The Death of Free Speech in America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
    Two things are in play. Youth and inexperience.

A younger person is more malleable, and many of these young people
    do not have a solid foundation in the Scriptures, to begin with.
    (Not slamming their parents - it is extremely difficult to get a young
    person today deeply indoctrinated in the Scriptures)
    Agree. That's what happened to me. I went to a very liberal college (AND the "Christians" that I was exposed to throughout my early life were very hypocritical and downright nasty) so adding those two things, of course I drank the kool-aid. . :

It wasn't until my early 30's that a TRUE Christian accepted and loved me in a very broken state. She was the shining example, Christ calls us professing "CHRIST-ians" ("CHRIST-LIKE") to be. Only then was I open to hearing more and I accepted Christ and my "scales" fell off.

Selfishness, additions, focus on technology, broken homes, "too busy" for Church (parties, sports, etc), and we keep generating generations that have no real roots anymore. I often thought, if the rapture waits another 50-70 years (which I don't think it will because of the season we seem to be in), will there be ANYONE left TO Rapture?! I mean, seriously.

I also think -- that the Liberals will come back with a vengeance this next election.
    Perhaps "the last TRUMP" phase is ironic.. I mean, what are the odds our president has that very last name. I do think the bible is more literal (and has multi-reference), but we don't always know/understand until it actually comes to pass. Maybe "the last trump," besides being the bible reference we understand, also gives a little nod to the last US Pres.

Comment

Originally posted by LAMBorgini View Post
      Agree. That's what happened to me. I went to a very liberal college (AND the "Christians" that I was exposed to throughout my early life were very hypocritical and downright nasty) so adding those two things, of course I drank the kool-aid. . :

It wasn't until my early 30's that a TRUE Christian accepted and loved me in a very broken state. She was the shining example, Christ calls us professing "CHRIST-ians" ("CHRIST-LIKE") to be. Only then was I open to hearing more and I accepted Christ and my "scales" fell off.

Selfishness, additions, focus on technology, broken homes, "too busy" for Church (parties, sports, etc), and we keep generating generations that have no real roots anymore. I often thought, if the rapture waits another 50-70 years (which I don't think it will because of the season we seem to be in), will there be ANYONE left TO Rapture?! I mean, seriously.

I also think -- that the Liberals will come back with a vengeance this next election.
      Perhaps "the last TRUMP" phase is ironic.. I mean, what are the odds our president has that very last name. I do think the bible is more literal (and has multi-reference), but we don't always know/understand until it actually comes to pass. Maybe "the last trump," besides being the bible reference we understand, also gives a little nod to the last US Pres.
      If we waited 50 more years to be raptured Luke 18:8 comes to kind.

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
      Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
        If we waited 50 more years to be raptured Luke 18:8 comes to kind.
        I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
        That came to my mind, also, since one of my teachers (Vernon McGee, perhaps?) said that the question is rhetorical, and is asked in such a way that the answer must be "No"

Comment

Originally posted by LAMBorgini View Post
          I often thought, if the rapture waits another 50-70 years (which I don't think it will because of the season we seem to be in), will there be ANYONE left TO Rapture?! I mean, seriously.
          LAMBorgini it is great to see you back!!!! I agree with you. The Rapture has to happen soon for if there is a 50 year plus delay the Rapture would not be very impressive to the world as there would hardly be any one Raptured the way things are going...

Comment

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...rity-concerns/

The conservative voice in this country is being effectively squelched.

Comment

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...silence-conse/

Advocating violence to silence "the enemy" continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...silence-conse/

Advocating violence to silence "the enemy" continues.
                Just articles University Newspapers, now advocating what the Liberal Left has been
                advocating among themselves and in their internal literature for several years.

The only difference is that now they feel they will not be called on it by the Universities, and
                they are correct: they won't. Just a reminder that McCarthy was right (which was proven
                a few years ago, when several formerly secret documents and studies were published.)

From the link:
                Conservatives have come to expect that they might be protested, ridiculed and disinvited when they venture to speak on college campuses, but the penalty for telling students something they disagree with has taken a more violent turn.
                Buttressed by an ideology that views “hate speech” as violence and its suppression as self-defense, students increasingly are resorting to the destruction of property and assault to keep conservative speakers quiet.
                Students at Wellesley College made the intellectual case for using force to stifle free speech in an editorial last week, arguing that “hostility may be warranted” against people who are “given the resources to learn” yet “refuse to adapt their beliefs.”

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...s-student.html
                  sigpic
                  Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

I get more and more ashamed to live in AZ.

Thank God I don't belong in this world.
                    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                      I get more and more ashamed to live in AZ.

Thank God I don't belong in this world.
                      It isn't AZ. AZ, as a whole, is doing pretty well.
                      But the squirrels insure that there are a few nuts buried in every yard.

In this case, you have a radical far left liberal showing clear signs
                      of mental illness, and she is in one of the few places in your state
                      that will make her illness worse: a university.

Comment

It isn't AZ. AZ, as a whole, is doing pretty well.
                        But the squirrels insure that there are a few nuts buried in every yard.

In this case, you have a radical far left liberal showing clear signs
                        of mental illness, and she is in one of the few places in your state
                        that will make her illness worse: a university.
                        Amen! It's not just AZ. Trying living in liberal WA! Our country has been consumed by crazy people, but God is still in control! Ewe can rest safely in His arms.
                        1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...h-11142885.php

John Cornyn will not go through what Betsy DeVos---the Education Secretary---went through at Cookman University. That is because the speech Cornyn was supposed to give at commencement at Texas Southern University has been cancelled. 863 folk signed an online petition protesting Cornyn's speech and the Administration of the University caved. Successful pre-emptive protesting.

Comment

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...h-11142885.php

John Cornyn will not go through what Betsy DeVos---the Education Secretary---went through at Cookman University. That is because the speech Cornyn was supposed to give at commencement at Texas Southern University has been cancelled. 863 folk signed an online petition protesting Cornyn's speech and the Administration of the University caved. Successful pre-emptive protesting.
                            Anyone who studies the rise and fall of Kingdoms and Nations knows we are headed for a civil war, much like a century ago in Russia. There are many, many, parallels between that war and the U.S. today.

As a footnote, we supported the losing side in the Russian Revolution of 1917, and the Bolsheviks have never forgotten that. Recently declassified government documents show that McCarthy was right, but the establishment Republicans (sound familiar?) and Democrats preferred to stand against him, rather than clean house.

Comment

Anyone who studies the rise and fall of Kingdoms and Nations knows we are headed for a civil war, much like a century ago in Russia. There are many, many, parallels between that war and the U.S. today.
                              Interesting, my grandfather was a Canon in the Episcopal Church. He told my dad in 1979 that there would be another civil war in this country. I did not see the signs until Obama came on the scene.

Comment

Interesting, my grandfather was a Canon in the Episcopal Church. He told my dad in 1979 that there would be another civil war in this country. I did not see the signs until Obama came on the scene.
                                At this point the only way we will avoid civil war
                                is for some other calamity to take us out first.

And, at this point it is unavoidable. I just began
                                studying the methodology of the Left, and it isn't
                                much different than what the Bolsheviks used.

The Right is arming up, too, but they are not
                                planning to defend the whole country, just pieces
                                of it, and allowing the rest to fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X