No announcement yet.

Paris Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like Gov. Branstad has halted all work on Syrian refugee resettlement here in Iowa, at least for the time being. Good for him...better for us.
    Matt. 7:21
    2 Cor. 5:21

Comment

• Originally posted by Florian9 View Post
      Here's the list so far that won't accept "refugees":

Michigan
      Alabama
      Texas
      Louisiana
      Arkansas
      Indiana
      Mississippi
      Illinois
      Massachusetts

Need 41 more to comply now!
      Include North Carolina now. Gov. Pat McCrory said we won't be accepting any.
      Luke 21:28
      But when these things begin to happen, look up, and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Haven't been on here in a while...dealing with personal issues.

I'm kind of on the fence with this refugee issue. I don't know if I'm getting "soft-hearted" or what, but I feel so sorry for these people trying to escape from their war-torn countries - and many with children. I know we have to be vigilant and I'm not too naive to realize that terrorists will "use" any method they can to infiltrate our population and cause havoc. But I can't help but think of another middle-eastern family that was seeking refuge some 2000 years ago....sure, the circumstances are different, I understand. But it's the same Christians who are spewing hatred against these souls who will set up nativity scenes in a few weeks depicting this young family in a stable. I'm torn. And yes, I did say "hatred" because there is no other term adequate enough to describe some of what I've been reading, including my own Christian friends on Facebook.
        Bible prophecy is not given to scare us, but to prepare us.

sigpic

Comment

• Don't forget..... There are some Christians in the mix with those refugees. Not every one of them are Muslims or true Muslims.

Comment

• I think in my case it is more "fearful" and "anger" than hate. How can you tell the Christians from the ones that want to kill everyone in sight that doesn't agree with them? Once they are in this country, that's pretty much it. The extremists have made it clear what they want to. The timing of the refugees coming over and ISIS making their threat couldn't have been worse. I'm also wondering if extremists get in with the true refugees, won't that make this country just like the one they are escaping from? This is why I think it's a bad idea.

Yes God is in control and we need to for everyone s safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
              Don't forget..... There are some Christians in the mix with those refugees. Not every one of them are Muslims or true Muslims.
              From what I have read, Obama is making it difficult or impossible for the Syrian Christians to get here, but the door is wide open for the Muslims.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrideOfChrist View Post
                Hey Guys,

I'm kind of on the fence with this refugee issue. I don't know if I'm getting "soft-hearted" or what, but I feel so sorry for these people trying to escape from their war-torn countries - and many with children. I know we have to be vigilant and I'm not too naive to realize that terrorists will "use" any method they can to infiltrate our population and cause havoc. But I can't help but think of another middle-eastern family that was seeking refuge some 2000 years ago....sure, the circumstances are different, I understand. But it's the same Christians who are spewing hatred against these souls who will set up nativity scenes in a few weeks depicting this young family in a stable. I'm torn. And yes, I did say "hatred" because there is no other term adequate enough to describe some of what I've been reading, including my own Christian friends on Facebook.
                The "hatred" accusation gets thrown out a lot, especially by Christians accusing their own brethren of it. Call it what you will, but IMO it should be pretty clear to anybody with a thinking cap on who does a little research, that these so called refugees are not what the press and Obama & other politicians are painting them to be. Cities in the old times used to have walls to protect their populations, nations have armies, and countries use prisons to keep the evil people at bay. Nobody knows the content of what we get from these refugees except 1st that their Muslim (problem #1), 2nd their about 90% males of military age NOT from Syria, 3rd they want all sorts of freebies from whatever gov't they'll leech off of and if it's not Halal (God forbid ) they may riot.

Think about it this way, would you personally invite a family of migrants off the street into your home to live (for free), and then as you serve them they begin demanding that you act according to their religion and customs and eat their food types--all while you are in your own home? This is Islam and this is what they are doing. Most Westerners (White Christians) are very ignorant to what is really going on in Europe right now. Women are being kidnapped and violently raped, there are "no go" zones now where only Muslims can go.

This is about protecting our society (what's left of it) from even more evil. This nonsense that it's "hatred" to want to prevent these people from coming over here has got to stop. Would you accuse Israel of "hatred" for wanting to segregate Palestinians from their own population to protect themselves from violent attacks? It's normal to want to protect your nation from barbarians and barbaric behavior. Perhaps Paris and 9/11 and these attacks below cut & pasted from Todd's article isn't enough of an indication that people don't see the problem?

