor of God and persevere to the end. God Bless!

Originally posted by Time4me2fly View Post
        When you have radicals from the left and right both show up at the same protests, this is what you are going to get, violence. I believe as we approach the rapture of the church, things will get worse,not better. Pray for the radicals on both sides of the political spectrum, for you cannot know Jesus as savior and believe in violence against innocent people. Many of these people are showing up at these protests looking for trouble, and they will find it.
        Oh how 100% correct you are on all fronts. Charlottesville disallowed the protest to begin with, but a U.S. District Judge overruled. When hate comes to face to face, their will be violence. I wish we could turn back the clock a few days and become better prepared. Total separation was necessary, but did not happen. I also will step out on a limb and say that the hatred was on gross display on both sides. Even if we feel our political views are justified, they do not justify violence towards others.

With the onslaught of vile protests in many cities this year, its pretty safe to say, welcome to the new norm. My fear is for Christians, we are increasingly being labeled/profiled as religious bigot terrorists. Lord come quickly!
        The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

:snoopy

Comment

I think obama has left a legacy of riots and protest marches due to his continuous attempts to divide us into various minority and victim groups. How else to destroy a country---A house divided against itself cannot stand. Currently, there are complaints about those memorials of the Civil War, which was not only a disagreement about slavery. It was part of our history. One quote comes to mind---Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. The statues of these men should remind us of the lives lost, and to inspire us to avoid certain actions in the future.

It seems that people have lost self control and to ability to agree to disagree without the addition of physical violence. Instead of writing to their legislature or sending letters to the editor of the newspaper to voice a difference of opinion, they take to the streets, assault people physically and verbally, vandalize and destroy property, and in some cases cause death. Things have gotten worse since the election, because people have abandoned good sportsmanship, and refused to lose gracefully. So every week there are protest marches. When Kennedy said, Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country, I don't think he meant us to go out and break things and hurt each other. Another source to instigate trouble is the public school system, which has strayed from education to indoctrination. God has been kicked out of the public square, consequently leading people to accept many forms of immoral behavior. Anyone who tries to live a life of biblical principles is now called a bigot or other insults. Truth is abandoned. Insanity reigns.

Lord, come quickly!

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

I agree, my brother and I were talking about it this morning. They are basically both sides of the same coin. They have the same agenda and use the same tactics to accomplish their goals. What frustrates me the most about it, is that the media wants to lump all conservatives and Christians in with these people whenever they are nowhere near the same.

Comment

Originally posted by onceblind View Post

It helps me to think of it as Satan is being led into a trap.
              Now, if I can only keep my own fingers out of that trap...

When you have radicals from the left and right both show up at the same protests, this is what you are going to get, violence. ...
              I am glad you see that. I saw three groups, actually, White Nationalists, Black Lives Matter, and Antifa (communists). But the press only seems to report on the White Nationalists.

Originally posted by In Christ View Post
              Oh how 100% correct you are on all fronts. Charlottesville disallowed the protest to begin with, but a U.S. District Judge overruled. ...
              I saw that, as applies to the White Nationalists, but I didn't see any information whether BLM and Antifa were legal protests, and the videos I saw, it looked like Antifa started the violence, but that was just my impression.

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post

I am glad you see that. I saw three groups, actually, White Nationalists, Black Lives Matter, and Antifa (communists). But the press only seems to report on the White Nationalists.

Thank you. It has been confusing trying to figure out what really is the whole story here. Have heard bits and pieces from other blogs and comments but not from the main stream media. Had deduced that Black Lives Matter was involved but had not realized the communists were there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                  Thank you. It has been confusing trying to figure out what really is the whole story here. Have heard bits and pieces from other blogs and comments but not from the main stream media. Had deduced that Black Lives Matter was involved but had not realized the communists were there as well.
                  I believe the ones with the black helmets and clear shields with an X on them are Antifa, but I also saw flags and banners too.

I think this is one of the symbols I saw:
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa...alogo_alt2.svg
                  or possibly this one:
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa...klobuerste.svg

It was the lettering around the edge that caught my attention.
                  I don't read or write German, but sometimes can deduce what a word means.

In the first picture in this article, which shows Antifa at the Berkley rally, you can see a couple Atifa participants wearing helmets (I can see four) and the black and red flag: I think I saw that one in the videos as well.

