Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unacceptable News Sources

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unacceptable News Sources

    Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

    Christian Science Monitor
    sify
    eutimes
    WND
    Newsmax
    DebkaFile
    Prisonplanet
    infowars
    Zero Hedge
    The Sun (UK)
    The Golden Report
    Huffington Post
    People's Daily (China)


    This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.

    Note. If you can find the same story from a legitimate source, then please post that instead.
    Last edited by HeIsEnough; August 24th, 2010, 08:53 PM. Reason: update

  • #2
    eutimes

    why do you say that? im just curious.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by liannemr View Post
      why do you say that? im just curious.
      because of unsubstantiated reporting and sensationalism.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by liannemr View Post
        why do you say that? im just curious.
        The nature of some of their articles. It is not a legitimate news site.
        Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by carolina_guy View Post
          Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

          eutimes
          WND (ok if substantiated by other sources)
          Newsmax (ok if substantiated by other sources)
          DebkaFile (ok if substantiated by other sources)
          Prisonplanet
          infowars


          This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.
          Thanks for the reminder, Justin.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Can this be a sticky please, I accidently used a bad news source on a thread and was mildly told about it. I couldn't find where something like this was. And maybe update the first post in the thread as more are discovered?

            Comment


            • #7
              I didn't know about Newsmax...sorry. I think I've used it a few times.
              Bible prophecy is not given to scare us, but to prepare us.

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BrideOfChrist View Post
                I didn't know about Newsmax...sorry. I think I've used it a few times.
                newsmax is essentially a blog/opinion piece. i've seen many things in the magazine that simply did not happen as projected or reported. ok to use as a secondary source though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This ought to be sticked IMO.

                  On this topic, it would be nice if we had a sticked list of approved blogs as well. I still see post blogs from time to time that don't get removed according to the no blogs rule.
                  "I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand: for this I also believe, that unless I believe I will not understand." --Anselm of Canterbury

                  Hebrews 12:3-4
                  For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fracturedInfinity View Post
                    This ought to be sticked IMO.

                    On this topic, it would be nice if we had a sticked list of approved blogs as well. I still see post blogs from time to time that don't get removed according to the no blogs rule.
                    I agree. It would benefit mods and posters alike.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hal has been using debka and wnd as of late

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by big wave View Post
                        Hal has been using debka and wnd as of late
                        That is Hal. This is RR. If you want to listen and follow those sites, go for it. I think that Justin is saying that for this board, though, the mods have decided not to use those at their discretion. Gotta play by the rules...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cherished View Post
                          That is Hal. This is RR. If you want to listen and follow those sites, go for it. I think that Justin is saying that for this board, though, the mods have decided not to use those at their discretion. Gotta play by the rules...
                          Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cherished View Post
                            That is Hal. This is RR. If you want to listen and follow those sites, go for it. I think that Justin is saying that for this board, though, the mods have decided not to use those at their discretion. Gotta play by the rules...
                            I think what the poster is saying is that Hal gets posted on this site and that's all fine and dandy but if he is using Debka and WND for his references and we are posting Hal on RR, see what I mean?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes, (trying not to get in trouble again)
                              Thanks Christina

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X