The Hebdo attack were Muslims.
                The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim.
                The Beltway Snipers were Muslims.
                The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim.
                The underwear Bomber was a Muslim.
                The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims.
                The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims.
                The Bafi Nightclub Bombers were Muslims.
                The London Subway Bombers were Muslims.
                The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims.
                The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims.
                The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims.
                The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims.
                The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims.
                The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Muslims.
                The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Muslims.
                The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims.
                The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims.
                The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims.
                The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims.
                The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Muslims.
                The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims.
                The first World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims.
                The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Muslims.
                The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims.
                The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims.
                John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrideOfChrist View Post
                  Hey Guys,

The ones in need are not the ones Obama is bringing in. ISIS is still murdering the Christians. Obama is bringing the ones known to be anti American. Anti freedom.
                  Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
                  You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
                  12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
                  O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
                  Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Comment

• forgot to add...

our christian president loves his muslim faith...

there is the problems in our 1st Amendment,

We want everyone to be able to worship their god however they want,
                    but it requires a covenant of every other believer to limit any objections to another's faith to apologetics - discussion - evangelism.

Once you start killing people who do not follow "your god" you violate that covenant and are subject to purging from the society governed by that very freedom.

Both the public as well as our government is grossly misguided to think islam can co-exsist with any other religion.

And although Christianity has a similar exclusion - John 14:6, all authority to enforce such an act is held exclusively in the hands of Jesus Christ. And HE ALONE will judge the nations.

Rev 23: 10-11 NKJV
                    10 And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. 11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

2 Timothy 4:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)

Preach the Word

4 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm His View Post
                      Sherrid & Tiffany,

I see and hear many people saying there's no doubt that God is returning soon because of the recent terrorist events taking place. I want to say that I am not a scoffer and I do know Jesus will return for his bride. I just am curious as to how people can definitively say it will be soon or even in our lifetime. I hope and pray it is, but how can we be sure? I know Christians believed the same after the atrocities of the Holocaust, and yet here we are, 8 decades later.
                      Thanks for any insight. As we all are, I am heartbroken over these events and the pitiful state of our world, and I would love to truly believe Jesus will soon return and rescue us all from this world, but I just don't know if it's going to happen in our definition of "soon."
                      I can not definitively say it. I am not sure. It could be that all this will stall, or that Islam will actually take over the world causing chaos everywhere and be in control of the world for 100 years (or whatever). And then at that point Jesus would get us and then the antichrist would enter on the scene. I don't know anything for sure.

It's just that I see the evil in the world. More than seeing it, I feel it in my soul. It's not something that I can explain, but I think that every born again Christian probably feels it... the evil.... that Satan and his fallen angels and demons have truly been unleashed and are going full force and covering the world with their presence because they know their time is short. For those who do not have The Holy Spirit residing in them, they are completely subject to being affected, oppressed, even possessed by the evil which is so rampant. They may be "good" people, but it's just if Satan or one of his singles them out, and decides to attack them, they have no defense because they don't have Christ in them, and they will end doing things so horrible they could have never dreamed it possible before that they would have done it. (It's one reason why I think there are so many mass killings and then the perpetrator commits suicide. I know it's not a popular belief, but I think when they do it, it is very possible they are possessed by a demon or demons, and when the demons take over a person literally can not control themselves, sometimes are not even aware of what they are doing at all while under the demons control. Once they come to, they realize what they have done, can't live with it, and probably kill themselves. And none of that is for sure either, it's just what I think. If interested in reading about it, I have found a really good book on it that I am reading. It is by a guy called Jeff Harshbarger who used to be a satanist but is now a born again Christian and is an ordained pastor at Calvary Chapel and also runs a ministry to help those who have dabbled in occult, the spiritual, witches, satanism, etc. Book is called, Dancing with the Devil: An Honest Look into the Occult from Former Followers.) Be careful of other books you buy though, research throughly before buying, because the spiritual is a subject that is very serious and very real. I made the mistake of buying lots of random books on it which 'claimed' to be Christian but they were not, and I suffered because of it. So, be careful. I do think it's happening though, as the Bible says in Ephesians 6:12: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

I feel the spiritual on this earth, more than I've ever felt it before. And I think it's because we are very close. I think within our lifetimes Jesus will come. I don't know for sure. And I won't say for sure that it will be in our lifetime, or give you a date or a time, because I don't know. It is just what The Holy Spirit who resides within me is telling me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazin Grace View Post
                        There was a post on another venue where a woman said that letting refugees in isn't a smart idea right now.
                        I agreed and also brought up that our borders are so compromised that there are terrorists here already..