A final edit - Breitbart mentions Antifa - Virginia Governor refuses to condemn Antifa:
                  (but don't take my word, watch the video of the verbal exchange between him and someone else)
                  http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ondemn-antifa/

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                    For that exact reason I have not read any news stories about this. But what is sad is that I was talking to a friend today who voted for President Trump, but this friend watches the MSM. The friend said today, "I am sorry that Trump is our president." in response to how President Trump is handling the situation. So I imagine there are many others who voted for President Trump, but are now watching the MSM and are feeling sorry, and are believing the propaganda.
                    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                      For that exact reason I have not read any news stories about this. But what is sad is that I was talking to a friend today who voted for President Trump, but this friend watches the MSM. The friend said today, "I am sorry that Trump is our president." in response to how President Trump is handling the situation. So I imagine there are many others who voted for President Trump, but are now watching the MSM and are feeling sorry, and are believing the propaganda.
                      I suspect that most who voted for President Trump understand that they can't trust what they hear from media and that we're in the middle of a war for the heart and soul of our Nation. A percentage will always be duped.
                      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                        For that exact reason I have not read any news stories about this. But what is sad is that I was talking to a friend today who voted for President Trump, but this friend watches the MSM. ...
                        Friends don't let friends do MSM.
                        (I stole that from an old anti-drug campaign.)

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                        I suspect that most who voted for President Trump understand that they can't trust what they hear from media and that we're in the middle of a war for the heart and soul of our Nation. A percentage will always be duped.
                        I wish I could be sure it was "most." But I am not sure it is "most."

On a different note, I almost spit my coffee on my keyboard when I opened Breitbart to this:
                        http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ided-racially/
                        Bishop E.W. Jackson on Charlottesville:
                        ‘I Condemn Both Sides…
                        Both Sides Want Us Divided Racially’
                        Then I realized it wasn't the Jackson I thought it was...
                        The president of an organization that reaches across racial and cultural lines to bring Americans together around the nation’s foundational principles says he condemns both the “white right group” and the “counter-protesters” who participated in the events in Charlottesville Saturday.
                        Bishop E.W. Jackson, the president of S.T.A.N.D., said in a Facebook video Saturday during the events in Charlottesville, “Both sides of this want us divided racially.”
                        I do wish they would stop calling them counter protesters, or worse "anti-racist" protesters.
                        BLM is just as racist as the KKK.

Comment

Agreed. I also believe that for every Trump voter who regrets their vote, there's one person who is seeing the left acting like lunatics and vowing to never vote democrat again.

Comment

Originally posted by MilkyWay View Post
                            Agreed. I also believe that for every Trump voter who regrets their vote, there's one person who is seeing the left acting like lunatics and vowing to never vote democrat again.
                            Let's hope....

Comment

Well, now I am disappointed with Trump. He caved. One thing that must be understood,
                              when attacked by the Social Justice Warriors:
                              Never Cave.

Here is where he caved:
                              http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-hate-groups/
                              In this, he said what they wanted to hear, and never mentioned the violence perpetrated by the LEFT (Atifa) and by BLM, which is an anti-white racist, anti-police organization funded by Comunists.

{Mod Snip - See rule 14}

Here is the LEFTIST's capitalizing on his capitulation:
                              http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ism-fundraise/
                              by PENNY STARR15 Aug 201793
                              The left-wing Indivisible website is using the deadly protest in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday to generate donations and promote “progressivism” through scheduling vigils and other gatherings across the country.
                              “Stand in Solidarity with Charlottesville – Find an Event,” is the headline on the website.

“This weekend, hate groups and domestic terrorists of all stripes went to Charlottesville, VA to push their hateful message of white supremacy, fascism, anti-Semitism, and bigotry,” the website states.

“When they got there they waged violence on unarmed anti-racists, killing one and injuring many others,” the website says. “We mourn for the life that was lost, and we will honor all those under attack by congregating against hate in our own communities.”
                              “The Indivisible Project’s mission is to cultivate and lift up a grassroots movement of local groups to defeat the Trump agenda, elect progressive leaders, and realize bold progressive policies,” states the website.

“We need your help to provide the 6,000 grassroots Indivisible groups across the country with resources, tools, and support to take action,” says the website, urging donations. “Most of all, we want you to be part of this nationwide movement.”
                              Again, "Anti-Racist" is a lie made up by the LEFT, to pretend that BLM is not a hate group.
                              Last edited by Tall Timbers; August 15th, 2017, 04:42 PM. Reason: see rule 14

Comment

Working...
                              X