At that point another woman jumped on and started blasting away at me and the first woman saying how can I assume that illegals crossing over are terrorists....
                        After she went on to accuse me of being an angry person she stated that this president has done more to secure our borders than any president before him had.....At that point I knew that someone had fallen through the looking glass and it wasn't me

My point is I am continually blown away by people's perspective on things....Is the only thing that makes sense is that they are being supernaturally blinded to the truth??
                        I have been around for more than half a century and I just can not recall people being this blind to anything before... Is it me????

It's not you. People without Christ have been sent a delusion, and they are believing it and buying it hook, line, and sinker. It's pointless to even argue with them about it. The best to do is pray for them that they will turn to Jesus, be saved, and have their eyes opened.

The things that woman said to you... just so obviously not true. But the best we can do is to pray. Because it is Him who has all power, all control. Not us.

Wishing right now I lived in one of the states that is refusing any more refugees. I'm actually amazed that so many are standing up and saying "No!". Washington DC probably is a goner. Because MD and VA seem to want all the "refugees" to come, and are not on the list of those states who have said they will not accept any more. So, DC is surrounded.

If there would be one thing (other than the fact they need Jesus) that I'd like to get across to the people of this nation, and this world, it's that these people are NOT refugees. The things Obama said in his speech yesterday, about them fleeing war and persecution, about how horrible their lives are and how they themselves are the most impacted by the terrorism.... it's just not true. Obama knows what he is doing, and is trying to play on the emotions and compassion of the American people. I mean, when all this first started, I bought it too. I was thinking poor refugees, these poor people running for their lives with nothing but the clothes on their back, and that we should help them no matter their religion. But then I looked deeper into it, into the fact that the majority of "refugees" were men between 18-45 (pictures prove this), into the fact that they were not dying of thirst or starvation and would even throw aid given to them on the ground and stomp on it and destroy it (poor starving people don't do that, halal or not and in Islam it does say that one can eat non halal if they are starving), and then the ungratefulness.... people complaining about where they have been resettled to, that they want Playstation 4, that they are bored and have nothing to do (Sorry, but any true refugee would never do anything like this and it's fact that after fleeing so much chaos and war, they would be happy with boredom, with nothing to do. True refugees probably pray for boredom every day.) I'm all for helping people who truly need it. But these people don't. They are fine. They (the majority) are not being persecuted, no.... They are the ones doing the persecuting. For anyone reading who thinks different, please research for yourself, open your eyes, and see the lie that America and other world governments are trying to sell us. Because it may already be too late. But at the very least we can stand together and NOT let anymore into our borders, and fight for our freedom, our way of life that they are trying to destroy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RogerThat View Post
                          Gov. Deal of GA says "Thanks, but no thanks." to refugees.

Saw a post of on a friend's FB page that claims refugees are the most security vetted population who come to the US...

Very conflicted about it, seeing as how our church works closely with the refugee population in our area, and even made it part of our World Mission Conference last year, welcoming the stranger...obviously I have much compassion for those fleeing dangerous situations in their home countries, but really. We can't afford to be foolish right now...
                          I'm just like you RogerThat. And you too, Bride of Christ. I used to be conflicted about it. But read my post above, it's all a lie. These people are not being persecuted or fleeing anything. They are pulling up stakes and invading, with intent to take over and force Islam on the West. Either that, or if we refuse, they kill us.

I've always been very concerned in helping people in other countries who live horrible, fearful, oppressed lives. Things like what happened, and is still happening, in Sudan, just horrible. I think it's right that we resettled many of the lost boys from Sudan here. Things they have been through, unspeakable. Right now, I'm getting involved with a mission a lady at the church I go to runs, in Uganda. She wants me to come with her there in January but it's just not possible for me this time, too short of notice as she is going in January and just asked me last week. But I want to go with her next time she goes after that. She said she goes once a year. They have done many projects, and are now doing a water project. I'm going to donate but unfortunately can't go this time.

I'm sure there are a very few coming out from Syria and surrounding areas, who are true refugees. But most of them are not. And unfortunately, there is no way for us to tell the difference. Government talks about vetting and background checks.... how can one do a background check on someone coming out of Syria??? Honestly, I don't think it is possible. If anyone knows the answer to the question, exactly what the US governments background checks consist of, please tell me, because I really would like to know the process.

As for hating them, I don't hate them. Even the ones who hate me, I don't hate them. But the facts are, they want to kill me, kill us (most of them). The best thing we can do for them and for their children is to pray for them. Letting them in to allow them to destroy Western Civilization as we know it is not the right answer. And it won't help the poor innocent children involved in this, it would only guarantee them a life that is just like the one they live now, filled with violence, murder, and being taught to hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiffanybw View Post
                            It's not you. People without Christ have been sent a delusion, and they are believing it and buying it hook, line, and sinker. It's pointless to even argue with them about it. The best to do is pray for them that they will turn to Jesus, be saved, and have their eyes opened.

The things that woman said to you... just so obviously not true. But the best we can do is to pray. Because it is Him who has all power, all control. Not us.

Wishing right now I lived in one of the states that is refusing any more refugees. I'm actually amazed that so many are standing up and saying "No!". Washington DC probably is a goner. Because MD and VA seem to want all the "refugees" to come, and are not on the list of those states who have said they will not accept any more. So, DC is surrounded.

If there would be one thing (other than the fact they need Jesus) that I'd like to get across to the people of this nation, and this world, it's that these people are NOT refugees. The things Obama said in his speech yesterday, about them fleeing war and persecution, about how horrible their lives are and how they themselves are the most impacted by the terrorism.... it's just not true. Obama knows what he is doing, and is trying to play on the emotions and compassion of the American people. I mean, when all this first started, I bought it too. I was thinking poor refugees, these poor people running for their lives with nothing but the clothes on their back, and that we should help them no matter their religion. But then I looked deeper into it, into the fact that the majority of "refugees" were men between 18-45 (pictures prove this), into the fact that they were not dying of thirst or starvation and would even throw aid given to them on the ground and stomp on it and destroy it (poor starving people don't do that, halal or not and in Islam it does say that one can eat non halal if they are starving), and then the ungratefulness.... people complaining about where they have been resettled to, that they want Playstation 4, that they are bored and have nothing to do (Sorry, but any true refugee would never do anything like this and it's fact that after fleeing so much chaos and war, they would be happy with boredom, with nothing to do. True refugees probably pray for boredom every day.) I'm all for helping people who truly need it. But these people don't. They are fine. They (the majority) are not being persecuted, no.... They are the ones doing the persecuting. For anyone reading who thinks different, please research for yourself, open your eyes, and see the lie that America and other world governments are trying to sell us. Because it may already be too late. But at the very least we can stand together and NOT let anymore into our borders, and fight for our freedom, our way of life that they are trying to destroy.

Well put, Tiffany. I agree with everything you said. You said it in a more compassionate way, though. How do we know who we are getting? Since when has Obama cared about Christians being slaughtered? I doubt seriously that many of those coming over are those trying to escape for a better life.

I don't believe anything Obama says. Its not about hate. I fear what is going to happen if we open our cities up to them. Obama wants them to infiltrate our country. Why? So we can conform to Sharia Law? So he can suspend the elections? So he can have more people vote his way and fundamentally destroy this Country for good? Obama is all about taking away our guns as well. Obama is an evil, dangerous, person. He is not even a President. I give that title to someone who is looking out for the People who trust them. Obama is a traitor as well as most of the democratic party.

Comment

• In spite of what the street organizer says, it would be impossible to do a "rigorous" background check on each and every person seeking immediate refuge in the US. He's lying. Where would we get 100% thorough and reliable information on their backgrounds anyway .... the Syrian government?

I heard a suggestion recently that the only refugees we should allow to cross our borders are parents with young children and the elderly. NO young men of fighting age should be allowed because these are the ones who are most likely to be radicalized. That could be a compromise solution but I doubt the Leftists in power will accept it. Their tireless defense of Islamic terrorists betrays a death wish for America they will never admit.

Our government is using images of children to blackmail the public into agreeing with a dangerous open borders policy in a time of war. CNN helps with this perverse PR campaign by only showing the relatively few families while avoiding shots of multitudes of healthy, well-dressed, cell-phone carrying young men "escaping". I believe when Paris is repeated in a few American cities people will realize it is never "heartless" for a sovereign nation to seal its borders in a time of high alert. It is never "hateful" to protect your own children from jihadists who are always inventing new ways to kill the infidel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazin Grace View Post
                                There was a post on another venue where a woman said that letting refugees in isn't a smart idea right now.
                                I agreed and also brought up that our borders are so compromised that there are terrorists here already..

At that point another woman jumped on and started blasting away at me and the first woman saying how can I assume that illegals crossing over are terrorists....
                                After she went on to accuse me of being an angry person she stated that this president has done more to secure our borders than any president before him had.....At that point I knew that someone had fallen through the looking glass and it wasn't me

My point is I am continually blown away by people's perspective on things....Is the only thing that makes sense is that they are being supernaturally blinded to the truth??
                                I have been around for more than half a century and I just can not recall people being this blind to anything before... Is it me????
                                As far as liberals go, I take this advice: Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X